When was F1's Golden Era?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: When was F1's Golden Era?

Post by MP4/4#12 » 10 Oct 2009, 22:36

Great video, i think it`s Dumfries in 1986, but i`m not sure. blizzard, enjoy a lap with a pole specialized driver, this one`s dedicated to Martin Donnelly.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK6RZdb-Ooo[/youtube]

Or this one with Patrese at Spa; look at the rails on the left at Eau Rouge....scary

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT5GrUNDah0[/youtube]

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 11 Oct 2009, 14:22

wow impressive, why is Senna´s engine always screaming when he´s shifting? intermediate throttle application?

The Patrese lap is awesome, eau rouge was really a monster back in those days and I wouldn´t have thought that they could take blanchimont full throttle back then.

Those were the times my friend! :)

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 12 Oct 2009, 13:25

blizzard wrote:wow impressive, why is Senna´s engine always screaming when he´s shifting? intermediate throttle application?

Heel /toes technique while downshifting :O !

The Patrese lap is awesome, eau rouge was really a monster back in those days and I wouldn´t have thought that they could take blanchimont full throttle back then.

Those were the times my friend! :)
Yes it is; yes it was but i don`t think it`s changed, is it ? Apart those dangerous rails (Zanardi `93 :blink: ) the corner wasn`t modified, or was it ?; Not everyone did full throttle, it depended on how good the car was, i guess (or driver ballz). - F1zone doesn`t allow me to writte "ball plural" :blink: :lol:

Everytime i`ll see a good one i`ll post it here :)

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 15 Oct 2009, 09:21

I am boring to see all these F1 fans who says "it was better 20 years ago".

Now we have also great onboard with great driver, ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p2ACbYK ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4kZ-l4N ... re=related
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 15 Oct 2009, 15:14

Totopupu wrote:I am boring to see all these F1 fans who says "it was better 20 years ago".

Now we have also great onboard with great driver, ...

They´re just playing a videogame in those videos you posted. With traction control, tarmac runoff areas and so on.

F1 in the 70´s, 80´s and 90´s was just something else!

If you like todays F1 more that´s fine, but we (Mp4/4#12 and me) don´t. Just accept that.
cheers :O

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 15 Oct 2009, 18:46

Totopupu wrote:I am boring to see all these F1 fans who says "it was better 20 years ago".

It`s our opinion about it, it`s in your total right to disagree with it, but this is the "small corner" where we can`t talk about "old days" at F1zone, if you are bored why don`t you go to F1 2009 section ?

Now we have also great onboard with great driver, ... Yes we do, no one said we didn`t, we just like to ear loud engines, big grippy slick tyres and manual shifting just to say some examples.

Totopupu wrote:A videogame? So, how you explain that a driver like Bourdais (4 times champcar champion) was "bad" on F1?
why Sebastien Loeb says F1 is very very hard to drive?
when have you try a F1 car (because you say modern F1 is like a videogame)?

???
When you said once the S.marino podium from `94 was fake ( You wrote FAKE) i realised that or you`re too young or too........, but after this question to blizzard i`m not sure what to think really !

F1 cars are not easy, never were, a modern car is faster mostly due to tech. gizmos, it`s easier to a rookie to get in the car for the 1st time and do a very decent lap time, how many young drivers there are that did this ? A lot of them. Back then, this only happened with phenomenal drivers like Gilles, Ayrton, Prost, Piquet, Schumacher and so on because these guys had the ability to do it....instantly. Cars were dificult, Turbos were evil machines, tracks were dangerous and the reliability sucked meaning you could have a serious accident suddenly.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 15 Oct 2009, 21:35

Totopupu wrote:Why F1 drivers are younger?

Because their carrier started earlier and they are very professional. I remember that Ron Dennis talked to Hamilton when he was 11 or 12.
And, new drivers also use simulator.

So there`s one reason for blizzard saying "videogame". Mate, i don`t want to start a (stupid) war with you about what is the best, cause in the end of arguing pages you would still prefer today`s standarts, and i won`t change my mind either, so......i think we`re done :)

And when I said Imola podium on 94 was a fake, I was talking about a fake vid on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pihhu5H-X9I) realized by a jealous f**k**g person.
Ok, to finish this OT, let me clarify something: You are talking about edited videos, you posted 3 of them. On the other hand i saw that race live, i was 17 years old at the time ok ? So, the 3 videos you have posted, there`s no fake or real. Why ? Because they are all from that day, all images are from that day, and because you insist on this i bothered to watch the one you name "FAKE" very closely, at 34 seconds you can read behind Schumi "SAN MARINO GP" and below it`s "1994". Check it for yourself.

I don`t care if Schumi was a "f"""g person" that day, it was a long time ago but at the time it was the main reason i never liked him. But neither should you care, old stories that won`t bring us anything new, except to you.

