Hamilton and Alonso

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Hamilton and Alonso

Post by Fergie1 » 07 May 2009, 22:27

From today's press conference it seems that neither of them have an issue with each other and it was McLaren that was the problem, so does anyone see them in a team together again maybe after 2012?
Personally I hope so as it was a great rivalry to watch and Massa and Raikkonen are never usually on each others pace during a race.

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Hamilton and Alonso

Post by HandoZiZle » 08 May 2009, 02:27

I don't think they'll ever be in a team together again after all the drama of 2007. Besides, Hamilton will never leave McLaren to join Ferrari...get it :roll:: .

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 08 May 2009, 04:25

I think 'Alonso to Ferrari' are true rumors and Alonso desperately need winning car.And now ron away from gp's is best chance to return to Mclaren. :O
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 08 May 2009, 05:53

Zack wrote:I think 'Alonso to Ferrari' are true rumors and Alonso desperately need winning car.And now ron away from gp's is best chance to return to Mclaren. :O
Berger talked to Alonso about having him in STR for the 09 season. Berger said "Now I can say it: he was interested, but made it clearly understood that he saw 2009 only as a transitional year, because he already knew what he would be doing in 2010," . I'm pretty sure it's Ferrari. It'll be cool if we can see another Alonso vs Hamilton , Ferrari vs McLaren battle.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 08 May 2009, 05:55

Uh, what else do you think they would say in an official press conference when they're sitting right next to each other? :p I think that watching 2007 we know how the relationship really is between them.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 08 May 2009, 07:59

That commercial with those two was so great! And at the very end Hakkinen appearing 2 in that commercial; big lol! :lol:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 08 May 2009, 08:31

AzShadow wrote:Uh, what else do you think they would say in an official press conference when they're sitting right next to each other? :p I think that watching 2007 we know how the relationship really is between them.
I think that's not true; you can say a lot of things about Nando, but he always tells the truth, he never ever lies! That's a great thing about him :thumbsup:

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 08 May 2009, 09:43

joostlamers wrote:
AzShadow wrote:Uh, what else do you think they would say in an official press conference when they're sitting right next to each other? :p I think that watching 2007 we know how the relationship really is between them.
I think that's not true; you can say a lot of things about Nando, but he always tells the truth, he never ever lies! That's a great thing about him :thumbsup:
ask TA :p

Now he showering some sweetness on Hamilton so he is most truthful guy :zz:

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 08 May 2009, 10:03

Zack wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
ask TA :p

Now he showering some sweetness on Hamilton so he is most truthful guy :zz:
No, but like the Dutch commentator always says: He doesn't care who he is talking to (whether if it's his team principal or a journalist), but he always tells the truth, you can discuss if that's the right thing to do sometimes (I'm not saying he should lie :p ), but with Nando you'll always get answers straight from his heart.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 08 May 2009, 10:54

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 11 May 2009, 16:34

As a matter of fact Alonso has always said the problem was the team and never Lewis, that he has a lot of respect for Lewis - even when he was still at McLaren, but no one cared to listen.

And you don't sell any newspapers by that boring fact, do you? Two drivers that hate each other sells SO much better.... :roll::
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 11 May 2009, 17:28

i hope they can be team-mates again at mclaren, in the nearest future hopefully :D

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 11 May 2009, 17:31

Suntrek wrote:
As a matter of fact Alonso has always said the problem was the team and never Lewis, that he has a lot of respect for Lewis - even when he was still at McLaren, but no one cared to listen.
In official press conferences yes, but his interviews with his local media has given a different view of things. And really I can't believe people have forgotten all the track events in 2007 too. Hungary 2007 qualifying would probably come up first.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 11 May 2009, 22:27

AzShadow wrote:
Suntrek wrote:
In official press conferences yes, but his interviews with his local media has given a different view of things. And really I can't believe people have forgotten all the track events in 2007 too. Hungary 2007 qualifying would probably come up first.
In the official press conferences Alonso hasn't been badmouthing neither Lewis nor the team. I'm referring exactly to the local media where Alonso has explained what the problem was - not Lewis, but the team.

And at which track events - apart from Hungary qualifying - have there been any conflict between Alonso and Hamilton as drivers? None, AFAIK.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 11 May 2009, 23:30

Not to dampen the idea of some kind of relationship of respect between Nando and Lewis, but I think Fernando will associate Lewis with a) one immensly difficult rivalry and b) the fact that he hates McLaren. While Lewis is still good and at McLaren, Fernando cannot like him. They all lie to the press. It's called public image. They're not good men, they're men who have been trained to let all of their emotions subside and be replaced by PR-friendly nothings. Only when things get stressed or if they're exceptional (like Vettel and to an extent Button) do they say anything interesting and truthful about their interpersonal relationships, and then it's usually nasty, because they've just been taken out or accused of something..
joostlamers wrote:I think that's not true; you can say a lot of things about Nando, but he always tells the truth, he never ever lies! That's a great thing about him :thumbsup:
Hah! You weren't saying that about him in 2007 or indeed the first half of 2008. :p
Zack wrote:ask TA :p
What exactly do you mean by that?

I'm under no illusions as to the nature of any kind of media interview/press release/soundbite. I'm not an idiot fan who jumps around to suit the latest press release of their hero, nor do I necessarily like drivers who my driver is supposed to like. That would be fickle. I like who I like, in a reasonable way.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.