Silverstone

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Silverstone

Post by maltafan » 23 Sep 2008, 16:26

The life of Silverstone in F1 looks quite short, at least for the time being. However, I think, that as a spectator, it's one of the best circuits to attend.

Just being there, is already an experience in itself.

The circuit, as many others is not that easy to reach. Train, coach and a 30 minute walk await each of us, unless you're camping in the camping sites close by, running the risk of brown soily shower if it rains, which is highly probable. Train stop at Northampton, then an approx 30 minutes ride by coach, stops you close to gate 6.

The circuit has quite a number of gates and being an airfield, is situated on flat ground, making it very easy to have a good walk all round the circuit. Close to the main grandstand, numerous stalls await fans, enticing them to a shopping spree of F1 merchandise.

A variety of stands await fans, some covered, other uncovered. Lots of Brits also go General Admission and create that party atmosphere all round. Certain stands offer the facility of having a roving seat on Friday on Saturday, that is no matter where your seat is, you can stay on some other stands on the first 2 days of the event, and on your booked seat on Sunday. Watch out those staying in Terraces, as they are not normal stands. There are no seats and therefore no seat numbers, so the earlier u go, the better on these stands.

Racedays are quite packed with GP2 and Historic Races, together with Red Arrow displays, amongst the others.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Silverstone

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Sep 2008, 17:20

Its fantastic and i've just booked Stowe B tickets for 2009. Great atmosphere there.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 23 Sep 2008, 22:10

I was in Stowe A, actually wanted B, but they were fully booked. I suggest u make the best of the roving seat facility and go to Copse for free practice or quali's.

If u want to se them close to you and for a couple of good photos go to Luffield.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Sep 2008, 22:34

Abbey was a good place as well, very close to the track. I think next year I will do Becketts, Pit Straight (only saw FBMW from there this year), Copse and probably Luffield.

Stowe B is the best of the Stowe section. You see all the way down Hangar Straight and all the way to Vale. You can pretty much see Abbey and Bridge before it goes right as well.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 24 Sep 2008, 19:17

The BMW pitlane Park is somewhere near Becketts (or maggot's). You must go there and have a look too.