£40m Budget Cap and Controversies

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: £40m Budget Cap and Controversies

Post by JoostLamers » 09 Jun 2009, 08:06

Exclusion might not be temporary - Williams
Spoiler:
Sir Frank Williams on Sunday firmly nailed his colours to the FIA, backtracking on claims his team has been merely suspended temporarily from the F1 teams' alliance FOTA.

Force India, having also broken ranks and unconditionally signed up to contest the 2010 world championship, is believed to have been similarly expelled from the body, as a five-day countdown to June 12 commences.

On Friday, the FIA will announce next year's entry list, and many see the events leading up to the Turkish Grand Prix as the declaration of total war.

After a drivers' meeting - not including the Williams and Force India pilots with FOTA on Sunday - Jarno Trulli was nominated spokesman and warned: "In the next week, something should budge.

"If not, there will be a split," the Toyota driver said, as rumours swirled that the FOTA teams had threatened a race boycott.

Awkwardly for Williams, Toyota is the Grove team's engine supplier, and Sir Frank Williams said he wants to keep the contract running rather than switch to what is effectively Cosworth's 2006-spec unit.

But he confirmed that Toyota and Williams are now on opposite sides of the civil war.

"We're out," said Williams, referring to his team's split with FOTA. "They said 'you're expelled' actually. If you're expelled from school, you don't tend to go back do you?

"If there were two (series), we would go with the FIA, full stop."

But Williams does not believe the breakaway threats are serious, "otherwise they would be rampaging around the paddock saying 'come and join our new thing'" he said.

As evening fell in Turkey, it was clear the trek across the Bosphorus had not resolved the dispute for now.

It had been rumoured that a letter to the teams from Max Mosley was in the works, but Toyota and FOTA's John Howett revealed: "We have heard nothing yet."

Code: Select all

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=331390
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Jun 2009, 16:07

Autosport analysis on Budget cap
Spoiler:
It's no exaggeration that Formula 1 faces its most crucial week since the days of the FISA/FOCA war in 1980-81.

On Friday the FIA will publish a list of entrants for the 2010 FIA Formula 1 World Championship. Quite what it will contain is anyone's guess.

As things stand there is every chance that some manufacturer teams will be forced out. The teams have banded together (FOTA) to present a united front against the governing body. They are reeling against a regulation rewrite which effectively permits the FIA to introduce whatever rules it pleases without consultation with F1's technical and sporting working groups or the F1 Commission.
The latest FOTA meeting at the Turkish GP © LAT

The teams are against the FIA's £40 million budget cap (excluding driver salaries, engines and marketing) due for 2010. What they want instead is a 'glide path' of steadily reduced cost, achieved via technical proposals recommended by them.

The teams don't like either that a dozen or so years ago they made Bernie Ecclestone properly rich and that now they are doing it for another company, CVC.

The position is strikingly similar to three decades ago. Back then, the teams, led by Max and Bernie, had a problem with a dictatorial Frenchman who ran the governing body (FISA), Jean-Marie Balestre. With turbo engines appearing in 1977, FISA came up with an equivalence formula (1.5-litre turbo versus three litre normally aspirated) which was proving overly skewed towards the manufacturer teams running turbos (principally Renault at the time).

The grubby British 'garagistes' used the ubiquitous Cosworth DFV but managed to compete through clever use of ground effect technology, sealed by sliding skirts. It was only temporary respite until the grandees also sorted out ground effect, but a move to ban the crucial skirts had them up in arms. The teams, through Ecclestone (head of the Formula One Constructors Association) also wanted control of the commercial rights.

When the teams claimed their livelihoods were threatened, their cause was taken up by Jonathan Aitken, MP for Thanet East and it even featured in a commons debate about the evil French. Aitken was well connected – Eton, Oxford, the great nephew of Lord Beaverbrook. The right sort.

As a journalist he'd even copied the Scott Report about the government's supply of arms to Nigeria and sent it to the Daily Telegraph. Never mind that a few years down the line he'd be sentenced to 18 months in the clink for perjuring himself over whether or not an Arab businessman had paid for a stay at the Ritz.

