2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phil1993

2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Post by phil1993 » 18 May 2009, 20:43

McLaren
1. Jenson Button
2. Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes
3. Nico Rosberg
4. Michael Schumacher

Red Bull:
5. Sebastian Vettel
6. Mark Webber

Ferrari:
7. Felipe Massa
8. Fernando Alonso

Williams
9. Rubens Barrichello
10. Nico Hulkenberg

Renault
11. Robert Kubica
12. Vitaly Petrov

Force India
14. Adrian Sutil
15. Vitantonio Liuzzi

Toro Rosso
16. Sebastien Buemi
17. Jaime Alguersuari

Lotus
18. Jarno Trulli
19. Heikki Kovalainen

Hispania Racing
20. Karun Chandhok
21. Bruno Senna

Sauber
22. Pedro de La Rosa
23. Kamui Kobayashi

Virgin Racing
24. Timo Glock
25. Lucas di Grassi

Grand Prix Starts
Rubens Barrichello - 284
Michael Schumacher - 249
Jarno Trulli - 216
Jenson Button - 170
Fernando Alonso - 139
Mark Webber - 138
Felipe Massa - 114
Pedro de La Rosa - 72
Nico Rosberg - 70
Robert Kubica - 57
Lewis Hamilton - 52
Adrian Sutil - 52
Heikki Kovalainen - 52
Vitantonio Liuzzi - 44
Sebastian Vettel - 43
Timo Glock - 36
Sebastien Buemi - 17
Jaime Alguersuari - 8
Kamui Kobayashi - 2
Nico Hulkenberg - 0
Vitaly Petrov - 0
Bruno Senna - 0
Jose Maria Lopez - 0
Lucas di Grassi - 0

Returning and new drivers (Last race/2009 honours):

Michael Schumacher (Brazil 2006)
Felipe Massa (Germany 2009)
Timo Glock (Singapore 2009)
Pedro de La Rosa (Brazil 2006)

Nico Hulkenberg (GP2 Champion)
Vitaly Petrov (GP2 Runner-up)
Bruno Senna (Le Mans Series (2008 GP2 Runner-up))
Karun Chandhok
Lucas di Grassi (GP2: 3rd)
Last edited by iceman1 on 16 Nov 2010, 16:41, edited 17 times in total.
Reason: Drivers updated

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2010 Silly Season

Post by JoostLamers » 20 May 2009, 07:58

Spoiler:
Williams Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg has no intention to leave the Grove based team at the end of this season. Rosberg five points so far this season, while team-mate Kazuki Nakajima has yet to score its first point of the season.

The 23-year-old Rosberg was already linked with other F1 teams last season, but was more than happy to stay with the team he joined as a race driver in 2006. "At the moment I am more than happy to stay with Williams really," Rosberg was quoted by Motorsport Aktuell. "If the team is able to give me a car such as the current FW31, or maybe even a bit better, I would be more than happy to stay with the team for another season."

Code: Select all

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/05/20/rosberg-happy-to-stay-at-williams/
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

impatientinventor
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by impatientinventor » 20 May 2009, 08:38

Forget about the drivers... what about 7 new teams, 9 old ones gone and Bernie pocketing 1/2 a billion dollars in TV rights money?

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 20 May 2009, 14:41

impatientinventor wrote:Forget about the drivers... what about 7 new teams, 9 old ones gone and Bernie pocketing 1/2 a billion dollars in TV rights money?
There's another topic for that :O

http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4391&start=0

Here you can discuss who will drive those new cars :thumbsup:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 20 May 2009, 20:13

Raikkonen rejects latest Alonso rumours
Spoiler:
Kimi Raikkonen has moved to downplay the latest round of speculation about his Ferrari seat.

At a sponsor event this week, Fernando Alonso made no secret of his desire to one day race for the famous Italian team.

At the same event, the Santander chief Emilio Botin again openly hinted about his Ferrari sponsorship deal for 2010, adding that the icing on the cake would be to sit ‘the world's best driver’ in the red car.

He then suggested coyly that there may be a vacancy for 2010, despite both of Ferrari's current drivers also having contracts that include next year.

"I don't know why there are always rumours about this. I have a contract for next year. For sure, I will be here," Raikkonen is quoted as saying by Germany's Auto Bild.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090520161256.shtml

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 22 May 2009, 12:57

PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO LET CARROLL OR JANI OR ANYONE ELSE (EXCEPT IDE) DO THIS JOB!!!!!
Former world champion Jacques Villeneuve says he is keen to get back racing soon - as he admits he would be open to offers from Formula 1 teams.

The French-Canadian has had little joy in trying to make a breakthrough in NASCAR and, making an appearance at this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix, he made it clear he wants to get back in the cockpit soon.

"I'm looking at getting back into racing," Villeneuve told AUTOSPORT.

There had been rumours in recent weeks that Villeneuve was looking at an F1 comeback. And, although he has not made any serious bid to secure a seat, he says he would be open to any opportunities that came up.

"It's not something I've worked on actively," he explained. "Looking at the cars now and the championship it would be fun, but I have been much more active working on NASCAR.

"I live in Canada, but when you see the F1 cars with slicks and no refuelling next year it is everything I've asked for over the years, so there is a little moment where you think – wouldn't it be great, but that is it.

"If there was an opportunity I would not spit on it, the cars are everything I wanted them to be to drive, so it would be fun, and honestly it is a little bit boring right now – nobody says anything apart from the political aspect, so it looks like it could be fun.

"I was talking with [former race engineer] Jock [Clear] and his comments were that the cars would suit me. So if there was an opportunity it would be a lot easier to say yes than no, purely because I love driving, I love racing and these are amazing cars."

