It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 19:24

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: F1 News w/c 23 February
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2009, 16:47  

Quote:
Force India to unveil new car on Sunday

Force India's 2009 challenger will make its track debut at the Jerez circuit in Spain this weekend, the team announced on Monday.

The VJM02 will take to the Spanish track for the first time on Sunday, before beginning its development programme ahead of the start of the season in Melbourne.

The new car, to be driven by Giancarlo Fisichella and Adrian Sutil, will be powered by Mercedes-Benz engines following a deal with the German car maker.

Post subject: Re: F1 News w/c 23 February
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2009, 18:10  
F1 Driver

Is this the first time Force India/Spyker/Midland have unveiled their car before Melbourne?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2009, 18:16  

Quote:
Raikkonen not dwelling on poor 2008; Kubica tops Polish sport rich list

Kimi Raikkonen says he is not dwelling on his disappointing 2008 season as he aims to bounce back in this year's championship.

The 2007 world champion was unable to defend his title last season, enduring a difficult campaign during which he was overshadowed by Ferrari teammate Felipe Massa.

Raikkonen was unable to feel perfectly comfortable with the handling of the Italian squad's car for most of the season, but the Finn admits he already has a better feeling with this year's F60.

"It's too early to tell. For sure the feeling has been good," Raikkonen told Corriere della Sera. "You always learn from your mistakes, but I'm not particularly interested in understanding last year: we can't change the way things went, and it doesn't help us to do things better now.

"I'm happy to talk about what we can do this year."

The Finn also said he's not looking for revenge following his poor 2008 season.

"No, I only try to give my best," he added. "Everyone knows what we can do and our objective is to win the championship.

"There are many things that need to go well to achieve that, and I'm not necessarily talking about luck. But I'm not thinking of that now: I think about doing some good tests and having a strong start to the season in the early races."

The Ferrari driver admitted he was left pleased with how last week's Bahrain test went.

"Very well," he said of the test. "It was a good first step, everything worked. As for slicks, in the end I haven't found many differences compared to when we tried them on the old car before Christmas."

Raikkonen, who scored just two victories last year, said he was not looking at what his rivals were doing during the winter.

"I have no idea how the other teams are working," he said. "So far the laptimes have all been very close, but during testing you use different tyres, you try things that will turn out to be good or bad only later. But I'm neither interested nor worried about the others. Let's think about ourselves."

The former world champion, who has a contract with Ferrari until 2010, insisted the Maranello squad will be the last he drives for in F1.

"We'll see whether in two years' time I'm still enjoying myself or whether I want to do other things," Raikkonen said of his future. "But what's certain is that Ferrari will be my last team. Which doesn't meant that I will definitely quit in 2010..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Kubica is Poland's wealthiest sportsman, a newspaper rich list claims.

In its eighth sports rich-list edition, the tabloid Super Express put the 24-year-old BMW-Sauber driver atop the list among 99 of his countrymen sports peers.

His 3 million euro haul last year was almost 1m clear of the second Pole on the list, Tomasz Kuszczak, the reserve goalkeeper for Manchester United.

Third is Sebastian Janikowski with 1.7m for playing in the American football (NFL) league

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 07:36  
F1 Rookie

Fergie1 wrote:
Is this the first time Force India/Spyker/Midland have unveiled their car before Melbourne?

force india had a fancy launch event last year I seem to remember

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]