It all became pretty high profile and when stalemate ensued, Ecclestone and Mosley threatened a breakaway championship, the World Federation of Motor Sport. At the 11th hour, Balestre caved in and ceded the commercial rights for four years in exchange for the right to make the rules. The teams all agreed to pitch up and provide a show for the commensurate period and hence the first Concorde Agreement was signed in 1981.

Mosley has since conceded that if Balestre hadn't surrendered there was little he and Bernie could have done about it – they didn't have the wherewithal to put on more than a race or two at best. But Ecclestone was now up and running and began the process of establishing Formula 1 as the planet's biggest global sporting success story.

Along the way he managed to end up doing it for himself (Formula One Management) rather than the teams (FOCA). This came about after Mosley became FIA president in 1991. The first time the Concorde Agreement came up for renewal, he cut a deal with Bernie direct rather than Bernie as head of the teams' organisation. Things got a bit heated when Ecclestone wanted a public flotation, more transparency was needed and it became apparent just how much money he was making.
Ken Tyrrell and Ron Dennis © LAT

By that time, however, very few of the original FOCA teams of the early 80s remained. The ones that did – Ron Dennis, Frank Williams and Ken Tyrrell, all got a bit tetchy. Ken, though, sold out to British American Racing, some say with Bernie's help, and received a very healthy pension which he can't have been expecting. Ron and Frank were apparently squared away and on we went, after a few bumps and bangs.

The threat of a breakaway has always been there but Bernie has always played the politics supremely well, keeping Ferrari on-side with judicious use of the cheque book and ensuring that a generation of team owners also became very wealthy thank-you. His job has historically been made easy by the inability of the competing teams to agree on what day it is.

Ferrari's role is crucial because its brand value is considered to be so strong that wherever the prancing horse goes, the others follow. That, and the fact that Maranello has been part of the world championship since the beginning, means that they receive bigger 'heritage' payments than anyone else.

As Ecclestone developed F1 into the fine marketing platform that it is today, the major motor manufacturers arrived en masse, presenting Max and Bernie with an altogether more challenging environment. It has oft been an uneasy alliance. Whenever Max and Bernie considered that the car makers were getting too big for their boots they were slapped down.

Mosley has always claimed that the manufacturers cannot be relied on because they will use F1 for their own ends, come and go when they please and, in the meanwhile, price everyone out of the business. He argues that they can compete if they wish, but it's the FIA's bat and ball and they will decide the rules of the game. The manufacturers counter that yes, they are in it to sell cars, but they are serious, responsible companies who want to make a firm commitment to the sport and make it better for everyone, but on sensible terms.

It all started to turn serious last year. After Mosley's personal life was exposed by News of the World, Max commissioned a top agency to investigate the circumstances, believing that, probably, he'd been set-up by persons attempting to remove him from the office of FIA president.

In the paddock, conventional wisdom was that he could not survive, but the teams underestimated him. It seems that even Bernie had reached the conclusion that Max was bad for business. In Canada last year there were meetings between the teams and Bernie and the word was that they were about to sign a unanimous letter demanding that Mosley go. Presumably, if he refused they weren't going to race. But Ferrari wouldn't sign. The rumour was that Monsieur Todt was interested in succeeding Max as the FIA president and so thought it unwise, but that's conjecture.

Canada last year was when it emerged that Ferrari not only received more cash and golden hellos to sign extensions to the Concorde Agreement but they also had right of veto over the technical regulations. There wasn't quite the flap you might have anticipated, largely because most teams already suspected as much.

It's a small world, F1. In fact, I've spoken to a team principal who, for years, had been peering over his technical director's shoulder because he knew it was pointless designing anything too clever. There would be a line struck through it. Just a waste of time and money…
Luca di Montezemolo © LAT

But the other teams, in fact, embraced Ferrari and even invited Luca di Montezemolo to become president of the newly-formed FOTA (Formula One Teams' Association), which was a shrewd move. The teams had obviously been studying their history. This was the FOCA of the noughties. And given the clout of the major players, it was obviously serious.

