2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wolfie » 10 Apr 2010, 12:45

phil1993 wrote:Ferrari are paying Raikkonen yes
I've heard the opposite, that Santander pays both Alonso's and Raikkonen's salary. For Santander's income of billions 17 million euros is pocket money and that might be the reason why Alonso came in one year earlier, Ferrari is a business-company after all.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 10 Apr 2010, 12:47

brendakarli wrote:so massa is likely to stay put in ferrari bcos he is brazilian first and driver second?

I never liked massa in the past, but since his accident, it is clear the guy is determined to try and win a championship. He hasn't won a race yet but he's on top of the leader board becos he is the most consistent so far. So I feel if he doesn't convert every opportunity from now on to win his title this year, there would probably be little to no other opportunities to do so in the future.

Good luck massa!
So far Massa has exceeded all my expectations. Looks like he has also recovered mentally which is a good thing. Didn't Mika Häkkinen come back stronger than ever after his accident in Adelaide?

Good luck Massa!!!
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 10 Apr 2010, 18:42

Wolfie wrote: So far Massa has exceeded all my expectations. Looks like he has also recovered mentally which is a good thing. Didn't Mika Häkkinen come back stronger than ever after his accident in Adelaide?

Good luck Massa!!!
Yes, Mika did a great come back, but the accident took a little of his raw pace. I think that Mika changed from Senna style to Prost style. Not totally, but a little.
I miss a babysitter

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 11 Apr 2010, 07:16

Moominpappa wrote:
Wolfie wrote: So far Massa has exceeded all my expectations. Looks like he has also recovered mentally which is a good thing. Didn't Mika Häkkinen come back stronger than ever after his accident in Adelaide?

Good luck Massa!!!
Yes, Mika did a great come back, but the accident took a little of his raw pace. I think that Mika changed from Senna style to Prost style. Not totally, but a little.
You descripe it perfectly..I was wondering it how could it be said. :thumbsup:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 11 Apr 2010, 07:17

Wolfie wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Ferrari are paying Raikkonen yes
I've heard the opposite, that Santander pays both Alonso's and Raikkonen's salary. For Santander's income of billions 17 million euros is pocket money and that might be the reason why Alonso came in one year earlier, Ferrari is a business-company after all.
Wasnt there a news about Santander a while ago where they said they have gathered the money they paid for Räikkönen already from the markets?

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 11 Apr 2010, 10:38

Zack wrote:
amoljoshi wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:2010 Driver Salaries

Raikkonen...17m (Paid by Ferrari)

Source: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 14848.html
Thanks for the List Phil.

Raikkonen's salary Paid by Ferrari or santander ?
Ferrari( :<>: ) I guess.
i doubt kimi has that kind of emotion( :<>: ) for Ferrari ... with 17m ..all is well :lol:
Ferrari was different with Todt and Ross. I loved them totally at that time.

Now things have changed dramatically. Hence this :<>:

And I feel great that Kimi left Ferrari. So :thumbsup: to Kimi for that.

I think Kimi will be bloody quicker than ever if he returns or if he wants to return or if Haug finally realises that Kimi is the man for them. :n

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Apr 2010, 14:33

South Korean GP in trouble?

Rumours are that the South Korean GP is in danger of not being completed in time. FOCUS is reporting that an announcement regarding the cancellation will be made soon. Apparently Bernie Ecclestone visited the track after the GP of Malaysia, and they might not get it done until October

Code: Select all

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news/2010/04/Verzoegerungen_in_Suedkorea_2010_doch_kein_Rennen_10041105.html

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 Apr 2010, 15:12

They claim they have combined strong points from famous circuits such as Monaco, do they mean that it has a marina section? :zz:

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 11 Apr 2010, 15:40

iceman1 wrote:They claim they have combined strong points from famous circuits such as Monaco, do they mean that it has a marina section? :zz:
marina section+long straight of canada+hairpin of Germany= Tilkedrome :cool:

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 11 Apr 2010, 18:56

Won't be sad if it is cancelled. The track looks fairly average from the shots that we've seen so far.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 11 Apr 2010, 21:24

cformula1 wrote:Won't be sad if it is cancelled. The track looks fairly average from the shots that we've seen so far.
come on even if its boring it better to have a race than not to have one!

on another note adrian newey says that mercedes have heavly developed their engine during the engine freeze and asked the fia to let renault to do the same.
Mercedes worked "very heavily" on its V8 Formula One engine despite the rule protected development freeze.

That is the opinion of Adrian Newey, amid reports his Formula 1 employer Red Bull has asked the FIA to let its engine supplier Renault catch up with the sport's best engine.

"Mercedes developed very heavily through what was meant to be a frozen engine, whereas some of the others, Renault in particular, were very honest and said it's a frozen engine, it's cost cutting, we won't develop further," the designer of the RB6 car is quoted as saying by the Observer.

Newey added that it would be "perfect" if Renault is able to "bring the engine up to scratch".

But Red Bull cannot be overly critical of Mercedes' development efforts, because the Milton Keynes based team wanted to switch to the German supplier for 2010.

"We also looked at the Cosworth engine very carefully. In the end, Brawn and McLaren blocked us from having the Mercedes engine, but we became very satisfied with staying with Renault in any case," added Newey.
if they get some more performance from the engine they will be untouchable..

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 12 Apr 2010, 07:54

interesting, if adrian newey said that, would maclaren get into trouble for heavy tweaking for the last couple of engine freeze years?
The JINX

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 12 Apr 2010, 09:15

South Korea in trouble??? Can't Valencia/Catalunya/Bahrain/China be in trouble as well??? Seriously though its silly to be happy or sad about it, the track might be brilliant, we won't know till there's a race there.

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 12 Apr 2010, 12:22

shailf1 wrote:
cformula1 wrote:Won't be sad if it is cancelled. The track looks fairly average from the shots that we've seen so far.
come on even if its boring it better to have a race than not to have one!
True, but there is a possibility it may be replaced with another race.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 12 Apr 2010, 13:12

phil1993 wrote:South Korean GP in trouble?

Rumours are that the South Korean GP is in danger of not being completed in time. FOCUS is reporting that an announcement regarding the cancellation will be made soon. Apparently Bernie Ecclestone visited the track after the GP of Malaysia, and they might not get it done until October
the main reason of delays in the completion of the track there is because all of them are so busy playing mmorpg online games...... :lol: just kiddin......

the real reason is bad weather most likely, among other reasons beyond their control.