It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 19:40

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2008/2009 Silly Season
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 18:30  
F1 Routinier

Yeah Bourdais had some awful luck, usually when he was in good positions. For example retiring from P4 near the end in Melbourne, losing out in the weather lottery at Spa after outperforming Vettel all weekend and stalling from P4 on the grid at Monza. Maybe then he could have even got a podium.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2009, 20:19  
F1 Legend

Tyre compounds for the 2009 season:

R01 ING Australian Grand Prix (Melbourne): Super Soft, Medium
R02 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix (Sepang): Soft, Hard
R03 Chinese Grand Prix (Shanghai): Super Soft, Medium
R04 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix (Sakhir): Super Soft, Medium
R05 Gran Premio de España Telefónica (Barcelona): Soft, Hard

Hulkenberg eyes race seat at Williams
Quote:
Hulkenberg eyes race seat at Williams

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, February 26th 2009, 09:50 GMT

Nico Hulkenberg, Williams FW31, Jerez testingWilliams test driver Nico Hulkenberg says he is aiming to land a racing seat with the team in the 2010 season.

The German has been the team's tester since last yearm while racing in the GP2 and GP2 Asia championships with the ART Grand Prix squad.

The 21-year-old says he wants to step up to the racing seat in the F1 team next year.

"Yes, I do want to stay with Williams in 2010 and race for them," Hulkenberg told the official Formula One website.

Hulkenberg admits, however, that his chances may be hindered now that in-season testing is banned in Formula One.

"The testing ban makes it very hard for drivers wanting to break into Formula One because we cannot get enough experience with the car or the team," he said.

"It's a fact of life though now, so we just have to deal with it. It's not an impossible situation."
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2009, 21:48  
F1 Driver

He's a perfect replacement for Rosberg when he leaves for BMW or McLaren.Works out perfectly for all sides.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009, 12:58  
kart driver

swca92 wrote:
He's a perfect replacement for Rosberg when he leaves for BMW or McLaren.Works out perfectly for all sides.

McLaren :shhh:

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2009, 10:29  
F1 Rookie

Quote:
Barrichello secures new F1 deal

Rubens Barrichello will extend his record as the most experienced Formula One driver in history this year, autosport.com has learned, after agreeing a deal to race for the soon-to-be-renamed Honda Racing outfit.

Although it is understood that a final contract has not yet been signed, high level sources close to the Brackley-based team have confirmed that the veteran Brazilian has been given the nod to line up alongside Jenson Button in 2009.

The team are awaiting the final green light from the Honda Motor Company for the imminent management buyout led by Ross Brawn and Nick Fry, and only when that happens will the 2009 deals be finalised.

It is suggested that the situation could be fully resolved by the end of this week, with the team expected to conduct a shakedown of their 2009 challenger in Britain on Friday before joining next week's final group test session at Barcelona in Spain.

"We expect to be able to make an announcement from the company and the team in the near future," the Yomiuri daily quoted a source at the company's Japan headquarters as saying.

"Honda has been making all possible efforts to avoid the worst option of having to disband the team."

Barrichello has started 267 Grands Prix in a career that stretches back to the start of the 1993 season.

Speaking to autosport.com at the end of last year, Barrichello said he was fired up to remain at the Honda Racing despite the uncertainty that had surrounded the team since December.

"I have unfinished business in F1," he said during a visit to England before Christmas to let the team know how keen he was to remain with them. "I am sure I can finish higher up, if not winning the championship. I really believe that is what I deserve.

"It would be a shame not to use the services of someone so eager to do it, plus with all the experience and the speed. It is the right time - and it comes with the willingness to do well.

"If you sign someone with the speed but whose time is over, they will set up the car differently and badly. You are 80 percent of the time going through corners, and you set up the car different compared to someone who comes and wants to go flat out.

"For me, I am still taking it flat - and sometimes this year in qualifying you have that little pimple on your skin saying 'just remember you are not a boy any more' after the corner. So it is still there very much."

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 18:11  
GP2 Driver

what a waste of an F1 seat.. Senna deserves a shot and now he is being courted to drive in DTM... wtf
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2009, 17:30  
F1 Rookie

ross brawn obviously rates barrichello highly enough to give him the seat over senna

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2009, 17:45  
Co-Admin

metalhead188 wrote:
what a waste of an F1 seat.. Senna deserves a shot and now he is being courted to drive in DTM... wtf

Senna noway ...Sato & Luizzi are much more deserving if we have go like this!

Anyways Nicolas Hülkenberg is good ... i saw A1 2006-07 :cool: ..apart from that he is associated with few important people in business :zz:

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 16:49  
car driver

metalhead188 wrote:

coup wrote:
ross brawn obviously rates barrichello highly enough to give him the seat over senna

I'm not sure that is the entire picture - I think the continuity of drivers was more of a priority for Ross Brawn considering the circumstances - 2009 will be a very tough year, and they will need all the experience they can get to get through with some decent results.