So why did Ferrari join them having already signed to a Concorde extension until 2012 and having stood alone in Montreal? It's a good question. They were unhappy at Mosley's direction, sure, and North America is Ferrari's biggest market. Montezemolo was apparently livid that not only had F1 lost its US race but that he learned of Montreal's cancelation in his morning newspaper. So much for consultation…

The diffuser row was just the thing that, in the past, would have split apart any team alliance, particularly when it was the efforts of the FOTA teams which had saved the Brawn team. But, determined not to succumb to divide and rule, they stuck together.

When the early entry date for the 2010 championship was announced they submitted a blanket entry with conditions attached. If there is no solution FOTA, for the past three months, has been planning its own championship. They stress, however, that such action is a last resort.

The 10 unified teams became nine when Williams acted unilaterally and submitted an independent entry. Then the nine became eight when Force India's Vijay Mallya did likewise. Both teams have now been suspended by FOTA.

Frank's core business is Formula 1, he employs 500 plus people and he cannot risk not being part of the world championship. In the meantime, F1 entries have been flooding in. F1 teams with £40 million capability are suddenly 10 a penny. Much of it is nonsense, of course, but some are serious and there is the very real possibility of there being more teams than grid slots. Acceptance is at the FIA's discretion and if the future of your business depend upon an entry, that's not a nice position to be in.

There were other factors too, as Frank explained in Turkey.

"We signed a Concorde agreement with Bernie on 15 October 2005 for another five years (after '07) and then all the teams, certainly this one, signed a renewed Concorde a year and a half ago for which he paid us again. We were paid twice and we like to think we're pretty straight in business. Old habits become even older habits.

"But it's a difficult one for us because the manufacturer engines are just magic bits of kit. They go wrong very rarely and of course they bring great prestige - very important. That's why the position we are taking is, let's stay calm, say little, let tempers cool.

"We're all human in this. Just let a little private talking get another serious conversation going again. Max doesn't want war, neither does Bernie – he doesn't need it, he's getting on a bit. And he wants to enjoy his retirement eventually I presume. Plus he doesn't want to see what he's created all turn to poo and treacle. All of us want to see the same thing."
Sir Frank Williams and John Howett © LAT

Frank, of course, has a Toyota engine and Toyota's team principal, John Howett, is the FOTA vice-chairman. So how were relations with Toyota after Frank put his entry in?

"Testy a little bit for the first 10 minutes but then they went back to normal," Frank said, before explaining that he has a Toyota engine contract for next year and he's quite happy with that.

Why did Force India act independently?

"I submitted initially along with FOTA as a conditional entry," explained Vijay Mallya in Istanbul. "I was then legally advised that we would be in breach of our banking covenants if we did not have the certainty of being accepted. The importance of having an entry into the world championship is access to sponsors and more importantly access to ongoing F~0~M payments arising out of participation.

"I shared all this in an open and transparent manner with FOTA well before the Friday deadline and I hope they take all that into account. Our situation may be a little bit different to that of Williams but nevertheless John [Howett] has told me that in the teleconference call that they had, the executive committee decided to suspend Force India. But he also told me that they are talking to the other members and explaining what I hopefully consider to be mitigating circumstances because I can't wilfully and knowingly be in breach of my covenants.

"Every company has working capital facilities set up with banks and covenants are very standard all over the world. The bank wants to see where the inflow of capital is coming from. The bank was reluctant for those to be put at risk and I shared all these details with FOTA.

"I have given them the letter from the bank and a copy of my written legal advice and if they accept that I have acted in a fully transparent manner all well and good. If not, life just goes on. I have a responsibility to protect the guys, their jobs and futures. My risk appetite as far as FI is concerned is probably a lot less than some of the manufacturers."

Fair enough. It may surprise you that the Indian billionaire needs borrowed funds with which to go motor racing but there you are. It seems that wealthy people never spend their own money when they can spend someone else's. But Force India looks safe.

I asked Frank whether he could envisage any other teams jumping ship and submitting independent, albeit late, entries. Particularly the likes of Brawn, who are in a very different position to when they were Honda. Like Williams, their core business is now F1. And of course there's McLaren. They must be feeling a tad uncomfortable.

"If Max makes it a little easier for them I would imagine that," he replied, "This has happened a few times before over the past 30 years or so."

Ross Brawn though, seems dedicated to the FOTA cause.
Ross Brawn © LAT

"I understand Frank's position," he admitted. "He had contractual agreements with Bernie and the FIA that we don't have. The existence of this team has been dependant on support of FOTA teams. McLaren and Mercedes in particular is the reason we're here.