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 15 Oct 2009, 22:21

Ok, to finish this OT, let me clarify something: You are talking about edited videos, you posted 3 of them. On the other hand i saw that race live, i was 17 years old at the time ok ? So, the 3 videos you have posted, there`s no fake or real. Why ? Because they are all from that day, all images are from that day, and because you insist on this i bothered to watch the one you name "FAKE" very closely, at 34 seconds you can read behind Schumi "SAN MARINO GP" and below it`s "1994". Check it for yourself.

I don`t care if Schumi was a "f"""g person" that day, it was a long time ago but at the time it was the main reason i never liked him. But neither should you care, old stories that won`t bring us anything new, except to you.
OK.

To finish this discussion, I hope that you dont like larini also because he celebrate his 2nd place
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 16 Oct 2009, 10:19

Hey we had such a nice discussion here around F1 enthusiasts, exchanging opinions and videos about the older days.

It was one of the best threads in this forum.

Sadly you had to turn this into a pointless off topic discussion with many accusations Totopupu, why?

We don´t want no trouble, we´re just enjoying traditional F1 in this thread. If you don´t like it then you don´t need to post in this thread, there are many other threads in this forum, about Kimi, Hamilton, Button etc. :O

cheers

djf1
car driver
car driver

Post by djf1 » 24 Oct 2009, 06:20

blizzard wrote:Hey we had such a nice discussion here around F1 enthusiasts, exchanging opinions and videos about the older days.

It was one of the best threads in this forum.

Sadly you had to turn this into a pointless off topic discussion with many accusations Totopupu, why?

We don´t want no trouble, we´re just enjoying traditional F1 in this thread. If you don´t like it then you don´t need to post in this thread, there are many other threads in this forum, about Kimi, Hamilton, Button etc. :O

cheers
Well said! :shhh:

Here is another one of my favs! :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SmrV-FFC1w[/youtube]

djf1
car driver
car driver

Post by djf1 » 24 Oct 2009, 07:02

check out the wheelspin on the upshifts!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDYA7gHBhiQ[/youtube]

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 10 Nov 2009, 22:05

Just found this. Blizzard, could you translate ? Thx :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNXVKw8kowk[/youtube]

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 10 Nov 2009, 23:25

Hehe thx for the uploads djf1.
Gilles was crazy, wasn´t he? :p

The car control was amazing. Didn´t he finish that race on the podium?

And Filipe, here you go mate:

The reporter aks Michael why he starts for Luxembourg.

Michael replys: "Because in Germany we have to take part in qualification runs, which cost money and if we drop out, we´re not qualified for the world championships. And in Luxembourg we´re the only starters, it doesn´t cost money and we´re qualified."

Reporter: " Ah ok, that´s the more comfortable way then, especially from a financial point of view. But I think we have to talk about one thing in particular, you´re driving for many years now in Luxembourg for Luxembourg, because for a long period of time you had to be at least 14 years of age to be allowed to race karts in Germany, but only 10 years in Luxembourg. Is that correct?"

Michael: "Yup"

Reporter: "Who gave you that advice?"

Michael: "It came by my sponsor"

As you might know, his family came from a working class background. They didn´t have much money and the father got very angry when a part failed and always blamed his sons for breaking it :)
An open secrect is that in the evening Michael collected the worn tyres others put on the junk yard and raced them the following day, because he had no money for tyres until sponsors discovered him.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 13 Nov 2009, 09:32

blizzard wrote:Hehe thx for the uploads djf1.
Gilles was crazy, wasn´t he? :p

The car control was amazing. Didn´t he finish that race on the podium?

Indeed ! Yeah, 3rd place. His mechs. cheered him as if he had won it.

And Filipe, here you go mate:

The reporter aks Michael why he starts for Luxembourg.

Michael replys: "Because in Germany we have to take part in qualification runs, which cost money and if we drop out, we´re not qualified for the world championships. And in Luxembourg we´re the only starters, it doesn´t cost money and we´re qualified."

Reporter: " Ah ok, that´s the more comfortable way then, especially from a financial point of view. But I think we have to talk about one thing in particular, you´re driving for many years now in Luxembourg for Luxembourg, because for a long period of time you had to be at least 14 years of age to be allowed to race karts in Germany, but only 10 years in Luxembourg. Is that correct?"

Michael: "Yup"

Reporter: "Who gave you that advice?"

Michael: "It came by my sponsor"

As you might know, his family came from a working class background. They didn´t have much money and the father got very angry when a part failed and always blamed his sons for breaking it :)
An open secrect is that in the evening Michael collected the worn tyres others put on the junk yard and raced them the following day, because he had no money for tyres until sponsors discovered him.
Thx for translating. Yeah, i knew his family has humble origins but didn`t realise it was that bad....only values more what he achieved on his life.

beatlellica
kart driver
kart driver

Post by beatlellica » 06 Mar 2010, 03:42

1982-1995