Alonso to Ferrari in 2011 (or in 2010)

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
why so serious
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Nov 2008, 16:25

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by why so serious » 03 Jan 2009, 21:38

Ferrari might have wanted this rumour to be spread in the press in order to spice up Kimi and his charge in 2009. They might guess that Kimi knowing the fact that Alonso will be ready for his seat may go faster and faster with the motivatation it'll give to him.

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by shailf1 » 03 Jan 2009, 21:53

perhaps that would be right, but this also provide kimi with added pressure and he might make silly mistakes.

User avatar
Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 23:32
Location: Sweden

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by Suntrek » 04 Jan 2009, 11:00

why so serious wrote:Ferrari might have wanted this rumour to be spread in the press in order to spice up Kimi and his charge in 2009. They might guess that Kimi knowing the fact that Alonso will be ready for his seat may go faster and faster with the motivatation it'll give to him.


That trick didn't work very well in McLaren though. Remember Alonso signed for them already in 2005.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 397
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 20:15

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by kimi and mika » 04 Jan 2009, 11:11

Does it say he will replace Kimi, it could be Massa that goes. I don't think it will happen unless Kimi leaves, even then I would pick Vettel. As they are only rumours, I would wait untill real news is out. That might be a long time.
Image

User avatar
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2441
Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by swca92 » 04 Jan 2009, 11:19

I don't believe Ferrari would let a rumour spread to motivate Kimi.He's too enigmatic for that,and he doesn't seem to care too much about what others think of him,and that includes not caring about the media.Maybe if Ferrari offered him 500 bottles of his favourite alcoholic beverage and an Italian supermodel for a night he might perk up and find more motivation...

why so serious
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Nov 2008, 16:25

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by why so serious » 04 Jan 2009, 11:39

Suntrek wrote:
why so serious wrote:Ferrari might have wanted this rumour to be spread in the press in order to spice up Kimi and his charge in 2009. They might guess that Kimi knowing the fact that Alonso will be ready for his seat may go faster and faster with the motivatation it'll give to him.


That trick didn't work very well in McLaren though. Remember Alonso signed for them already in 2005.

Yeah but in 2006 McLaren was crappy. Of course what i suggested is just another speculation drop in the ocean. As my friend said, he would be much more ignited with a Burgundy.

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by TwistedArmco » 04 Jan 2009, 12:17

swca92 wrote:Maybe if Ferrari offered him 500 bottles of his favourite alcoholic beverage and an Italian supermodel for a night he might perk up and find more motivation...


He has a wife!! :) I wouldn't mind if Ferrari gave me 500 bottles of Absolut.. :p

why so serious wrote:As my friend said, he would be much more ignited with a Burgundy.


Setting him on fire?? Actually, that might be a good policy - it allows a seat to be cleared for someone less underperforming.. :p
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by JoostLamers » 04 Jan 2009, 12:42

TwistedArmco wrote:
swca92 wrote:Maybe if Ferrari offered him 500 bottles of his favourite alcoholic beverage and an Italian supermodel for a night he might perk up and find more motivation...


He has a wife!! :) I wouldn't mind if Ferrari gave me 500 bottles of Absolut.. :p

For 500 bottles of my favourite drink, I do a lot af things :)
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

why so serious
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Nov 2008, 16:25

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by why so serious » 04 Jan 2009, 13:26

TwistedArmco wrote:
why so serious wrote:As my friend said, he would be much more ignited with a Burgundy.


