2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phil1993

Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations

Post by phil1993 » 23 Aug 2009, 06:37

No, Kobayashi as he is Japanese AND the Toyota TD

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 23 Aug 2009, 18:05

Soucek targets F1 drive
Formula Two championship leader Andy Soucek admits that he is aiming for a Formula One race seat in 2010. The Spaniard currently holds a lead of twenty-two points with six races remaining in the F2 championship but believes past test results and this year's form are enough evidence to be able to progress up the motorsport ladder.

Highly regarded as one of, if not the, quickest driver in Formula Two - a series which sees drivers having to adapt between different race engineers race-by-race - Soucek is positive that, with a selection of F1 seats available next season, the move is viable.

"I feel I am ready for the chance in Formula One," commented the 24-year-old. "I am hoping to get my second test in an F1 car following my run with Toyota in 2006. I believe I have the ability, experience and maturity to adapt quickly to a Formula One car again.

"I am in a good position, having already driven an F1 car and most of the single-seater formulae below; it is about finding the limits of the car quickly and hopefully I will get the chance to prove I can do that."

"Amongst an extraordinarily competitive field, Andy has really stood out with a superb combination of pace, race craft and consistency," added Jonathan Palmer, former F1 driver and chief executive of MotorSport Vision, organiser of the F2 championship. "Andy is also outstandingly professional as well as being a great guy and I have no doubt that he will be highly impressive when he makes the F1 debut he deserves."

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 23 Aug 2009, 18:43

Barrichello aiming to extend career
Spoiler:
Having recently raised the prospect of retirement, Rubens Barrichello on Sunday said he now wants to prolong his record-setting Formula One career.

After a five-year winning drought, the oldest regular driver on the grid broke through with a strong victory at Valencia and declared he wants to add a 17th consecutive season to his unprecedented tally of approaching 300 Grand Prix.

Last month, Barrichello admitted that "five percent" of his feeling when thinking about extending his career into 2010 is "why do you need it?" But he said on Sunday: "I wish to carry on."

Barrichello admitted the 2010 driver market is currently a complicated one.

"It's early, there's lots of talking because of Alonso (to Ferrari) and this and that but it takes me 15 minutes to get out of the circuit because I talk to everyone and I love to talk to everyone, so I'm really leaving my chances open for next year," said the Brazilian.

Many had written him off prior to Ross Brawn re-signing him for the 2009 season, but Barrichello insists he has never driven better.

"There has not been a time in my life which I have loved more than racing and driving now and I think I'm doing a really good job. At 37 I think I have reached the peak of my driving," he had said on Saturday.

Brawn said on Friday that he was currently in discussions with his drivers. "We are obviously very happy with their performance this year and it is not appropriate for me to talk about what we are doing with our drivers at the moment.”

Barrichello drove with Felipe Massa's yellow and green colours at the top of his helmet this weekend, along with the message 'See you on track soon!'

He dedicated his Valencia win to his recovering countryman and friend, who won at the Spanish circuit a year ago.

Code: Select all

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090823190832.shtml
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 23 Aug 2009, 21:22

McLaren HAVE to replace Kovalainen. Rosberg is way better, Heikki is nowhere near Lewis. Today again. Lewis would have won the race and Heikki going backwards, finishing even behind Kimi, although the McLaren was the better car in Valencia.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 24 Aug 2009, 09:29

Here's an interesting newsreport about Fernando Alonso and Ferrari :O Unfortunantly it's in dutch, but I translated it to english (with babelfish :p )

'Disclosure Ferrari-deal Alonso renewaled'
24 augusts 2009
But the rumours concerning Fernando Alonso and Ferrari continue continue. Initially it the expectation that had been confessed in Monza would be made that the Spaniard would leave to the Italian team, to the more online journal GPWeek communicates that the disclosure has been postponed. Ferrari from respect for Felipe mass cyclists still no for 2010 want announce. The Brazilian is, as it happens, still repairing of the wounds that he in Hungary incurred and it is still uncertain or he sufficiently will repair for next year races. A source near told to GPWeek, at Alonso and Ferrari: " In Monza will deal are announced, but the team has had postpone that because of the uncertainty concerning mass. Fernando however in 2010, Ferrari-coureur will be. That contract has been signed. The question is only which is fellow-member will be, and from respect for Felipe Ferrari just something will announce when clear it is if he is possible terugkeren." Mass would not probably be able next year for Ferrari races Kimi Raikkonen, Michael Schumacher and Robert Kubica the most important candidates are its take place.