"I think the FOTA initiatives are good, I think we seem to have had a disconnection in terms of liaising and discussing with the FIA and I think that's been the problem. FOTA have a lot of good ideas and we need to reconnect. I want to be part of FOTA, it's a good initiative and I feel I can help more to find a solution by being a member of FOTA than if I step out, so I intend to remain within."

Ross does not see FOTA fracturing beyond Frank and Force India.

"Both have their reasons. But there is a whole lot of work FOTA does and a whole raft of technical proposals for 2010 that are intended to save a lot of money. Next year the FOTA proposal is that we can only have three bodywork upgrades during the season – what you start with and two upgrades during the season and that saves enormous amounts of money because every time you are doing new bodywork it's very expensive.

"FOTA proposed homologated gearboxes at 1.5 million euros for next season, FOTA members are providing engines at 5 million Euros next year. All those are FOTA initiatives and we just need to move away from this confrontational situation we've got into with the FIA."

The $64m question is whether, if Max plays hard ball, there really is the stomach for a breakaway series. Max will know that, 30 years ago, there wasn't. But that the bluff worked. Frank doesn't think there is. His point is that if there was, you'd see people rampaging around the paddock telling everyone, 'this is our schedule, this is what we're going to do, come and meet our CEO.' But they're not.

Others say that, on the contrary, everyone's been discussing it behind closed doors for three months, as a back stop position, and that they don't see anything insurmountable. And that closed doors are much better. Prior to the race last weekend, the FOTA teams got all their drivers together in the Toyota motorhome and gave them a heads-up. In anything subsequently said, the drivers, predictably enough perhaps, all came out in support of their employers.

But they said things that didn't need to be said. There was one in the eye for Bernie over the lack of spectators, which were blamed on previous Turkish ticket prices turning people off. They talked about waving to empty stands on the pre-race parade. This was all part of the FOTA ‘we need to put on a better show' directive, a constant theme for a long time now.

And then there was one in the eye for Max when the FOTA teams announced that they were going to be binning KERS next year, such a key part of Mosley's 'green' initiatives. Even BMW's Mario Theissen, who wanted it retained, concurred. All for the common good. Max won't like that much. For a bunch of people who don't want a war they are lobbing a suspicious number of grenades.
The first race of the Indy Racing League following the split between CART and the Indianapolis 500

For me, Ross Brawn was speaking a lot of common sense when he said: "We don't want a split championship. That's a last resort and we think we've got a long way to go before that even starts to get seriously discussed. I think at the end of last year there was a very worrying period.

"Honda had pulled out and there were rumours of others and it was a volatile period. People reacted and I think on reflection now they should look at how they reacted and decide whether they needed to react in that way - because all teams of FOTA are willing to sign an agreement until 2012. And that includes the manufacturers, who are willing to pledge their commitment to F1 until then.

"If they are willing to give that commitment the fear of losing them has disappeared. So why do we need such a strong reaction? We need to develop F1, we don't need to destroy it and build it again. We know we need to develop it so that teams like ourselves are financially viable in the future and FOTA recognises that and is working hard to achieve it. And quite frankly the numbers you hear bandied around are the kind of numbers we are going to be operating on, so we're not a million miles apart."

But what happens if, when the FIA's entry list is published on Friday, the likes of Toyota and BMW aren't on it? Ferrari will be, of course. Because the FIA, at its discretion, will accept it, along with a selection of viable new teams. How unified will FOTA stay then? Will it, perhaps, just be tough luck for those who can't play?

The next few weeks and months could well be a bumpy ride.
Schumacher adds his voice to row
Spoiler:
Seven times world champion Michael Schumacher has added his voice to the row over the future of Formula 1 - claiming that the manufacturers should not be forced to accept the kind of radical cost cut proposals being put forward by the FIA.

The former Ferrari driver says he cannot envisage F1 in the future being without the car makers, and thinks that a solution should be found that keeps them in on their terms.

In a video interview released on Ferrari's official website just a few days before the entry list for the 2010 championship is revealed, Schumacher was outspoken in his belief that the manufacturers were vital for F1's future.

