Team Orders @ McLaren-Turkish GP

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Did McLaren impose Team Orders @ the Turkish GP !

Yes:
72%
No:
28%

Total votes: 18

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Team Orders @ McLaren-Turkish GP

Post by f1freak » 31 May 2010, 06:37

We have all seen the Turkish Gp and in my opinion this was the best race I have watched till date in the 2010 season. After seeing Button going for the lead against Lewis and then surprisingly his pace went down do you guys think that there were encrypted team orders for Jenson not to race Lewis. Like in the earlier days the team order were:

Ok Rubens Let Michael Pass for the Championship. Pretty Straight Forward :)

But Now it's pretty encrypted & it seems they are fooling around with the FIA giving instructions to the car in second place.

Save Fuel,Save Fuel
Conserve your tires.
You're looking good ,revs down.

coup
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Team Orders @ McLaren-Turkish GP

Post by coup » 31 May 2010, 06:48

they definitely were team orders
I think its OK in this situation. You've just seen the two red bulls collide while battling for the lead, which has given you a 1-2, and now your drivers are fighting with each other, the only sensible thing to do is to tell them to cool it down, and just make sure they get both cars to the end.

farfadet91
car driver
car driver

Post by farfadet91 » 31 May 2010, 08:04

Agreed with Coup, especially when we think that they fight toughly together but finally Hamilton took over Button. For we that was the end of the battle otherwise they would have crashed both.

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 31 May 2010, 09:47

The teamorders as Ferrari issued in the past were not good, but in the end F1 is a teamsport. And the team is there to keep the drivers under control, when the adrenaline is pumping through their bodies. So I think it's okay when a team says: we are one two now, don't attack each other.

I remember Fisichella led the Canadian GP in 2005 and Renault said: Fisi, Fernando is faster, please let him through. Saying to alonso: We know you're faster, overtake him.

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 05 Jun 2010, 10:46

On the official F1 website there is a movieclip from the Turkish race. With radiotransmission from McLaren as well.
Manager: Save fuel, Lewis, save fuel. Both cars are doing the same.
Hamilton: But, Jenson is closing in on me, guys.
Manager: Understood, Lewis.
Hamilton: If I back off, is Jenson going to pass me, or not?
Manager: No, Lewis, no.

Interesting, given the fact Button made the overtake, the next lap...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 05 Jun 2010, 13:35

R.? wrote:On the official F1 website there is a movieclip from the Turkish race. With radiotransmission from McLaren as well.
Manager: Save fuel, Lewis, save fuel. Both cars are doing the same.
Hamilton: But, Jenson is closing in on me, guys.
Manager: Understood, Lewis.
Hamilton: If I back off, is Jenson going to pass me, or not?
Manager: No, Lewis, no.

Interesting, given the fact Button made the overtake, the next lap...
I doubt Hamilton will ever turn down again :lol:

corry
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by corry » 05 Jun 2010, 14:19

Going into lap 40 of the Turkish Grand Prix - the lap Red Bull drivers Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel collided - team boss Christian Horner instructed Webber's race engineer Ciaron Pilbeam to tell Webber to allow Vettel past. Pilbeam could not bring himself to pass the message on. (Autosport magazine)

So if thats true we should be discussing red bull not mclaren :)

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 05 Jun 2010, 14:27

I think the the F1 race edit is critical in that it does expose McLaren were orchestrating the finish. I think the little scrap Button and Hamilton had the lap afterwards was a bit of theatre. McLaren probably realized that that transmission would be heard by the stewards and probably result in penalties, so they somehow got the message to Button to try and pass Hamilton, then immediately tell Button to save fuel to make it look like a legitimate fight.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Jun 2010, 15:23

"Save fuel" means "Don't overtake eachother", but saying 'save fuel' are not teamorders :zz:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

corry
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by corry » 05 Jun 2010, 16:06

Ferrariman60 wrote:I think the the F1 race edit is critical in that it does expose McLaren were orchestrating the finish. I think the little scrap Button and Hamilton had the lap afterwards was a bit of theatre. McLaren probably realized that that transmission would be heard by the stewards and probably result in penalties, so they somehow got the message to Button to try and pass Hamilton, then immediately tell Button to save fuel to make it look like a legitimate fight.
Lol i dont think mclaren wer caught saying anything like dont fight eachother,button caught hamilton and they both had a good scrap no way mclaren would risk the 1-2 by teeling them to have a scrap

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 05 Jun 2010, 20:21

JoostLamers wrote:"Save fuel" means "Don't overtake eachother", but saying 'save fuel' are not teamorders :zz:
I totally agree, every team does it and its perfectly legal. Its not team orders, that would be to directly tell them to not race or to finish in a certain position.

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 06 Jun 2010, 00:07

I have no problems at all with this. It's a teamsport, remember. They were probably thinking: the Red Bull drivers, collided together, the same is not going to happen to us. But I understand, that if your team tells you you are safe, and your teammate comes sailing passed, you're not amused. As was Hamilton afterwards.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 06 Jun 2010, 01:24

team orders will always be a part of f1.....they're disguising it cleverly now :D :)

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 06 Jun 2010, 18:49

You can hear Hamilton turn up his revs right after he is passed

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 06 Jun 2010, 19:40

:lol: it's like lewis got a candy then jenson took it away, took off the wrapper then lewis re-took the candy and stuffed it in his mouth. :lol: lots of tooks there! :p