2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations

Post by JoostLamers » 04 Nov 2009, 20:31

phil1993 wrote:I think we might go down the route of seeing teams coming and going quite regularly, like in the 70s and 80s and to a certain extent the early 90s
Which means the only certain teams will be McLaren and Ferrari, championships will go between them alone, if the situation will be like Phil says here..
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Coopz
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Coopz » 04 Nov 2009, 20:41

Pah, Williams should be right up there with The Hulk and Rubens! :D

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 04 Nov 2009, 22:42

well ... some1 is really upset .. http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 1027.shtml

Ferrari denounces 'war' against carmakers

Its the topic title on F1live and so interresting to read finaly some1 spoke.. a team that FIA defended for several years/seasons and backed them up , now the Ferrari team opened the war against FIA :thumbsup: we needed this to be said loudly before we lost many teams/manufacturers and not to forget tracks

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 04 Nov 2009, 23:00

Man, really hope that Renault stays in F1, think so though. They've already signed Kubica, so it's unlikely that they pull out now.

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 05 Nov 2009, 07:58

OFFICIAL: Renault to stay in Formula 1
http://www.renault-f1.fr/Jean-Francois- ... re-3eme-en

Translation:
Spoiler:
Interviewed by L'Equipe today, Jean-Francois Caubet confirms the presence of Renault in F1 for next season. He also announced the objectives of Renault for the future. In 2010, the objective will be 3rd place in the world championship. The CEO of Renault F1 Team also speaks of the future of Romain Grosjean and its subsidiary Renault Driver Development (RDD).

Jean-Francois Caubet announcement: Renault will be there in 2010. "We hired our driver, the budget is passed, it has registered for the championship in 2010. The 2010 season, is starting. Carlos Ghosn asks us to return to a good standard and, must restabilize Enstone and Viry.

"I think aiming for 3rd is a reasonable goal," he announces on the objectives for 2010. Unlike previous years with Flavio Briatore, the objective is not the title for Renault.

The team principle also comes on the recruitment of Robert Kubica. "This is Bernard (Rey) who signs and who gave us a delegation. With Robert, it was simple. We explained to him our goals, our organization and he was interested immediately. He knew there were some risks, but what are the teams who have no risk? . The profile of Robert Kubica was "Someone who can score".

Regarding the second driver for Renault in 2010, the choice seems difficult. Romain Grosjean did not convinced his team. "We're a little undecided, to be honest. The decision is difficult. We have invested financially in Romain, for three years. "

Jean-Francois Caubet also spoke of reducing costs, at Enstone. "We reduced our staff by 70 people in Enstone, in January and February 2009. It is down below the limit of 2010 goals by FOTA. This time, it was said to Bob (Bell): "Listen, if you want results, we give you the top people to fill the gap. So we will rehire some aero engineeers to to raise the bar.

The team principle of Renault F1 Team has the reason for the poor 2009 season: "Everybody made a mistake. We put such pressure on to lower costs that went too far. What happened is we have reduced staff on a voluntary basis. And there were many more volunteers than expected. So, we lost 70 people on a staff of 450. Then we plugged the holes with young ... And this is where we say that the experience is still something special. "
Tom Vandenhove will be extremely happy :)

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 05 Nov 2009, 08:05

cformula1 wrote:Tom Vandenhove will be extremely happy :)
:thumbsup:

Yes I am. Hope it's true tho. No official report on autosport yet

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 05 Nov 2009, 08:20

Tom Vandenhove wrote:
cformula1 wrote:Tom Vandenhove will be extremely happy :)
:thumbsup:

Yes I am. Hope it's true tho. No official report on autosport yet
I hope it's true too. The more F1 teams the better.

On a different note, I think this what the liveries might be for the teams next year:

Ferrari- Red, with Santander logos
McLaren- Same as this year
Williams- Blue with white logos
Renault- Classic yellow and black livery
Red Bull- Same as this year
Toro Rosso- Same as this year
Brawn- White with black logos
Force India- Same as this year
Lotus- Black with Gold logos
Manor- Yellow with black logos
Campos- Orange with white logos
Qadbak- White with blue logos
USF1- Without YouTube: 'Stars and stripes'
With YouTube: Either white/black with YouTube logo or red with "This livery has been removed due to a copyright claim by Formula One Management" in black.

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 05 Nov 2009, 09:44

cformula1 wrote: With YouTube: Either white/black with YouTube logo or red with "This livery has been removed due to a copyright claim by Formula One Management" in black.
:lol:

Good news indeed, also I hope that Renault can push their way back to the front of the grid to at least finish regularly on the podium once again!

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 05 Nov 2009, 12:00

MavF1 wrote:
cformula1 wrote: With YouTube: Either white/black with YouTube logo or red with "This livery has been removed due to a copyright claim by Formula One Management" in black.

Good news indeed, also I hope that Renault can push their way back to the front of the grid to at least finish regularly on the podium once again!
Strange ... i can't imagine YouTube advertising on F1 car :lol: Since it was born it has never made profit or recover the investment i.e. only LOSS :p
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 05 Nov 2009, 12:03

Zack wrote:
MavF1 wrote:

Strange ... i can't imagine YouTube advertising on F1 car :lol: Since it was born it has never made profit or recover the investment i.e. only LOSS :p
Neither can I, but one of the YouTube creators says he will sponsor them..............

YouTube will be dead in 2 years anyway, IMO, there are lots of (better) alternatives for uploading videos anyway.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Nov 2009, 14:58

Brawn Mercedes livery will probably be silver due to the stake Mercedes are going to take in the team

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Nov 2009, 15:25

Renault have confirmed they will stay in F1

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 05 Nov 2009, 15:26

phil1993 wrote:Renault have confirmed they will stay in F1
:blink:

"You will have to be patient," Ghosn was quoted as saying by the Reuters news agency as telling reporters in Paris.

"We will make an announcement on our participation in Formula 1 before the end of the year."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80031
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Nov 2009, 15:30

“We will not be world champions in 2010, but we do have hopes to be much improved,” said Renault's F1 managing director Jean-Francois Caubet following the Wednesday meeting of the Renault board.

“We have already contracted our drivers, had our budget approved and are enrolled in the world championship. Season 2010 has begun already,” added the Renault official, who added that the company's CEO Carlos Ghosn expects a midfield-to-top performance from the Enstone based organization next year.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 05 Nov 2009, 15:37

Dunno where this managing director is at, his CEO (i.e. his boss) has not confirmed anything. Very surprised they've not pulled out yet, this looks to me like delaying the inevitable.