2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 28 Sep 2009, 14:45

McLaren: We could handle Raikkonen
Spoiler:
By Jonathan Noble Monday, September 28th 2009, 08:51 GMT

Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss Norbert Haug says McLaren has no qualms about slotting in Kimi Raikkonen alongside Lewis Hamilton next year - as it closes in on a deal with the Finnish driver.

With Ferrari in the final stages of completing moves that will end Raikkonen's Ferrari deal a year early, and open the way for Fernando Alonso to join the Maranello-outfit, sources have confirmed that the 2007 world champion and McLaren are keen to renew their partnership.

And although the signing of Raikkonen for 2010 would give McLaren one of the strongest driver line-ups on the grid, it could also leave it exposed to the problems it has faced in the past in managing two top-line drivers.

However, Haug thinks that McLaren will have no trouble in dealing with such a situation – and does not risk a repeat of the problems that marred the outfit when Hamilton was partnered with Fernando Alonso.

"Whatever you can do to get the best available drivers, that is what you have to do," said Haug. "It's a question of money, it's a question of capability, a question of the amount of talent. Managing two megastars, I don't think that honestly it was a problem.

"With Alonso there were some noises to the outside world, but in reality inside the team everybody did his job and in reality we should have won the world championship. But it was not due to not having team orders.

"You can imagine what would have happened in Fernando would not have blocked Lewis in Hungary, no penalty, one point more and you are there. This is how it goes sometimes. We won it by one point and we lost it by one point.

"I stress, I do not confirm that there is change. This is very important. But managing drivers ifs and whys is the name of the game and we are qualified to do so."

Although Raikkonen did not enjoy the best of relationships with former McLaren team principal Ron Dennis, Haug says that the team would relish the opportunity to have the Finn back.

"Reflecting on our co-operation which was five years, I think that it was positive," explained Haug. "We should have won at least two world championships. I have to say we missed one with two points in 2003 but I think an engine failure was one of the reasons, so without that he could have done it.

"In 2005 he could have done it, in fairness. The engines at that stage were not as good and reliable as they are now. To have Kimi in our team winning two world championships would certainly have been a fair outcome for him. I have a good relationship with him and I'm sure he would say the same."

Code: Select all

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79008

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2009, 17:45

[rumour] Kazuki Nakajima is going to replace Timo Glock at Toyota for 2010 [/rumour]

Smart move Toyota... replace the good driver and keep the c**p one... I hope this isn't true

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 28 Sep 2009, 18:09

[not rumour] kimi raikkonen to drive for vodafone mclaren mercedes next year [/not rumour]
:n

Cromoseta
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Cromoseta » 28 Sep 2009, 18:09

1.Toyota has a chance to sign Raikkonen and needs a No.2 like Nakajima
2.Toyota leaves.

But it looks like this now:

Brawn:
DiCaprio, Button
Red Bull:
Webber, Vettel
Ferrari:
Alonso,Massa
McLaren:
Hamilton,Kimi
Renault:
Kubica,Grosjean
Williams:
Rubinho,Hülkenberg

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 28 Sep 2009, 18:11

Lotus to test in February
Spoiler:
The 2010 Lotus car will be ready to test in February, Team Principal Tony Fernandes has confirmed. The legendary sporting name will return to Formula One for the first time since 1994 next season with Malaysian backing.

Funded by Tony Fernandes' Tune Group - the same company behind AirAsia, the 12th largest Airline in the world - the 1Malaysia project was allowed use of the Lotus name by Proton as the Malaysian national car manufacturer now owns rights to its usage.

With the 2010 season due to kick off in Bahrain in March, the car will have tested for the first time one month earlier ahead of a return to Kuala Lumpur's Sepang circuit for Round 3. The cars of the newly-formed squad will also be designed and manufactured at the circuit, which is to be site of the team's factory.