gpupdate.net

Kirstie005
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Kirstie005 » 24 Aug 2009, 10:45

blizzard wrote:McLaren HAVE to replace Kovalainen. Rosberg is way better, Heikki is nowhere near Lewis. Today again. Lewis would have won the race and Heikki going backwards, finishing even behind Kimi, although the McLaren was the better car in Valencia.

i wouldnt exactly say heikki is nowhere near lewis, he did come 4th. Which is much better than he has been doing.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Aug 2009, 10:49

Rosberg is a fantastic driver, one of the stars of this year and I believe that in the McLaren he would be nearer Lewis than Heikki: thats what McLaren need... a Number 2 for Lewis, but not so far back.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Aug 2009, 18:15

Alonso signs for Ferrari, but official announcement delayed
As rumours surrounding a number of teams continue to circulate in the Formula One paddock, gossip regarding Fernando Alonso's move to Ferrari next year continues to be the epicentre of the silly season; however, a source close to both parties has told GPWeek that a Monza announcement has now been delayed as Felipe Massa continues to recuperate.

With Alonso highly tipped to become team-mate to Massa at the Maranello team next year, the Brazilian's injuries sustained from his Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying crash have thrown a number of variables into the mix at the Scuderia although the Paulista is expected to make a full recovery ahead of next season.

With the Italian Grand Prix weekend (12-13 September) the traditional scene for Ferrari announcements, GPWeek as now been told by an anonymous source that any news bulletins will be placed on hold. "The announcement was due to be made in Monza as had been expected for some time," the quote reads. "However with Massa's return under question the team has been forced to delay.

"Fernando will be a Ferrari driver in 2010. The deal has been signed. The only question is his team-mare and out of respect for Felipe, Ferrari will not make the announcement until they are sure whether he will be able to return."

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/08/24/alonso-to-ferrari-announcement-delayed/

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 24 Aug 2009, 18:40

Good photoshop there :roll::

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Aug 2009, 19:13

Bernie Ecclestone showed Formula One team bosses the proposed race calendar for the 2010 season Sunday.

The meeting took place ahead of the European Grand Prix at Valencia, and is believed to have pleased the teams with the confirmation of the return to the calendar of Canada.

The extra race means F1 will stage 18 grand prix events in 2010; one more than this year.

Contrary to speculation, Valencia will again stage the European grand prix but may have a date change, with organizers not happy its current August date clashes with Spanish holidays.

Ecclestone is hoping a solution can be found so that financially-embattled Hockenheim can host the German grand prix as scheduled, while Britain is assured a 2010 date, with Donington and Silverstone vying for the summer event.

Following
the withdrawal of Toyota-owned Fuji Speedway, Suzuka will host the 2010 Japanese Grand Prix.
So, S.Korea and Canada back makes 19... so which race is going?

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 25 Aug 2009, 07:03

phil1993 wrote:So, S.Korea and Canada back makes 19... so which race is going?
Istanbul Park :pray:

Please not Spa :(

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Aug 2009, 15:14

Ultra-successful world rally driver Sebastien Loeb has reportedly made an approach to the new-for-2010 USF1 team.

"Somebody representing Loeb called us but I won't give details of the conversation," sporting director Peter Windsor is quoted as telling the French sports daily L'Equipe.

Ever since Loeb, 35, tested Red Bull's F1 car over the winter, his rising interest in a more serious foray has been rumoured, including recently putting his name forward as Sebastien Bourdais' Toro Rosso replacement.

Windsor added: "He is an incredible talent and he would definitely make things interesting in F1. We are looking more on the American side but are going to take him seriously."

Loeb also confirmed the USF1 approach to L'Equipe. "I wanted to know if a team was really interested in me for F1. Someone contacted this new team but I don't know what happened.

"I am enjoying myself in the WRC and am on the verge of extending my contract with Citroen. But if I get the opportunity to do a couple of races in 2010 when the calendars don't clash then why not?"

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 25 Aug 2009, 16:21

Loeb ! Forgot about him. Would be cool to see him in an F1 car. But I hope it's not a Bourdais story all over again ...

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 25 Aug 2009, 20:25

phil1993 wrote:Rosberg is a fantastic driver, one of the stars of this year and I believe that in the McLaren he would be nearer Lewis than Heikki: thats what McLaren need... a Number 2 for Lewis, but not so far back.
i agree. Rosberg is a very good prospect and possible world champion material. but his career could get ruined being the no.2 driver to lewis :pray: