2009 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Miscellaneous

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2009 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Miscellaneous

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 03 Sep 2009, 16:02

Fisico to retire ? After last Grand Prix I didn't expected this tbh

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Sep 2009, 16:35

Well if he's 2010 Ferrari OTD then I guess so

adziom
car driver
car driver

Post by adziom » 05 Sep 2009, 17:58

Ferrari have no reason to hold onto Badoer as he can't do the testing with the new rules and he isn't good enough to fill in as 3rd driver, so it makes sense to take Fisi as test driver in 2010 because he is good enough to come in and do a decent enough job during testing and racing if either Massa isn't able to race from the start of 2010, or one of their drivers is unable to race at any point.

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 15 Sep 2009, 12:44

joostlamers wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:Red Bull Mercedes ... cmon, be serious. Red Bull Renault sounds much better :p
And much crappier :lol:
Mercedes for Red Bull it should be :p been suffering a lot :lol: now lets hope Cosworth new engines won't beat the Mercedes team so they will re-change it to Cosworth :lol:

Smelling some Jalousy from joost about Red Bull having Mercedes engines , affraid that lewis will be beaten by a Red Bull ? :p

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 15 Sep 2009, 16:36

Jaguar wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:Red Bull Mercedes ... cmon, be serious. Red Bull Renault sounds much better :p
And much crappier :lol:
Smelling some Jalousy from joost about Red Bull having Mercedes engines , affraid that lewis will be beaten by a Red Bull ? :p
I don't know if you're up to date with the current standings.. But Hamilton is already beaten by the Red Bulls :zz:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 17 Sep 2009, 13:00

F1 Race coverage set to improve greatly
Spoiler:
Pit’s all over as F1 ace Lewis Hamilton dumps Pussycat Dolls girlfriend Nicole

EXCLUSIVE by Dean Piper 13/09/2009

Racing driver not ready to settle down with beautiful singer Nicole Scherzinger

Formula 1 champ Lewis Hamilton has dumped his Pussycat Doll lover – telling her he is not ready for marriage and children.

The shock break-up ends months of speculation that the pair were about to get engaged.

Lewis, 24 – who starts today’s Italian Grand Prix at Monza in pole position – told Nicole Scherzinger, 31, about 10 days ago that their relationship of nearly two years was over and the chance of a reconciliation was not even open for discussion.

A source close to the couple, who met at an MTV awards bash in November 2007, told the Sunday Mirror: “Lewis was adamant the relationship had come to an end.

“He was feeling under pressure to take their union to the next level and he wasn’t wanting to become engaged, get married or think about having children.

“He’s young, they spend an awful lot of time apart and he’s just not ready to leave his youth behind for a lifetime with Nicole.

“He found the tribulations of having a long-distance relationship very challenging indeed.

“Nicole’s mortified – she imagined being with Lewis for a long time and she’s shocked that things have ended so suddenly.” The parting of ways will have dramatic consequences on the Pussycat Dolls star’s work schedule.

She was due to be hosting the F1 Rocks pop concert in Singapore in a fortnight.

But sources in Los Angeles say the star immediately pulled out of compering the event that will see Beyoncé Knowles and the Black Eyed Peas perform over the three days surrounding the Singapore Grand Prix.
:lol: :lol:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 17 Sep 2009, 13:33

shail69 wrote: F1 Race coverage set to improve greatly

Formula 1 champ Lewis Hamilton has dumped his Pussycat Doll lover – telling her he is not ready for marriage and children.

The shock break-up ends months of speculation that the pair were about to get engaged.

Lewis, 24 – who starts today’s Italian Grand Prix at Monza in pole position – told Nicole Scherzinger, 31, about 10 days ago that their relationship of nearly two years was over and the chance of a reconciliation was not even open for discussion.

A source close to the couple, who met at an MTV awards bash in November 2007, told the Sunday Mirror: “Lewis was adamant the relationship had come to an end.

“He was feeling under pressure to take their union to the next level and he wasn’t wanting to become engaged, get married or think about having children.

“He’s young, they spend an awful lot of time apart and he’s just not ready to leave his youth behind for a lifetime with Nicole.