Code: Select all

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/09/28/lotus-to-test-in-february/
[fact]It'll be an exciting winter, with all these new teams[/fact]

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 28 Sep 2009, 18:13

2010 will be great year for formula 1

[cool] i like this stuff :lol: [/cool]

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2009, 18:14

"Kimi is only interested in McLaren, (apart from Ferrari). No other teams''

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 28 Sep 2009, 18:16

more in stuff!!! :cool:

Reports: Räikkönen to rejoin McLaren
28 September 2009
Reports in the British press on Monday are suggesting that Kimi Räikkönen hopes to rejoin the McLaren team alongside Lewis Hamilton next season. Rumours state that, subject to contractual issues, the Finn will switch back to silver from red in order to make way for Fernando Alonso's entrance to the Maranello team.

With many leading drivers still not confirmed with teams for 2010, the general belief is that Alonso, Champion of 2005 and 2006, may have already signed for Ferrari to race alongside Felipe Massa. However, with 2007 Champion Räikkönen still contracted to the outfit for another season, lawyers are believed to be organising an abandonment of the deal.

Furthermore, The Telegraph understands that Räikkönen will rejoin McLaren in order to replace compatriot Heikki Kovalainen; the line-up would be McLaren's first to include two World Champions since Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna in 1989.

Other word on the grapevine is that Nico Rosberg may have already signed for a move to Brawn to race alongside Jenson Button, providing that German engine manufacturer Mercedes buys into the Brackley team. Robert Kubica has long since been linked with a move from BMW to Renault to become the squad's first driver following Alonso's suspected exit.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2009, 18:26

Yeah, I think we will see on Thursday and Friday most of the 2010 seats secured and it will be

McLaren: L. Hamilton; K. Raikkonen
Ferrari: F. Massa, F. Alonso
Renault: R. Kubica, R. Grosjean
Toyota: God knows
STR: J. Alguersuari, S. Buemi
RBR: S. Vettel, M. Webber
Williams: N. Hulkenberg, R. Barrichello?
Force India: A. Sutil, V. Liuzzi
Brawn: J. Button, N. Rosberg
Then who knows about the new teams

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 28 Sep 2009, 18:30

rubinho? :( farewell maybe? :(

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 28 Sep 2009, 18:54

Toyota and Renault will be the last teams to announce their drivers I think... If Kovalainen leaves McLaren, he's out of a seat. So maybe renault can take him onboard again ? He did quite well in '07. And together with Kubica renault can form a good team !

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 28 Sep 2009, 20:50

megasyxx wrote:rubinho? :( farewell maybe? :(

I don't think so. I don't remember the team, but he has a possibility... maybe williams as some have said.
What I would like to know is when McLaren will have McLaren engines... did you hear that? :cool:

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 28 Sep 2009, 23:17

these are the rumours i have heard
Rosberg--> brawn
Barrichello-->Williams
Kubica-->renault
Alonso-->Ferrari
Kimi-->Mclaren
Button-->Money :naughty:

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 29 Sep 2009, 03:30

Seems like Toyota is ready to leave after this season...
Timo Glock was informed by his Toyota boss John Howett 24 hours before his solid second place in Singapore Sunday that the option on his contract for the 2010 season will not be picked up by the Japanese team.

The German publications Sport Bild as well as newspapers Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ) and Bild-Zeitung reported the information.

A spokesman for the Cologne based team also confirmed the news, but contradicted those publications that interpreted the move as Glock, 27, having been "fired".

Rather, he insisted that Toyota's partnership with Glock is not necessarily at an end, but that both sides had been given freedom to assess their options.

"The door is not closed," he added, also insisting that the news has nothing to do with the team's future.

But with Jarno Trulli's future also in the air, the news might be seen as yet more evidence that parent company Toyota Motor Co. intends to pull the plug at the end of the season.

Glock also confirmed the news about his expiring 2010 option. "Now I have to look around," he said, admitting that his podium had been "certainly timely".

Countryman Sebastian Vettel said he was shocked to hear that Toyota was not automatically renewing Glock's deal, but surmised that his Singapore podium had been "the right answer" to give.

Glock added: "I have several possibilities and I am very confident. Let's see what happens this week."

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Sep 2009, 08:00

F1 teams agreed that they will not be using KERS in 2010, although they want to leave open the possibility that there will be energy-recovery systems in F1 in the future, as these are useful for the automobile manufacturers, both in terms of technology and publicity.