Media War Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Media War Thread

Post by swca92 » 17 Oct 2008, 07:33

Ali I absolutely agree with you.I can proudly say I've never supported a team or driver,and although I think its OK to want a team or driver to win more than the others,don't let that ruin your passion for F1.Although I lean towards Lewis more than Massa for the championship I won't lose sleep over it,and I hope we get a thrilling climax in Brazil more than a Hamilton championship.

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 17 Oct 2008, 14:12

if you find F1 as a whole exciting then i suggest you try follow some other forms of motorsport. like say ALMS. but be warned, you may find yourself forgetting about F1 quite quickly.

I support McLaren. they are the ones whom i always (so far) leaned towards. simple as that. its all down to opinion. i can give you a multitude of reasons why i prefer them more than others. I don't see why this is bad and its not like I will support them no matter what they do. there's also a big difference between extreme fanaticism and showing your support towards someone. if you read my posts you'll see i criticise McLaren as much as anyone else unlike a lot of people. Also, my support for McLaren isn't as you describe. where we dont get nothing in return, cause in fact thanks to my support towards this team i got a lot more than I'd dream about in return. what ticks me off though, are extremists, (incl. McLaren ones). but that's something i suffer from. its the same in politics and any other sport.

So no, just cause i support McLaren doesn't mean its the cause of me loosing my passion for F1. if that'd be the case i'd have given up on them after all these years without winning anything. If that was the case i wouldn't have spent money i had been saving for 2 years to see the race in 06 cause there was no chance in hell we'd win. and if that was the case i'd have been depressed and suicidal after watching Massa take out Alonso (in a McLaren) in front of my own eyes. but i doubt you'll find a lot of people who are genuinely intrested in f1 like that. those would mostly be casual viewers. who would go away as soon as you get a remote hint of a bad season. I'd always rather have an epic race instead of a McLaren victory. ideally, i'd have both.

However what's ruining my passion for F1 is what's happening from the political and business aspect of it (see the recent proposed rule changes). If there was one thing that got me intrested in F1 it was the technological aspect of it which is fast going down the drain.

If anything, i feel supporting a team/driver makes a sport more enjoyable (you get higher ups and lower downs yes, but the mean is higher). and If anything its what keeping me from just not bothering at all. could be cause im mediterranean and generally we suffer from this "disease" but anyway.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 17 Oct 2008, 19:40

Replying with an equally simple but perhaps just as telling ‘no comment' when asked whether he believed Hamilton's driving of late had been, in Kubica's words, ‘dangerous' and ‘too much', Alonso subsequently confessed in a separate interview with Spanish broadcaster Telecinco that – in his opinion – no driver on the grand prix grid wanted the Briton to clinch the crown.

“Last year, when the championship was at this stage, everyone said they wanted either me or Kimi [Raikkonen] to win,” the 27-year-old revealed. “This year, all the drivers want Massa to be champion, so I think it is not my problem, it is Hamilton's.”

That's page 2 on a story from crash/net titled "No driver wants Hamilton to win".I'm not sure whether to take these comments at face value or not,because although I can imagine Alonso truly hating Hamilton for the shenanigans last year it shows immaturity and jealousy from Alonso if he is truly saying these things about Hamilton.If Alonso has not been misquoted he needs a sense of perspective,and if journalists have been continuously twisting these comments they are more of a disgrace to their profession than most.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 17 Oct 2008, 22:10

Psyche, psyche, psyche.. In all different directions.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 17 Oct 2008, 22:34

I'm positive alot of the Hamilton hate from some (key word is some here) of the drivers is just jealously. Surely they don't hate him if he hasn't done anything to them.
Also, the ones he "ran off the road", if Hamilton gets away with it so will they. Instead of moaning about it 4 weeks later do the same back. 2 wrongs don't make a right but the stewards didn't deem his driving in Monza wrong.