“He found the tribulations of having a long-distance relationship very challenging indeed."
My god, it sounds like a bleedin' contract negotiation. AUTOMATONS.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Cheating with engines

Post by shailf1 » 18 Sep 2009, 14:05

I've read in other forum that in Autosprint magazine there is an article with a sonometry analysis about two cars. With the results their engines works at 20000 rpm, while the engines in F1 must work only until 18000 rpm. A new scandal in F1 with the FIA permission. What engines work at 20000 rpm?
Does someone have this magazine and can verify this?
http://www.autosprint.it/auto/indexR...AutoSprint.asp

There was something interesting that came out of last week's race. Apparently some teams that don't have KERS have some sort of button that allows the engine to rev higher than normal for a few seconds. According to the talking heads, the engines are REV limited under normal operation so that they are not as taxed and therefore can last the required number of races. This button apparently allows the rev limiter to be overcome for a few seconda and help the car in overtaking of to prevent being overtaken.
And I am sure I heard team radio telling a driver to press the overtake button at Monza...Force India I am sure.....

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Cheating with engines

Post by hannibal_rising » 18 Sep 2009, 14:53

shail69 wrote:I've read in other forum that in Autosprint magazine there is an article with a sonometry analysis about two cars. With the results their engines works at 20000 rpm, while the engines in F1 must work only until 18000 rpm. A new scandal in F1 with the FIA permission. What engines work at 20000 rpm?
Does someone have this magazine and can verify this?
http://www.autosprint.it/auto/indexR...AutoSprint.asp

There was something interesting that came out of last week's race. Apparently some teams that don't have KERS have some sort of button that allows the engine to rev higher than normal for a few seconds. According to the talking heads, the engines are REV limited under normal operation so that they are not as taxed and therefore can last the required number of races. This button apparently allows the rev limiter to be overcome for a few seconda and help the car in overtaking of to prevent being overtaken.
And I am sure I heard team radio telling a driver to press the overtake button at Monza...Force India I am sure.....

I'll try to buy it to see what it says... :wave:

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Cheating with engines

Post by sdutt » 18 Sep 2009, 15:42

shail69 wrote: And I am sure I heard team radio telling a driver to press the overtake button at Monza...Force India I am sure.....
but there is a high probability that following Kimi for so long, they had reduced their engine revs to save the engine, and towards the latter stages of the race, they told sutil to put it back to max in order to try to overtake as there was no risk to engine

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 18 Sep 2009, 15:55

http://twitter.com/PIJANE/status/4056700179
The UK's leading female Investigation Agency serving Private, Legal and Commercial clients wrote:Served legal papers on a very high profile F1 driver
:lol:

:huh:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 18 Sep 2009, 21:30

It wouldn't surprise me if F1 teams were developing their engines still, to the point where they get beyond the rev limit, and if it's like you say, perhaps without the FIA able to recognize it.
Off-Topic: show
I'm liking the name change "shailf1"... :)

Although when I became a mod I was (and still am) keen on the dark blue writing, and keen on the 9 blue helmets.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 19 Sep 2009, 21:14

I bought the magazine with the article about the RPM in Monza. This is my (gross) translation:
Doubts about the regularity of the RPM

Two cars would have engines running at near 20000 RPM, and What FIA does? Look at it and say nothing.

