It is currently 24 Jul 2017, 16:31

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 160  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Driver Line-ups, News and Misc
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 09:50  
F1 Routinier

I'm surprised that nobody has suggested Sato or Winkelhock for 2010 drives.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 09:56  
F1 Driver

Winkelhock??? He's been slumming it in DTM at the back of the field, he's nowhere near good enough for F1. Sato's name was mentioned at the start of the silly season, especially with STR. Disappointing really no one appears to be interestedin him, I'd like to see him back.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 10:04  

Winkelhock :lol:

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 10:14  
F1 Routinier

Sato would be a good candidate for USF1, he is fast, experienced and very marketable. The main reason I mentioned WInkelhock was because I rewatched the 2007 European GP the other day :zz:

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 11:35  
F1 Routinier

Peter Sauber announces new management structure
Spoiler:
Quote:
Peter Sauber has revealed his management structure for the 2010 season, which will see him reinstated as team principal.

Sauber bought his team back from BMW last year when the car manufacturer announced it was quitting Formula One. Since then he has recruited Kamui Kobayashi as a driver and has now named his management team.

Monisha Kaltenborn, who has been head of legal affairs since 1998, becomes managing director. Sauber's son, Alex, will take control of marketing operations, having worked in a similar role for Swiss football team Neue Grasshopper Fussball. Willy Rampf will retain his position as technical director, overseeing the engineering side of the team.

Urs Jampen returns to the post of finance director after 18 months away, while Jürg Flach joins the board of management as director of operations with overall responsibility for production.

"F1 is constantly changing," said Sauber. "This division of responsibilities not only meets the demands of the sport, but also freshens things up within the company. I will keep myself informed on all important developments, but will leave operational matters to the management in Hinwil."

Code:
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/6244.html

[mod]Posted previously, please check before. Thank you[/mod]
EDIT: :blush:

Last edited by cformula1 on 09 Jan 2010, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 12:07  
F1 Driver

Off topic:
Spoiler:
I just wanted to admit, that since I listened to that Johnny Walker interview Lewis ganed a fair amount of my sympathy.
I really like that interview. It´s authentic, outspoken, honest and you can create a good image of where he´s come from in your head.

This guy has a winner´s mentality and an enormous amount of pride eagerness and spirit in him.

He posseses that "I´ll take what I want" mentality, which is combined with ability and determination the key to becoming a winner in life, not just F1 but everywhere.

The fact that he´s so outspoken about it might come from his youth, where he experienced some hatred and jealousy by others and now that he´s made it he´s looking at them from above like "Didn´t you always talk about how great you are, and what now? You work as a car mechanic? Oh fine..I´m world champion and millionaire".

So many people talk about their plans and what they want to achieve in life when they´re young, but then get stuck in between and leave that path or simply lose their inspiration and settle for a "standard life" which they used to hate when they were young. In honesty it´s what most of us end up with one day.

That´s why I admire people with a winner´s mentality who seperate themselves from the rest by the fact that they never lose their determination and do their thing till the end.

Oh and phil: Do your thing mate, if sports journo is your dream then follow it. It´s tough to establish yourselve in that business, but the talent is there. Work hard and believe in yourself and with the right connections you´ll end up there someday.

off topi end :O

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 12:43  

Bernie might have been right about Campos :(

Quote:
A1GP boss Tony Teixeira has been linked with a deal to buy into the new Campos Grand Prix team, with the Spanish outfit considering options to bring in outside investors....

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80780

PS. Teixiera is a greedy bastard who destroyed A1GP

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 12:46  
F1 Legend

phil1993 wrote:
Bernie might have been right about Campos :(

Quote:
A1GP boss Tony Teixeira has been linked with a deal to buy into the new Campos Grand Prix team, with the Spanish outfit considering options to bring in outside investors....

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80780

PS. Teixiera is a greedy bastard who destroyed A1GP

Campos Meta 1 looks the most solid of all the new teams (The cars are to be built by Dallara and the engines by Cosworth).
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 12:56  

Lotus are the best, then Virgin, then Campos then USF1.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 13:34  

Quote:
Peter Windsor has said that Wurz, de La Rosa and Villeneuve are off the list of potential drivers for USF1.

Instead, the two drivers presently looking most likely to occupy the cockpits of USF1's Cosworth-powered challenger are Argentine touring car ace José María López and British star and former Honda young driver programme member James Rossiter, neither of whom have any great F1 pedigree but both of whom can bring sponsorship along with them, to the tune of a reputed $8 million in the case of the former.

Code:
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/155821/1/usf1_admit_rookie_pay-driver_duo_likely_for_f1_2010.html

That would leave us with 5 rookies for 2010 and one driver with just 2 previous starts.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 14:34  
F1 Routinier

Sorry for the bump but ...