"It is not a very exciting situation that we are facing – especially the sport that I have participated most of my life in and that I really love. To see what is going on there, it is not very great," said Schumacher.

"At the end of the day, if you think Ferrari, the name is so important, it is so big in this sport. It became big due to the sport but it actually grew the sport at the same time.

"You cannot see F1 without Ferrari or the other manufacturers who have participated for so long. I really believe that somehow they must find a solution – and the solution can only be that it suits those teams that have built up F1 to the state that it is now.

"You cannot expect drastic changes to be accepted by such important manufacturers. Yes, you have a target, yes, you want to reduce costs, but you have to do it step by step, you cannot turn the world around in one day – that is impossible."

Schumacher's comments come as the FIA and the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) try and come to a settlement that will help secure the future of the sport.

FIA president Max Mosley wrote to the FOTA teams on Monday saying that it would be better if they lodged unconditional entries to next year's championship, so they could then help frame new rules. FOTA is expected to respond imminently.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 09 Jun 2009, 16:13

phil1993 wrote: Schumacher adds his voice to row
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmOlpwkI76o[/youtube]
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 09 Jun 2009, 17:55

Exclusive: First pictures of a 2010 budget-cap car
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=38150

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 09 Jun 2009, 17:58

:lol: i can easily build that kind of car :lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Jun 2009, 19:32

^ Team Megasyxx F1 it is then :p

FIA hints at progress as FOTA responds
Spoiler:
The FIA has suggested that slight progress has been made in its row with the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) over the future of the sport, after claiming that a response to its request for teams to lodge unconditional entries for 2010 was 'not entirely negative.'

With FIA president Max Mosley having asked FOTA's eight members to let him know by this evening whether or not they would remove the conditions attached to their entries to the 2010 championship, the teams' organisation duly wrote to the governing body.

No details of the contents of the letter have been made public, and FOTA was unwilling to comment about the situation, but it is understood that the teams made it clear that they were not in a position to be able to drop the conditions attached to their entry yet.

However, having laid out clearly in the letter and various attachments what teams would like to see in place for them to commit, the FIA says it has seen some signs of encouragement in the latest stance.

A spokesman for the governing body said: "The FIA has received a letter and various attachments from FOTA, the contents of which are not entirely negative, and we are currently examining the details."

FOTA has been keen not to adopt an aggressive strategy with the governing body over the matter, and believes that the cost cut proposals it has put forward are exactly what is needed to help secure the sport's future.

However, the bigger issue for the teams remains governance of the sport. That is why the signing of a new Concorde Agreement to unify the teams, the FIA and the sport's commercial rights holder is so important.

Toyota vice-chairman John Howett said in Turkey last weekend that sorting out how rules are framed in the future was a priority.

"It's about fundamentally governance; there are also one or two issues of methodology of managing, shall we say, resource control, or reduction," he explained. "And I think the FOTA requests are extremely reasonable."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75977

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 09 Jun 2009, 20:54

Wooh! Let's party! Progression yeah! !yahoo:

:p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 10 Jun 2009, 15:18

Ecclestone's turn: I would take legal action against breakaway series
"If they do try to set up their own series - and I don't think they will be able to – there are big problems ahead for them," Ecclestone told the Daily Express. "Apart from my contracts with teams, if somebody went to any of our contracted people, companies, television contractors, we would view it very seriously. That would be inducement to breach contracts and I don't do that myself, so I won't stand back and let it happen. Any action could run to hundreds of millions of pounds, who knows how much?"
Spoiler:
Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has warned the sport's manufacturers that he will be ready to take legal action against them if they adopt an aggressive approach in any plans to launch a rival breakaway series.

Ahead of the countdown to Friday's publication of the 2010 F1 entry list that could be the catalyst for breakaway plans getting the go ahead, Ecclestone says he will jump straight into action if car makers try and lure away any of F1's current television broadcasters, personnel or sponsors.

"If they do try to set up their own series - and I don't think they will be able to – there are big problems ahead for them," Ecclestone told the Daily Express.

"Apart from my contracts with teams, if somebody went to any of our contracted people, companies, television contractors, we would view it very seriously.