Setting him on fire?? Actually, that might be a good policy - it allows a seat to be cleared for someone less underperforming.. :p

I doubt Kimi the Iceman will melt easily (:

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 98
Joined: 12 May 2007, 15:04

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by phillyred79 » 06 Jan 2009, 23:16

What will determine Alonso's fate is the balance of performance/salary. Renault may very well provide Alonso with a spectacular car for 2009 and if that is the case then Alonso will be on the podium A LOT. BUT, with current economic times perhaps Alonso will sacrifice a good car for more $$$. The financial health of all the teams is weakening as the global recession hits and only the richest teams (Ferrari/Mercedes) will be able to pay the $$$ to command a great driver like Alonso. We've already seen Alonso go from a winning team like McLaren to Renault for the main reason of ego/pride and f.avoritism- my point is Alonso will have to make a tough choice

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by TwistedArmco » 06 Jan 2009, 23:28

phillyred79 wrote:What will determine Alonso's fate is the balance of performance/salary. Renault may very well provide Alonso with a spectacular car for 2009 and if that is the case then Alonso will be on the podium A LOT. BUT, with current economic times perhaps Alonso will sacrifice a good car for more $$$. The financial health of all the teams is weakening as the global recession hits and only the richest teams (Ferrari/Mercedes) will be able to pay the $$$ to command a great driver like Alonso. We've already seen Alonso go from a winning team like McLaren to Renault for the main reason of ego/pride and f.avoritism- my point is Alonso will have to make a tough choice


Maybe my view is obstructed by being a 'Nano fan, but I reckon he'd prefer a fast car to a large salary. Ideally, I'm sure he'd like both, but I think he'd like a shot at a WDC or at least race wins, over a massive salary.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 98
Joined: 12 May 2007, 15:04

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by phillyred79 » 08 Jan 2009, 16:28

TwistedArmco wrote:
phillyred79 wrote:What will determine Alonso's fate is the balance of performance/salary. Renault may very well provide Alonso with a spectacular car for 2009 and if that is the case then Alonso will be on the podium A LOT. BUT, with current economic times perhaps Alonso will sacrifice a good car for more $$$. The financial health of all the teams is weakening as the global recession hits and only the richest teams (Ferrari/Mercedes) will be able to pay the $$$ to command a great driver like Alonso. We've already seen Alonso go from a winning team like McLaren to Renault for the main reason of ego/pride and f.avoritism- my point is Alonso will have to make a tough choice


Maybe my view is obstructed by being a 'Nano fan, but I reckon he'd prefer a fast car to a large salary. Ideally, I'm sure he'd like both, but I think he'd like a shot at a WDC or at least race wins, over a massive salary.


I agree to an extent, but look at his decision to leave McLaren for Renault- a team that he knew couldn't provide a competitive package from the start of 2008. I believe that Alonso is a race car driver at heart, but if he wants to be a world champion again he's gonna have to be smart..

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by TwistedArmco » 08 Jan 2009, 21:59

I see your point, but I think that example was a personal reason for leaving for a worse team, and arguably was his best choice other than McLaren, a team he had deep personal issues against. I believe he also gets somewhat less money than he did at Mac anyway, so citing the McLaren>Renault move can be seen as something of a personal salvation (IMO) as opposed to a financial or competative salvation.

McLaren was one of these one-offs where getting out to the best option possible was the only cure. I agree he's definately going to have to be smart about his future choices, given the possible downturn of Ferrari (and/or other teams) before and during 2011..
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

User avatar
Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2476
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 21:13
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011

Post by Ali » 30 Jun 2009, 10:58

Alonso set for a Ferrari future?
September 11th 2009 could be the date on which Fernando Alonso is revealed as a Ferrari driver for the next five Formula One seasons.

The Spanish newspaper Diario AS claims that the sport's best-known secret may already be scheduled for official confirmation on the Friday of the Italian Grand Prix at Monza.

The report believes Ferrari has not decided which of the team's contracted 2010 drivers, Felipe Massa or Kimi Raikkonen, will be ushered aside to make room for the former double world champion, who currently races for Renault.


AS said Ferrari intends to hold its major end-of-season event at Valencia in November, not only to welcome Alonso to the team, but also its new 2010 Spanish sponsor Santander.

The report said Alonso could be the "surprise guest" at the event, but would have to wear casual clothes because of his Renault contract through December 31st.

Code: Select all

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090630095159.shtml
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2011 (or in 2010)

Post by phil1993 » 30 Jun 2009, 11:00

Wouldn't surprise me given Kimi's WRC outing and his attitude of 'I won my title, thats good'

Post Reply