It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 18:56

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2008/2009 Silly Season
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2008, 15:35  
F1 Legend

Well done to Nick for retaining his seat. This is good news for Kubica also, who didn't want to be Alonso's #2

Alonso to stay with Renault :O
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2008, 16:21  
Co-Admin

I m very happy to hear it ... Nick deserves every bit of it .. i hope he gets much awaited win next or even this year ;)

BMW have save themselves :p

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2008, 19:16  
GP2 Driver

megasyxx wrote:
they still have a chance, if the current safety car rule would still apply :)

seriously, i believe they can be stronger next year....just my opinion though, :D

I think they will be stronger too, but there's still the engine "problem".

With an engine weaker than everybody else's I can't see Renault as a winning team next year, they've got to solve this one way or another... :sad:

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2008, 22:59  
F1 Rookie

joostlamers wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
According to Turun Sanomat, Alonso has turned down Honda's offer and will now choose between Renault and BMW. After Alonso's rejection, Honda is after Senna and Heidfeld to replace Barrichello.

TS offers following scenario:
If Alonso goes to BMW, Honda will have to compete against STR for Heidfeld. If Alonso stays in Renault and Heidfeld in BMW, Honda will keep Barrichello or replace him with Senna and raise Bruno to be their top-gun in 2010s.

Also, Finnish newspapers have been rumouring that Sebastian Bourdais is the newest candidate for Renault.

The stories about Alonso sounds very logical. I read the Bourdais/Renault story too, but if Bourdais is a good one for Renault... :huh: But Hamilton and Kovalainen are already confirmed for 2009 at Macca a few months ago, isn't it?
And I also really hope that Bruno Senna will find an F1 team for next year. I really hope to see him in an F1 car next year, I don't mind what team he's going to drive, but I believe he can become a great driver, maybe not as good as Ayrton, but I give him a shot :thumbsup:

He`s french, that`s very important to Renault, french people still are highly nationalist, besides if they keep Alonso the 2nd driver isn`t that important, so to have an average skilled driver between Piquet or Bourdais they`ll choose the French pronto. Bruno Senna would be great, but if he stays at GP2 he`ll learn even more, maybe it`s better to win some races and a GP2 title than drag himself in the back of the grid, a test seat with a better team would be a wiser approach, just my opinion. One bad year in F1 may ruin a driver`s carreer, just look what`s happening to Piquet, a promising star.....few months later....what car will he drive in 2009 ?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 08:23  
F1 Driver

MP4/4#12 wrote:
[He`s french, that`s very important to Renault, french people still are highly nationalist, besides if they keep Alonso the 2nd driver isn`t that important, so to have an average skilled driver between Piquet or Bourdais they`ll choose the French pronto.

They've also got di Grassi to choose from, and him and PK are both Renault men. A Frenchie might be on Renault's list too, but what about Grosjean? In my view, all of this young talent completely outshines old Bourdais, and therefore Bourdais will not be getting a seat at Renault.. heaven forbid.

Quote:
what car will he [Piquet] drive in 2009?

A Renault Megane to and from test sessions at Paul Ricard. :(

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 12:15  
F1 Driver

I hope at least Renault change their driver lineup and add Di Grassi or Grosjean to Alonso. Because with everybody retaining their seats it´s a bit boring in my oppinion.
It´s also time for Rubens to step down, he has experienced everything in F1, from the greatest positive things (Hockenheim 2K) to the biggest negative things (Imola 94, almost lost his life, lost Senna). He seems very old and exhausted to me.

I also can´t understand what Fisichella´s intention with Force India is? he had been at good midfield teams at the beginning of his career (Jordan, Benetton), than drove for the 2 time constructors champion Renault, where it became very obvious, that he hasn´t got what it takes to win the drivers wc, now he´s fighting for 19th position at Force India...well done Giancarlo, just one of those guys who can´t step down.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2008, 03:40  
F1 Champion

Just heard that Bourdais is supposed to stay, with a young guy as his teammate

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2008, 10:21  
F1 Legend

Nelson Piquet has some job to do to convince Flavio Briatore to keep him in the Renault racing seat. The Japanese GP performance might have helped but he would need to follow it up with similar showings in China and back home in Brazil. Otherwise the team may turn to his fellow Brazilian Lucas di Grass
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2008, 12:44  
F1 Rookie

I think that will be a decision Flavio will make after the season. Maybe he will compare lap times of di grassi and piquet during winter testing.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2008, 15:48  
F1 Legend

Piquet yet to secure 2009 Renault drive
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71387
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2008, 13:12  
F1 Driver

His Fuji performance was surprisingly brilliant, but I think Di Grassi is the bigger talent.

I´ve got some news too, in my oppinion fantastic news. I know you guys don´t like Indycar, but I love it. Would be great to see him there as Helio´s teammate, battling against Dixon and Franchitti who drive for Ganassi next year.

Barrichello to test Penske?

Rumours abound

Oct.14 (GMM) Rubens Barrichello is set to test an Indy car following next month's Interlagos race, which could turn out to be the last grand prix of his long formula one career.

The 36-year-old Brazilian said at Fuji last weekend that the "silence" at Honda is becoming "tiresome", as he bids to remain with the Japanese team in 2009.

Honda, however, seems more likely to sign either Fernando Alonso or Bruno Senna as Jenson Button's teammate next year, raising the prospect of F1's longest-running driver career coming to an end.

It was already rumoured that Barrichello's best option outside of formula one was the premier Brazilian stock car series, which houses former Brazilian F1 racers Tarso Marques, Luciano Burti, Ricardo Zonta and Antonio Pizzonia.

But the South American motorsports portal Grande Premio claims that Barrichello is to test a Honda-powered Penske Indy car next month, possibly at the Homestead track in Florida.

Written: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:04:47

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2008, 17:09  
GP2 Driver

Probably Jenson will keep his seat for another season at Honda as now they have brawn and co :P ... that's for honda's first seat , if we remember sthg not from a long time ago Ruben adviced Bruno Senna not to join Honda as a driver and keep his GP2 seat ... few days agao Honda revealed that Bruno Senna is going to test for them ... and now the article about Rubens to test penske ...

On the other teams , Toro Rosso should keep Bourdais this guy can do what Sebastian Vettel did this season , and get Buemi or Sato and more preferably Sato to the team ...

Red Bull , BMW , Ferrari , McLaren and Force india are confirmed now ... who's left ? Williams i guess they revealed they will retain the same line up ... so Renault and Honda are the only teams left to confirm their drivers ... but i guess Fernando will keep his seat ...

Now on other news , Force India have said they are not so sure about keeping the Ferrari power on the back of their car ... meanwhile team insiders denied such rumours .. other Hand Mercedes and Honda alongside BMW and Ferrari now confirmed they are all ready to support other teams who will it be on where ? probably red Bull is going to get one of those engines and it's between Mercedes , Ferrari and BMW .. i wish they take BMW engines on :P
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2008, 17:45  
Kart Champion

Force India has yet to confirm their line-up for next year, but I think Sutil and Fisichella will get the seats for another year.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2008, 18:09  

I heard the name Paul di resta being floated around with links to Fifi

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2008, 19:40  
F1 Driver

I've heard Di Resta and Mercedes engines for Force India next year.Could be an overdue end to Fisi in F1.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next