"That would be inducement to breach contracts and I don't do that myself, so I won't stand back and let it happen. Any action could run to hundreds of millions of pounds, who knows how much?"

Although FOTA sees a breakaway as a last resort, leading figures believe it is not impossible that the manufacturers could launch their own series for next year. Ecclestone thinks, however, that it would be far too difficult for the teams to set up a championship at such short notice.

"I'm not sure that the boards of teams such as Toyota and BMW, who are already looking to cut costs in F1, would sympathise and bankroll their teams going off to a series which would not be the FIA F1 championship," he said. "It costs a lot of money to set up a series.

"Right now, we supply the venues at no cost to the teams, they roll up with all their sponsors' names and money and race in front of a huge television audience which I supply through the contracts we win.

"That money flows back to the teams and they spend it. It would be different when they have to provide all the venues, hire their own race people, find their own television companies – and we have the best – and promote it."

He added: "As for the drivers, they want to win the FIA F1 world championship or some of them would be elsewhere getting more money to win a title that means less. I don't think they will get a series going.

"The teams had a chance to sign the 1998 Concorde Agreement which would have protected them from Max's technical changes, but they said no."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75987
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 10 Jun 2009, 19:02

phil1993 wrote:^ Team Megasyxx F1 it is then :p
wanna join my team? i'll make you my #1 driver, and #2 as well.....and test driver too! :lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Jun 2009, 19:11

megasyxx wrote:
phil1993 wrote:^ Team Megasyxx F1 it is then :p
wanna join my team? i'll make you my #1 driver, and #2 as well.....and test driver too! :lol:
Well, as long as I'm given #1 driver priority, I don't want a younger Philippino rookie being favoured in the team :lol:

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 10 Jun 2009, 19:21

but you're the only driver in my team :D.....and my team policy is "driver equality" (duh? with 1 driver? :lol: )

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Jun 2009, 19:26

Maybe we could have our first Lebanese F1 driver :lol:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 10 Jun 2009, 19:36

Ferrari says it cannot be entered by FIA
"Ferrari's position has not changed," Domenicali said. "Back on 29 May, we put in a conditional entry with the other teams that make up FOTA. Along with this entry, we put forward to the FIA a package of proposals which included among other elements, a significant reduction in costs. "As always, we will do all we can to find a solution that is acceptable to all parties. If this is not possible, then the FIA will not be able to include Ferrari in the list of teams entered for the 2010 FIA Formula 1 World Championship."
Spoiler:
Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali insists the FIA cannot include his outfit on the entry list for 2010 when it is published on Friday, unless the governing body has agreed to demands laid down by the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA).

With less than 48 hours to go until motor racing's governing body publishes the list of teams entered for the 2010 championship, there has been mounting speculation that Ferrari could controversially be part of the gang that is deemed to have an automatic entry.

This is because the team had made commitments with the FIA and Formula One Management several years ago about guaranteeing its presence in F1, in return for favourable commercial terms and a veto on technical regulations.

Domenicali joined a FOTA meeting in London on Wednesday to discuss the matter, as the teams' body prepared itself for Friday's announcement. Afterwards, Ferrari issued a statement saying that it could only be part of the entry list if the conditions it laid down on May 29 were met.

"Ferrari's position has not changed," Domenicali said. "Back on 29 May, we put in a conditional entry with the other teams that make up FOTA. Along with this entry, we put forward to the FIA a package of proposals which included among other elements, a significant reduction in costs.

"As always, we will do all we can to find a solution that is acceptable to all parties. If this is not possible, then the FIA will not be able to include Ferrari in the list of teams entered for the 2010 FIA Formula 1 World Championship."

The agreement at the centre of the latest argument was deemed valid by a French court last month, when Ferrari sought an injunction over the 2010 regulations being introduced. The courts ruled that only the time frame for sorting the matter out prevented Ferrari being given the opportunity to overturn the 2010 rules.

However, Ferrari insists now that the terms of the contract it had in place are no longer valid.

Speaking in an FIA press conference in Turkey last weekend, Domenicali said: "We had an agreement with the FIA but we felt that the obligations inside that agreement were breached, so the agreement is not valid anymore."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75994

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Jun 2009, 19:39

Already posted above Ali...