IMO A good idea - its not like a seat is going to open up in another team in 2010 really (except maybe Fisi leaving Force India, and the USF1 seats), so perhaps it gives Rubens a year to say goodbye and give some good feedback to the team, and also to get ready for a big start in 2010.

Good luck to them.

Go Red Bull F1 though, of course!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 17:45  
F1 Driver

Can't an IndyCar team give Senna a shot? That would surely be preferable for Senna as he stays in single seaters and gets good racing experience,and most of their teams need money so any sponsorship he could get would be very attractive for an Indycar team.Even GP2 I think is better than DTM,especially with some F1 tests.It could be a blessing in disguise,Honda could well be uncompetitive and he could get a good seat next year.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2009, 18:25  
F1 Routinier

Do you think having a KERS unit willl mean that the fuel tanks would have to be smaller? If yes then i would be surprise to see one stops in the race..
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2009, 18:30  

swca92 wrote:
Can't an IndyCar team give Senna a shot?.

No. That is the end of pretty much every driver. He should have had a loose contract with iSport. Looking at this years GP2 line up, bar L. Di Grassi, it is pretty weak. iSport would have played second fiddle to Honda's terms as im sure they would prefer Senna over Diego Nunes :cool:

Post subject: Re: F1 News
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009, 20:06  
F1 Champion

Design Heidfelds helmet for Nürburgring!
Spoiler:
From today, Nick Heidfeld's fans can get their creative juices flowing: the BMW Sauber F1 Team driver is asking his fans to submit innovative, striking designs for his racing helmet, which he will then wear at the German Grand Prix (10th to 12th July 2009).

Fans can send their designs to Nick's official website, www.nickheidfeld.com. After the race at the Nürburgring, the German's helmet will be up for auction, with the proceeds going to charity.

A digital design tool makes it possible to bring the colour and design of Nick's helmet to life. The best designs will be displayed in an online gallery and go through to the design competition. The winning design will be transferred onto a Schuberth Formula One helmet.

"I am looking forward to the creative designs, and am already very excited," says Heidfeld. "I am ready to be inspired. Together with my long-term helmet designer Jens Munser, I will then select the best design. The winner of the competition will then come to the paddock to personally hand me the helmet before the first free practice session on the Friday." And there is more: the winner will also receive an invitation and two gold tickets for the entire race weekend in the Eifel Mountains from the organisers of the German Grand Prix.

After the Grand Prix, the helmet will be auctioned in aid of the charity "Stiftung RTL - Wir helfen Kindern e.V.", which supports aid projects for children in Germany and abroad. The auction starts on Friday 10th July, on the evening of the second Golf Grand Prix at the Nürburgring's experience world. From then on, bids for the helmet can be sent by E-mail to auktion@spendenmarathon.de.

Code:
http://www.f1technical.net/news/12616

I have a good design :n
Spoiler:

:lol:

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009, 15:53  
GP2 Driver

Quote:
'Manufactures should just provide engines'

Former driver Hans-Joachim Stuck is pleased that the FIA's proposed €45m budget cap for 2010 is attracting the interest of new teams to the sport. Although the Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) is still yet to solve its confrontation with the FIA over the matter, the German believes that manufactures should pull out as constructors and that the added publicity from new teams is what Formula One is looking for.

With governing body the FIA set to announce the team line-up for the 2010 World Championship this Friday and F1's current five car manufacturers still unhappy over the budget cap, threats of leaving the sport still remain. "Let us be glad that it finally generates interest!" 58-year-old Stuck told Germany's Bild. "Nobody can afford to spend €300m a year and not be on the podium, but that's how life was in the past. If the new teams have good drivers and provide action on the track, no-one will cry for the 'old' F1."

With the sport's five current car manufacturers - BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault and Toyota - all in disagreement over the spending limit scheme, FIA president Max Mosley has informed that, due to sporting regulations, the rule can now only be modified once all 13 competitors of next year agree, meaning that (full, unconditional) entries would have to be submitted first. "I don't understand why Mercedes and BMW still build cars," Stuck continued. "I say: 'enough of that!'. They should limit themselves to what they do - building and selling engines.

"Mercedes is the best example; their own McLaren team now is at the back of the field and they spend a lot of money in the team. At the same time, Norbert Haug (vice president for Mercedes Motorsport) sold the (same) engine for €10m to fledgling Brawn - for that, he will be World Champion and make money from it!"

Stuck holds a similar view for the second German manufacturer, stressing the importance of national connections: "BMW should make a deal with Red Bull to supply them engines, then they would have a realistic chance to win the title with Sebastian Vettel and also gain more support from the German fans."

:zz: i simply agree
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 03:15  
kart driver

^So what you're saying is you want GP1. No thank you.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 26  Next