MrPonx
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by MrPonx » 18 Oct 2008, 05:24

Fergie1 wrote:I'm positive alot of the Hamilton hate from some (key word is some here) of the drivers is just jealously. Surely they don't hate him if he hasn't done anything to them.
Also, the ones he "ran off the road", if Hamilton gets away with it so will they. Instead of moaning about it 4 weeks later do the same back. 2 wrongs don't make a right but the stewards didn't deem his driving in Monza wrong.

they were busy trying to stop the water from entering their room, so they missed that part of the race

we need Stewards for the Stewards to judge their judgments

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 18 Oct 2008, 10:47

Fergie1 wrote:Instead of moaning about it 4 weeks later do the same back.
Alonso did :) . Watch the F1.com Japan highlights, on lap 1 on the run down to T2(/3 depending upon your outlook..)
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 18 Oct 2008, 11:03

:@:2

Don't think too much just :@:2
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 19 Oct 2008, 20:01

scermat wrote:
kimi and mika wrote:In Germany that wan't completely Kimi's fault, Jacques is partly to blame, so it's a different thing. Really you should talk about Australia, then yep Kimi missed his breaking point, but that's the first time in his (quite long) driving career.

Edit: It's not like Kimi could change tyres like Hamilton did, the exact same thing would have happened to him of he had to do the whole race on a flat-spottd tyre!
Excuses Excuses Excuses. i can give you similar reasons on why what Hamilton did wasn't like what Kimi said it was, but i aint gonna bother.

there are always 2 sides to a coin. :D
I know, but the rules were different then, he couldn't change the tyres, if he did that wouldn't have happened. Simple as that.

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 19 Oct 2008, 21:22

hmmm im lost here. so without the rules as they were back then (and yes he could've changed the tyre but it was worth the risk) Kimi would've never flatspotted the tyre in the first place?

i think you failed to understand that my whole argument wasnt about him crashing but him flatspotting the tyre. the crash was a cause of flatspot. changing tyres or not is irrelevant. that could only have prevented the crash.

Again... 2 sides to every coin. my point isnt to say kimi was stupid. but simply to say that kimi has done similar mistakes so him trying to make lewis seem as if he's done a mistake only 6 year old karters do kinda backfires.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 19 Oct 2008, 22:00

“This is a great result for the team, less so for me,” added Massa, bidding to become the first of his countrymen to claim the F1 World Championship laurels since the late, great Ayrton Senna last achieved the feat back in 1991. “Today's race was a difficult one. We were not quick enough to fight against Hamilton, [but] losing two points does not mean that I have lost hope.

“I will continue to fight right to the very end, and I can't wait to race in Interlagos in front of my home crowd. I will try my luck there – it will be the first time for a Brazilian, which will be a further incentive.

“There was no specific element that wasn't working on my car; it's just that today it was impossible for me to win. I feel a bit as though I'm in a penalty shoot-out in the football World Cup finals – we have missed the first two shots while the other team has scored, and therefore we cannot make any more mistakes and hope that they make three. It will be very difficult, but not impossible as we saw last year. The team is united and has faith; that is very important and nice too."

First looking at Massa's comments saying finishing 2nd was a great result may look ridiculous,but considering Hamilton's domination his comments kinda make sense.Atleast for Massa all the pressure's on Hamilton and winning his home race may nearly make up for not winning the championship.How costly is that spin in Malaysia now?

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 20 Oct 2008, 19:47

Massa (And Ferrari) have made too many mistakes or had bad luck, heres a few races:

Austrailia (a few points)
Malaysia (8 or 10 points)
Hungry (10 points!)
Singapore (10 or 8 points)

and about Kimi, he got the flat spotted tyre under different circumstances, he was overtaking somebody (I think a backmarker) and he didn't give Kimi the racing line (like fisi in China). Then he couldn't pit so the suspension went.

But I agree with what your saying, Kimi has flat-spotted his tyres, so has Hamilton.

MrPonx
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by MrPonx » 24 Oct 2008, 11:05

scermat wrote:
kimi and mika wrote:In Germany that wan't completely Kimi's fault, Jacques is partly to blame, so it's a different thing. Really you should talk about Australia, then yep Kimi missed his breaking point, but that's the first time in his (quite long) driving career.

Edit: It's not like Kimi could change tyres like Hamilton did, the exact same thing would have happened to him of he had to do the whole race on a flat-spottd tyre!
Excuses Excuses Excuses. i can give you similar reasons on why what Hamilton did wasn't like what Kimi said it was, but i aint gonna bother.

there are always 2 sides to a coin. :D

In Fuji they don't deal with coins, so the story is as Kimi said :)