Spoiler:
Winkelhock :lol:

Oh and I loled about this as well :

Equal status for Schumacher and Rosberg
Spoiler:
08 January 2010

Nico Rosberg has no doubts that he shares equal status with Michael Schumacher as the two drivers prepare to begin a new partnership this year. With the former moving from Williams - marking his first team switch since joining Formula 1 in 2006 - and 7-time World Champion Schumacher making a comeback after retiring at the end of the same season, Nico is filled with positivity.

Schumacher has openly admitted that he is targeting an eighth crown this season although Rosberg has no worries over being team-mate to his compatriot.

"We have the same status in the team," Nico, son of 1982 Champion Keke, told Germany's Auto Bild Motorsport magazine. "That's always been like that for Mercedes, that's their philosophy."

Rosberg does admit, however, that he will not settle for second place. "Your team-mate is always the first person with whom you have to measure yourself," he continued. "He is the only one who has the same car. Therefore, it is my goal to be frequently in front of him.

"He's had three years now to recharge his energy and he's totally enthusiastic - that's more important than anything else."
Code:
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-news/225765/equal-status-for-schumacher-and-rosberg/

Yeah, right ...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 15:39  
F1 Champion

Button plays down Hamilton advantage
Spoiler:
Jenson Button has downplayed the advantage McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton will have this year, but the world champion admits he will need some time to adapt to his new team.

Button took his first world title in 2009 with the Brawn GP team, but decided to move to McLaren to partner Hamilton from this year.

Although some believe Button will have a hard time with the team Hamilton has been linked to for over a decade, the Briton reckons his team-mate advantage will not to that big.

"I'm not going to say he (Hamilton) starts with a big advantage," Button told the Reuters news agency. "I will say that it is all new to me with this team.

"I've got to get to know a lot of people within the team and to know how they work and it's going to take a little bit of time."

He added: "For me, the important thing is that I'm confident in my ability and I think that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

"All I can say is that I'm excited about working with Lewis, because that is exactly what we are going to have to do to be competitive this year.

"Really it makes my life a lot easier because I'm in a much more relaxed position than people telling me that I was going to destroy my team-mate."

"I can just focus on doing the best job I can and getting the best out of myself and also getting the best out of the team. In a way, I don't think it's a negative thing."

Button acknowledged his motivation to retain his crown might not have been the same had he stayed at Brawn for another year.

"Maybe if I stayed where I was it would have been harder to get a second title. Maybe I wouldn't have been so motivated. But moving to where I am now I think it has really motivated me," he said.

"It is something that really excites me and something I am going to work really hard on achieving with the team this year.

"I am more motivated than ever to have a good season this year. I feel a lot more relaxed, a lot more confident in my ability and also the way that I work with the team."

And the Briton says he is really looking forward to fighting against seven-time champion Michael Schumacher this year.

"I think it is amazing for the sport," he added "I think having four world champions racing, and one of them who has achieved more than anyone else in the sport, is great.

"It's an unusual decision by Michael but he's obviously got his reasons... you've got to say fair play to [team boss] Ross [Brawn] for getting him on board. It's great having him back on the grid and I look forward to the challenge this year with him."

Code:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80771

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 18:09  

Alonso makes official Ferrari debut on Monday; new car designated 281

Quote:
Fernando Alonso is to make his first appearance in Ferrari colours on Monday afternoon, when he arrives at Ferrari's traditional winter ski event.

The 'Wroom' week at Madonna di Campiglio in Italy is an annual media event hosted jointly by Ferrari and Ducati via their shared sponsor Marlboro. It runs until Saturday 16 January, and will see Alonso presented to the press along with his 2010 Formula 1 team-mate Felipe Massa and Ducati's factory MotoGP duo Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden.

Alonso has already made his first appearance for Ferrari when he visited its World Finals meeting at Valencia last autumn, but as his Renault contract did not officially expire until the end of the calendar year, he was unable to wear Ferrari branding on that occasion. He also spent time at Ferrari's Maranello base before Christmas and began preparations for his first season with the team.

Ferrari's 2010 challenger - designated the 281 - will make its track debut at the first post-testing ban sessions at Valencia on 1 February as expected.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 19:38  
F1 Driver

The one who´s most interesting to me out of that quartet is Casey Stoner.

Amazing guy :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 09:27  
F1 Routinier

Buemi to drive F1 car on Montreal ice
Spoiler:
Date 2010-01-09
By Motorsport.com/GMM

Sebastien Buemi will next Sunday demonstrate the performance of a Formula One car on ice.

At the wheel of a Red Bull car, the Toro Rosso driver is scheduled to negotiate a special 4 kilometre layout on the frozen waters of the Olympic Basin, located at Parc Jean-Drapeau behind the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

The event is to celebrate the return of Formula One to the Canadian city of Montreal.

sounds cool !
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 160  Next