It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 04:28

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: F1 09 TV Coverage
PostPosted: 10 May 2009, 18:32  
F1 Driver

Atleast Eddie Jordan gives an honest and interesting opinion, compared to the dry pap we used to get from Mark Blundell he's 100x better. I don't mind EJ, he's a character and he speaks his mind. And whether or not Kimi is more successful than the TV pundits criticising him its irrelevant, the pundits should be able to say what they want. And Kimi has hardly given off the air of 100% committed racing driver has he? BBC coverage is quite good, Coulthard isn't very good but he should improve, same with Legard but he's better than James Allen was.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 May 2009, 20:29  
F1 Rookie

Alot of people think negative about him in terms of commitment. He isn't the guy that some people want him to be. He doesn't care much about things that have nothing to do with racing, and in interviews he comes off as boring to most people, talking like a robot etc. So yes, you're right that he hasn't got the air of commitment. People just should know better that he is alot different when he's not being interviewed, and that he's definately committed to the sport. He has his personal trainer with him all the time, even when he's not at GP's, he eats healthy and does everything to stay in shape. He also does things like going to hockey matches, but hey, he's just enjoying his life.

But about EJ, I liked him, because he spoke his mind, but now it comes to light to me at least, that he's pretty narrow minded. He is wrong about a lot of things, and I don't mind that because he is only human, and he's a nice man to talk to I think. But, he is a very outspoken person, and he can say very bad things about people, like he did with Kimi. He would immediately suspend Kimi. He would suspend himself if he hadn't suspended Kimi already. Things like that. I'm glad Kimi doesn't care about what he says, or maybe, shows that he doesn't care.

I never heard James Blundell as this is the first season which I watch at BBC. The coverage, or at least the coverage before the races is so bad in Holland, that I watch it on BBC. I'll still keep watching it on BBC, but I had to get that thing about EJ off my chest. I'm very thankful to him though, that he does see talent sometimes, like in 1991.

PostPosted: 12 May 2009, 15:57  
F1 Rookie

I don't like 1 thing on BBC : they don't shout.

For example, after the SC in Barcelona, Alonso overtake Weber and they said few laps after that it was a great move!

Same things happened in Fuji 2007 with Massa VS Webber. This overtaking was very dangerous but if I was just hearding TV, I couldn't understand that there was a brilliant overtake.

PostPosted: 12 May 2009, 16:53  
F1 Rookie

You haven't heard the end of the qualifying, then. Legard yells like a lady. As if it's more exciting that the start of the RACE, what it's all about. :p

PostPosted: 12 May 2009, 16:55  

On BBC we can't get through a weekend without EJ moaning about KERS

PostPosted: 12 May 2009, 17:18  
F1 Rookie

phil1993 wrote:
On BBC we can't get through a weekend without EJ moaning about KERS

You forgot Kimi... :lol:

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 15:43  
kart driver

Hate to say it, but I think I'd have Allen over Legard. He always seems to think that setting the fastest time in Q1 = pole position, and his expressions are horrendous ("They're coming thick and fast!" or "That'll be a REAL shot in the arm for him!"

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 15:50  

I didn't want to be the first to say this so I'm glad you did, but I also would rather have Allen back as at least he had gelled with Brundle and didnt dominate.

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 15:58  
F1 Driver

Come on, he's not that bad-he just needs to know when to get excited and when to stay calm. The beeb should really hire Ben Edwards but Legard's in it for the long haul.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 May 2009, 13:41  
car driver

Anything its better than the poor transmition broadcasted here in Brazil, awful comentaries...not even shows the post race interviews...arghhh...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2009, 04:49  
F1 Routinier

gkind wrote:
Anything its better than the poor transmition broadcasted here in Brazil, awful comentaries...not even shows the post race interviews...arghhh...

Not really- in Australia outside of the 5 largest cities the coverage is chopped in places, delayed, and has atrocious presenters. Sometime post-race interview is shortened or not shown.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 18:39  
F1 Routinier

I am happy now, I finally got ONE and I am impressed :).
No more whinging from me! Hooray!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009, 03:15  
kart driver

Thanks to generous posters here, I'm able to enjoy BBC coverage, more hours than I can watch in between races. Soooo much better than Speed. All of the pre-race buildup and post-race analysis is fantastic. Although I preferred James Allen to Legard. The interplay between Eddie Jordan and DC is growing on me. At first I thought they were weak. Brundle is really good, but seems kind of smug. I'd like to see Eddie Irvine commentate a GP, I bet he'd be pretty honest. I wish F~0~M would do a better job of showing the changes in elevation, all of the tracks look totally flat. I just rewatched the Barhain GP; there was nothing they could do to make that place look interesting.
 Offline Profile