It is currently 24 Aug 2017, 06:42

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Boycott watching F1 coverage of Italian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2008, 23:20  
car driver

shail69 wrote:
Kimitheiceman wrote:
I've been following the whole affair for a couple of days now, and what I noticed was that not a single McLaren fan even considered the possibility that Lewis did gain an advantage.
And I think that we're never going to agree with each other in any way.

McLaren fans support their camp, while Ferrari fans will support the penalty.
And it doesn't matter who's right or wrong, the point is that in ten years from now the opinions will still be the same, simply because fans cannot be objective in matter like these.

So If you want to boycott the italian GP, be my guest. But I think this is starting to get ridiculous.
I will, however, enjoy the Italian GP (weekend).

+1

Love your avatar btw. the two best drivers Ferrari ever had, and have in Felipe's case ;)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2008, 06:43  
Co-Admin

Joli.Killer wrote:
It's always a disgrace when the result of a race is altered by the stewards. In Valencia it sure looked like Ferrari would get penalized for the pit lane mess up but the steward made a good decision and let go with a fine. However, Massa shouldn't be the one to get the fine, it should have been the team. A fine was a good choice since this incident didn't affect the race.

Who said massa was fined :huh: From the day one it was TEAM ..official report clearly states it.And if its not enough
Offense : Breech of Article 23.1 (1) i.e. "It is the responsibility of the competitor to release his car after a pit stop only when it is safe to do so."

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2008, 07:28  
F1 Driver

FIA or Stewards - Do whatever you can in your capacity to bring down Lewis & Mclaren ..

You impose a fine of 100 million .. Cripple 20% of their budget & then slap them with ridiculous penalties ? Is this all you can do FIA ?

Immaterial of whatever FIA does or whether Lewis goes on to win the title .. I think Team Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes has demonstrated courage and might to fight back the FIA against all odds. That makes me proud to be a supporter of VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES team ..

Whether they win this championship or not - Team Mclaren has simply proved that a bugging a FIA president and his mercenaries cannot bring down a team. I sincerely hope Mclaren carry on a personal vendetta against Max and get him thrown out of his FIA post.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2008, 10:18  
kart driver

I don´t boykott Monza. Because Hamilton led Raikkonen pass but just in that moment Lewis startet the move. I think that is the case so the stewards speak out the penalty. Surly Lewis had no pressure, he would have cought Kimi after the eau rouge. So the move of Lewis was abslutely unnessecary.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2008, 11:05  
car driver

sanredrose wrote:
FIA or Stewards - Do whatever you can in your capacity to bring down Lewis & Mclaren ..

You impose a fine of 100 million .. Cripple 20% of their budget & then slap them with ridiculous penalties ? Is this all you can do FIA ?

Immaterial of whatever FIA does or whether Lewis goes on to win the title .. I think Team Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes has demonstrated courage and might to fight back the FIA against all odds. That makes me proud to be a supporter of VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES team ..

Whether they win this championship or not - Team Mclaren has simply proved that a bugging a FIA president and his mercenaries cannot bring down a team. I sincerely hope Mclaren carry on a personal vendetta against Max and get him thrown out of his FIA post.

100 million...Mclaren just keeps asking for penalties with their moves and everything.
If they had a more sensitive driver instead of Lewis then at least half of the penalties wouldn't have happend.
As for that 100 million and disqualification from last year....more then justified.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2008, 13:33  
F1 Driver

Kimitheiceman wrote:
sanredrose wrote:

100 million...Mclaren just keeps asking for penalties with their stupid moves and everything.
If they had a moore sensitive driver instead of Lewis then atleast half of the penalties wouldn't have happend.
As for that 100 million and disqualification from last year....more then justified.

You are free to express your opinion but you cannot attack my opinion or position. First read whatever Fergie1 has posted in his first post for this read. Moreover his drive in Silverstone is a benchmark for any sensible wet weather drive in the future.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2008, 14:42  
car driver

I've always been a Ferrari fan, and Michael, but that doesn't mean I'm anti Mclaren.
I just think that Mclaren has changed allot, in a bad way, since Mika and Kimi left the stage at Mclaren.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 14:15  

Out of curiosity, as I don't think anyone's frustration lasted for a week, did anyone boycott watching this great race today? :tired:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 15:05  
F1 Driver

AzShadow wrote:
Out of curiosity, as I don't think anyone's frustration lasted for a week, did anyone boycott watching this great race today? :tired:

Exactly the question I was going to ask. :p

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 15:06  
F1 Legend

short Answer: NO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 16:00  
F1 Driver

I saw Fergie in the race forum defending Lewis' move on Glock passionately. Frustration may be converted into passion in the rain :p

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 17:48  
F1 Driver

Hamilton did the right thing.
He knew he'd get penaty for cutting the corner, he gave the position back to kimi.
Then over took raikkonen to win.
Totally fair i would say.

I didnt boycott, but i still think the penalty should be taken away.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 18:05  
F1 Legend

[mod]Topic Locked[/mod]
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3