It is currently 24 Aug 2017, 03:11

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2009 F1 championship effectively decided already?
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 07:28  
F1 Rookie

MikaOwns wrote:
Flag:##

after the trial in Paris...

It's going to be brawn in the constructors and button for wdc

am i rite :n
Flag:##

Where will Red Bull go??

Post subject: Re: Lie-Gate - McLaren to receive another penalty?
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 07:50  
F1 Driver

Here is an interesting development:

Daimler, the parent company of Mercedes Benz announced a £1.1 billion loss
Quote:
Daimler, the parent company of Mercedes Benz has today announced a £1.1 billion loss for the first quarter of 2009. Last year in the same period it made a profit of £1 billion.

This frightening result is partly as a result of writing off a large sum from its failed investment in Chrysler. But it is also because sales are down 34% and the outlook for the rest of the year is bleak.

And the scary bit from the point of view of the company’s involvement in F1 is that it is now committed to slashing costs. “We want to limit our cashflow to the absolute minimum,” said chief financial officer Bodo Uebber.

According to the Financial Times, Daimler has set a target of slashing £3.6 billion this year alone. Workers’ hours and pay are being cut back.

There have been noises coming out of Germany in the last few days questioning Mercedes’ involvement in F1 and suggesting that if the FIA were to punish the team heavily tomorrow at the FIA world council hearing, they might follow Honda and quit the sport.

Whatever some people might say about Max Mosley wanting the manufacturers to leave the sport, it would be foolhardy at a time like this for F1 to seek to lose any team or major supporter.

The feeling is that McLaren has been seen to have done enough to satisfy the FIA that it has reacted to the events of Melbourne and of the Ferrari dossier case 18 months ago and made real, deep and long lasting change to the way it goes about its business. It has changed its governance, replaced the chairman, issued an apology from the driver, Lewis Hamilton and written a letter pleading guilty to all the charges.

A loss of 30 points or a possible suspended two race ban seem the likely outcome tomorrow.
Code:
http://allenonf1.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/bad-news-from-mercedes-ahead-of-crucial-day/

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 11:10  
F1 Driver

When can we expect the decision?

5-6 pm ?

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 11:17  
Donator

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9281.html
Suspended three race ban for McLaren
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Lie-Gate - McLaren handed 3-race suspended penalty - Updated
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 11:17  
F1 Driver

McLaren handed 3-race suspended ban
Quote:
McLaren has been given a suspended three-race ban for bringing the sport into disrepute after lying to stewards at the Australian and Malaysian Grands Prix.

Following a hearing of the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on Wednesday, the governing body announced that since McLaren had admitted to the offences and made clear that there had been a change of 'culture' at the team, it has suspended the sentence that it deemed appropriate.

A statement issued by the FIA said: "Having regard to the open and honest way in which McLaren Team Principal, Mr Martin Whitmarsh, addressed the WMSC and the change in culture which he made clear has taken place in his organisation, the WMSC decided to suspend the application of the penalty it deems appropriate.

"That penalty is a suspension of the team from three races of the FIA Formula One World Championship. This will only be applied if further facts emerge regarding the case or if, in the next 12 months, there is a further breach by the team of article 151c of the International Sporting Code."

McLaren had been called before the WMSC to answer charges relating to former sporting director Dave Ryan and Lewis Hamilton lying to stewards about whether an order had been given to let Jarno Trulli overtake the world champion at the Australian Grand Prix.

The team was only found to have lied when radio transmissions, and copies of interviews Hamilton had given to the press immediately after the hearing came to light.

In the wake of the events, McLaren sacked Ryan and team principal Whitmarsh wrote a letter of apology to the governing body. Furthermore, former team boss Ron Dennis announced that he was stepping away totally from the F1 team in a move not unconnected to the matter - despite claims from Dennis otherwise.

Whitmarsh chose to appear at the FIA hearing in Paris alone, staying for less than an hour to apologise for all that had happened.

Speaking to reporters on the steps of the FIA building, Whitmarsh said: "We've made mistakes, we've apologised to the FIA and the public. We await the decision."

When asked if he hoped today's events would mark the end of the affair, he said: "I very much hope so."
Code:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74937

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 11:24  

In other words they got nothing :zz:

Last time there was a suspended ban of 2 seasons but despite of new facts emerging about the spy saga, they never applied the penalty.

So the big teams can do whatever they want it seems... :confused:

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 11:28  
F1 Driver

In other other words, they got away with it. Breach and apologise. Breach and apoligise. Somebody said "change in culture"?

That decision brings the sport into disrepute as much as McLaren's lie. I didn't like it.

Post subject: Re: Lie-Gate - McLaren handed 3-race suspended penalty - Updated
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 11:55  
Co-Admin

Much expected! Fia :rofl:

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 12:31  
F1 Driver

The story about Mercedes possibly withdrawing scared the FIA, that's probably why we got the verdict we've seen today. McLaren are very lucky, Whitmarsh mus be massively relieved.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 13:11  
F1 Champion

The man who was responsible (D. Ryan) has already been punished, so this is a fair penalty! I'm so delighted that they won;t miss Monaco :D . A lot of F1 celebrities, for instance Schumi, (except Trull :<>: )were completely right: "Leave McLaren alone!" And they did, this is good :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 13:23  
F1 Driver

F**k the FIA

enough said.

Last edited by Ali on 29 Apr 2009, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
No swearing please.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 14:40  
F1 Driver

swca92 wrote:
The story about Mercedes possibly withdrawing scared the FIA, that's probably why we got the verdict we've seen today. McLaren are very lucky, Whitmarsh mus be massively relieved.

exactly. the FIA would've been shocked and scared about them threatening to leave.
glad its suspended though, i was a bit concerned. but i hope mclaren have learnt their lesson now, if they step even a toe out of line they'll definately face the consequences. i fear they won't be as lucky next time. (hope there isnt a next time, like :lol: )

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 14:40  
F1 Routinier

good thing.......'coz they'll win in spain and monaco!!! :lol: (just bluffing) :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 14:50  
car driver

let's say that i start making posts to humiliate the moderators and they start putting warnings on me

if i appologise and prete.. oops i mean declare and show that i now have a different culture, i am a different man, (again) (oops that one was accidental) will i escape the ban?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 14:51  
F1 Driver

joostlamers wrote:
The man who was responsible (D. Ryan) has already been punished, so this is a fair penalty! I'm so delighted that they won;t miss Monaco :D . A lot of F1 celebrities, for instance Schumi, (except Trull :<>: )were completely right: "Leave McLaren alone!" And they did, this is good :thumbsup:

You are responsible as a team for the members of your team. Dave Ryan hasn't been punished in a sporting manner, so McLaren needed to be. I think they got off lightly.

As for Trulli, I think he had a right to want venageance. If someone dived in a football game, and it caused a penalty, and the sanctioning body didn't find out until afterwards, I'd want them suspended.

Macca got off quite lightly tbh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next