When asked for his feelings about Brawn GP's success this year, with the team's roots traced back to the British American Racing outfit that Villeneuve helped set up, he said: "There is a part of me that is very happy because I built that team up.

"There is a little bit of pride there, and it shows that it wasn't a bad project in the long run. But there is a little bit

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 22 May 2009, 13:39

phil1993 wrote:PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO LET CARROLL OR JANI OR ANYONE ELSE (EXCEPT IDE) DO THIS JOB!!!!!
Former world champion Jacques Villeneuve says he is keen to get back racing soon - as he admits he would be open to offers from Formula 1 teams.

The French-Canadian has had little joy in trying to make a breakthrough in NASCAR and, making an appearance at this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix, he made it clear he wants to get back in the cockpit soon.

"I'm looking at getting back into racing," Villeneuve told AUTOSPORT.

There had been rumours in recent weeks that Villeneuve was looking at an F1 comeback. And, although he has not made any serious bid to secure a seat, he says he would be open to any opportunities that came up.

"It's not something I've worked on actively," he explained. "Looking at the cars now and the championship it would be fun, but I have been much more active working on NASCAR.

"I live in Canada, but when you see the F1 cars with slicks and no refuelling next year it is everything I've asked for over the years, so there is a little moment where you think – wouldn't it be great, but that is it.

"If there was an opportunity I would not spit on it, the cars are everything I wanted them to be to drive, so it would be fun, and honestly it is a little bit boring right now – nobody says anything apart from the political aspect, so it looks like it could be fun.

"I was talking with [former race engineer] Jock [Clear] and his comments were that the cars would suit me. So if there was an opportunity it would be a lot easier to say yes than no, purely because I love driving, I love racing and these are amazing cars."

When asked for his feelings about Brawn GP's success this year, with the team's roots traced back to the British American Racing outfit that Villeneuve helped set up, he said: "There is a part of me that is very happy because I built that team up.

"There is a little bit of pride there, and it shows that it wasn't a bad project in the long run. But there is a little bit

There you go, he has already signed a contract in Monaco :zz:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 May 2009, 17:59

Dutch commentator Olav Mol says J.R. Hildebrand is in pole-position for a race seat at USF1

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 26 May 2009, 10:47

Haug admits interest in Rosberg
Spoiler:
May 25 (GMM) Norbert Haug, Mercedes-Benz's F1 boss, has admitted interest in seeing his German countryman Nico Rosberg at the wheel of a McLaren.

Rosberg, 23, is out of contract at Williams at the end of the season, and - while happy with the Grove team's progress this year - is openly assessing his options for 2010.

With Lewis Hamilton the darling of the works team and under long-term contract, the seat in question is the one currently occupied by Finn Heikki Kovalainen, who joined McLaren last year to replace Fernando Alonso.

At the same time at the end of 2007, McLaren pushed to hire Rosberg but found the German securely under contract.

"We had to respect it," Haug told spox.com in Monaco. "How things develop, we cannot discuss in public, but we have known Nico long enough and he is a man on the list.

"It is clear that he is on many teams' lists," the German added.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/article/1243326055/formula_one/F1gossip/Haug-admits-interest-in-Rosberg/view.html

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 26 May 2009, 19:19

Brawn wants to keep Button for 2010
Spoiler:
Jenson Button is about to extend his contract with the Brawn GP team following his sensational start of the 2009 Formula 1 season. The Briton leads the F1 championship with 51 points ahead of team-mate Rubens Barrichello.

Button won five out of six races this season and comfortably leads the championship table. According to Brawn GP CEO Nick Fry both the team and Button is keen to continue with each other. "Jenson's been with us a long time, and we've had failures and we've had successes. My objective, and our objective, is to have him for the rest of his career, and nothing's changed on that front," Fry was quoted by PA. "It's mutual that he would like to stay with the team, and after five race wins, we should be able to get something together."

Fry does realise though that Button's salary will go up when he wins Formula 1 world championship for the team. "I'm sure he and his manager are sitting there thinking his price is going up the whole time," Fry said. "But maybe the sponsorship for the team is going up too, so maybe we can afford it."

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/05/26/brawn-gp-and-button-keen-to-sign-new-deal/

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 27 May 2009, 16:47

Nick could leave the team at the end of this season http://f1zone.net/f1news.php (Ferrari confident podium shows return to form)

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 27 May 2009, 17:07

F1 could return to Indy as Tony George has been ousted as IMS CEO after 20 years

Liffonmelsmork
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Liffonmelsmork » 27 May 2009, 20:58

joostlamers wrote:

There you go, he has already signed a contract in Monaco :zz:

To a guy in a Ferrari shirt! :p

coup
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by coup » 28 May 2009, 13:58

phil1993 wrote:F1 could return to Indy as Tony George has been ousted as IMS CEO after 20 years
autosport says those rumours are false: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75651

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 May 2009, 15:59

Google in F1?
The famous internet brand Google could soon be seen on the painted carbon bodywork of a Formula One car.

The company's co-founder Larry Page, one of the world's richest billionaires, was a guest of McLaren title sponsor Vodafone at last weekend's Monaco Grand Prix.

Interestingly, the 36-year-old American is a friend of Sir Richard Branson, the British billionaire who has been considering ramping up his Virgin backing of the dominant Brawn team.

Page was married on Branson's own Caribbean island, and the pair have also been linked in various business ventures.

Brawn is not the only team interested in Google sponsorship, however; every major outfit on the grid is believed to have put out the feelers as to how serious Page's interest is.