Saturday afternoon. Qualification has ended. Two Italians technical stewards that has to control with phonometers the RPM of the engines lap by lap give Charlie Whiting the huge amount of data compiled. “Thank you, you've done an excellent job” said the FIA technician, “But really....” said a steward. “Thank you very much, good job” said the Englishman again and close the conversation, taking the information and closing the door of the FIA's car. “But we would have two irregular cars, that according to our instruments have a rotation near the 20000 RPM” say one of them, with Whitman that cannot hear him anymore.
Sunday afternoon, some moments before the race. Two Renault's technicians with phonometric instruments take positions along the circuit to control all the engines during the race. Why they do it? In the Paddock is exploding the engines revolutions' fever. The limit is 18000, but seems that with the arrival of the superfast tracks some teams are by-passing the limit. Considering the improvement from Spa to Monza, it would be easy to think in the Force India and the Mercedes engine, which in Italy places 6 engines in the Q3. Renault controls with their owns phonometers. Why? Maybe to use it in the next world council to show that the FIA cannot survey over the technical regulations? Domenicali after SPA has bring to attention the quick improvement that certain engines have obtained in fuel consumption, which will be mayor issue next year when refueling will disappear.
But the maximum rotation is a different story. With the electronic unified this would be an infraction easy to find. When the constructors' technicians control the units it should be evident. But the questions remains Has a constructor been more skilled to find a gap in the regulations that in the paper restrict the engines to be equal to those of March 2008?. Renault last year had remain sleeping not doing any change till the FIA concede them some upgrades to recover the 30-35 HP that lacked. Now it seems that this GAP has returned in favor of another team.
Then, there is the suffering from some teams that don't enjoy that a Team that use to be in the last row constantly have let them behind. Monza is a track about power, where more HP are needed because the aerodynamic is the same for everyone. It is said that in Suzuka Toyota's engines would have a increased rotation, because a victory at home could eliminate any thought about leave the F1. The Italians stewards have crashed against the federal wall, or maybe the FIA is working in the same problem. We will hear more about it.

(Cesare Maria Mannucci) Autosprint year XLVIII, week 15-21 September 2009
If you ask me... I think it was BMW... the sound was different. :O :wave:

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 20 Sep 2009, 13:14

hannibal_rising wrote:I bought the magazine with the article about the RPM in Monza. This is my (gross) translation:
Doubts about the regularity of the RPM

Two cars would have engines running at near 20000 RPM, and What FIA does? Look at it and say nothing.

Saturday afternoon. Qualification has ended. Two Italians technical stewards that has to control with phonometers the RPM of the engines lap by lap give Charlie Whiting the huge amount of data compiled. “Thank you, you've done an excellent job” said the FIA technician, “But really....” said a steward. “Thank you very much, good job” said the Englishman again and close the conversation, taking the information and closing the door of the FIA's car. “But we would have two irregular cars, that according to our instruments have a rotation near the 20000 RPM” say one of them, with Whitman that cannot hear him anymore.
Sunday afternoon, some moments before the race. Two Renault's technicians with phonometric instruments take positions along the circuit to control all the engines during the race. Why they do it? In the Paddock is exploding the engines revolutions' fever. The limit is 18000, but seems that with the arrival of the superfast tracks some teams are by-passing the limit. Considering the improvement from Spa to Monza, it would be easy to think in the Force India and the Mercedes engine, which in Italy places 6 engines in the Q3. Renault controls with their owns phonometers. Why? Maybe to use it in the next world council to show that the FIA cannot survey over the technical regulations? Domenicali after SPA has bring to attention the quick improvement that certain engines have obtained in fuel consumption, which will be mayor issue next year when refueling will disappear.
But the maximum rotation is a different story. With the electronic unified this would be an infraction easy to find. When the constructors' technicians control the units it should be evident. But the questions remains Has a constructor been more skilled to find a gap in the regulations that in the paper restrict the engines to be equal to those of March 2008?. Renault last year had remain sleeping not doing any change till the FIA concede them some upgrades to recover the 30-35 HP that lacked. Now it seems that this GAP has returned in favor of another team.
Then, there is the suffering from some teams that don't enjoy that a Team that use to be in the last row constantly have let them behind. Monza is a track about power, where more HP are needed because the aerodynamic is the same for everyone. It is said that in Suzuka Toyota's engines would have a increased rotation, because a victory at home could eliminate any thought about leave the F1. The Italians stewards have crashed against the federal wall, or maybe the FIA is working in the same problem. We will hear more about it.

(Cesare Maria Mannucci) Autosprint year XLVIII, week 15-21 September 2009
If you ask me... I think it was BMW... the sound was different. :O :wave:
thanks for that.. but it does not clarify things,does it. Seems like this controversy will come to being next year in the same way the piquetgate came out this year.
TwistedArmco wrote:
I'm liking the name change "shailf1"... :)
Thanks for that.. needed to get rid of that number. :p