What's wrong with Kimi???

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

What's wrong with Kimi???

Post by HandoZiZle » 05 Aug 2008, 00:38

I'm not talking about performance wise, although it is questionable, but i'm talking the actual guy himself. First it was assaulting a photographer for steping on his bag, then knocking down a little girl for wanting an autograph. Now there's a problem because Kimi is wearing an Alpinestar suit when Ferrari is obviously sponsored by Puma. What's wrong with Kimi lately is he just getting sick of F1 or something???

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: What's wrong with Kimi???

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Aug 2008, 03:04

Nah definitely not .. He is just getting a little irritated because he is not getting results & unhappy with the car setup... That's all if he wins a race things will fall in place ..

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 05 Aug 2008, 03:21

I thought it was alpinestar but actually that's not an alpinestar suit, it's puma but has a similar model to alpinestar, there is a puma logo beside his name in the suit.

I think he just unhappy with the car setup, and we knew that Massa was very fast in qualifying, that makes things goes even worse for Kimi.

But Kimi clearly faster in the race, and with the fastest lap in Hungary I hope "the real" Kimi Raikkonen is back now.
Last edited by raikkonen4ever on 05 Aug 2008, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

Unknown
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Unknown » 05 Aug 2008, 04:11

raikkonen4ever wrote:I thought it was alpinestar but actually that's not an alpinestar suit, it's puma but has a similar model to alpinestar, there is a puma logo beside his name in the suit.
Actually its the other way round it is in fact an alpinestar suit but with puma logos outside.

pumon
car driver
car driver

Post by pumon » 05 Aug 2008, 04:22

kimi is the best hope he will get the best qualify soon.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 05 Aug 2008, 09:13

Unknown wrote:
raikkonen4ever wrote:I thought it was alpinestar but actually that's not an alpinestar suit, it's puma but has a similar model to alpinestar, there is a puma logo beside his name in the suit.
Actually its the other way round it is in fact an alpinestar suit but with puma logos outside.

Thanks for the information :thumbsup:
The suit looks better than the Puma though

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 05 Aug 2008, 14:32

Yeah that suit fits him alot better compared to the Puma's. I just hope he can go to his old self after the break because his race pace is pretty good but qualifying is horrible. I just can't imagine what would happen if Lewis win this year. BTW Kimi already have a couple of fastest laps this year.

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 05 Aug 2008, 16:48

he's always good in scoring fastest laps. 2005 he scored 10 fastest laps (record, together with michael schumacher) and this season he has already 7.
But have you noticed that he hasn't won a GP since Spain ? I don't want to say that he has lost his pace or something, but 7 consecutive races without a win is a long time...

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 05 Aug 2008, 17:03

Arrows_F1 wrote:he's always good in scoring fastest laps. 2005 he scored 10 fastest laps (record, together with michael schumacher) and this season he has already 7.
But have you noticed that he hasn't won a GP since Spain ? I don't want to say that he has lost his pace or something, but 7 consecutive races without a win is a long time...
But yet he's still in second place and only 5 points off going into the break and a new street circuit :huh: Seriously Kimi, drink as much as you can during the break and come back refreshed.

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 05 Aug 2008, 18:52

Stay away from Kimi! :<>: :nosweat: No, but seriously, I'm getting sick and tired of peple questioning his motivation and stuff just because he's not winning at the moment. I mean, heck, if he made it through those terrible McLaren days when the car was either too slow or broke down after a few laps in practice or to detached wings, blown engines, broken suspensions or driveshafts happening at he worst of moments and all that s***, he can surely make it this time, right?

He's got one problem, and a serious one at that, these Bridgestone tyres and maybe the car that is a bit too understeery for his liking. And no, I'm not making excuses for the guy, but as we've seen in the past with Monty or Alonso and more recently with Heidfeld, if you're not 100% confident in the package you have then you'r enot gonna drive it to the limit and show your real speed. People don't just go c**p in one day.

But yeah, like Kimi says, it's the same for everybody, so what he has to do is work even harder in improving his quali performances, have a long sit down with the engineers and see what they could do to fix it. I remember it worked last year from France onwards with the new clutch that helped him a lot with his starts so why not this time? But they have to react and they have to do it now, cause time is running out (lol, my Muse fan side revealed here).

And to add to that, F1 fans and armchair experts should maybe start looking at the bigger picture and stop it with this flavour of the week praising or bashing threads. All three drivers at the top of the standings have had s*** days, mistakes and some bad luck at times, so let's just enjoy the close competition and stop taking turns at bashing them. It's all just a sport after all :cheezy:

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 05 Aug 2008, 20:10

HandoZiZle wrote:... then knocking down a little girl for wanting an autograph...
I saw a video about this. The little girl ran into a woman, who wanted an autograph from kimi, so it had nothing to do with him.

here's the link: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=vMBP1T_jw ... re=related

fclen
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by fclen » 06 Aug 2008, 01:52

Arrows_F1 wrote:
HandoZiZle wrote:... then knocking down a little girl for wanting an autograph...
I saw a video about this. The little girl ran into a woman, who wanted an autograph from kimi, so it had nothing to do with him.

Notice how Kimi actually swerves to avoid the child and the reporter knocks her down.

Tochi
car driver
car driver

Post by Tochi » 06 Aug 2008, 03:16

fclen wrote:
Arrows_F1 wrote:

Notice how Kimi actually swerves to avoid the child and the reporter knocks her down.
And notice how he turns around to look but keeps on walking. :cheezy:

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 06 Aug 2008, 03:39

OK, i guess the "little girl case" wasn't his fault because that was the first time i've ever seen that video. It was that dumb lady's fault. But pushing down a photographer is just plain rude in my opinion. And remember, i'm not bashing him as a driver this season at all. I just rememeber Kimi being the nice quiet guy. O well, we'll see in Valencia :shhh:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 06 Aug 2008, 15:26

HandoZiZle wrote:OK, i guess the "little girl case" wasn't his fault because that was the first time i've ever seen that video. It was that dumb lady's fault. But pushing down a photographer is just plain rude in my opinion. And remember, i'm not bashing him as a driver this season at all. I just rememeber Kimi being the nice quiet guy. O well, we'll see in Valencia :shhh:
The photographer incident wasn't exactly Kimi's fault either. Go on Cahier's website.. It's a complete whitewash in favour of Hamilton. I wouldn't be surprised if, because Kimi is Hamilton's title rival, Cahier was trying to psyche him. And he is standing on kimi's stuff.
[u][url=http://www.f1-photo.com/]Paul Henri Cahier[/url][/u] wrote: "When my wife saw the drive-through penaly inflicted upon Lewis Hamilton in Magny Cours, she told me she simply turned off the TV... and I suspect she was not alone. Some obviously think that the race track should be considered as an extension of the public road, and Formula 1 drivers threatened with losing their racing license, lest they conform strictly to a growing number of rules and their strict application. I believe that Formula 1 should be all about racing, about risk taking, audacity, courage. I love it when the smell of racing is in the air, and I hate it when cops with big sticks are beating upon race drivers doing what they should be doing, racing."

TA: In favour very much of Hamilton.. and..

"Yes, red lights are red lights... But an F1 Grand Prix race is not a journey on public road. And that's precisely why people watch races, because for an hour and a half they are part of a world where speed reigns, and driving rules are simple; hard to understand why F1 machines should be waiting at a red light... The interesting part was the karmic aspect of the story: Kimi ran into Sutil in Monaco, while Hamilton won; two weeks later Sutil sets off the safety car procedure in Canada, the leaders pit, and Hamilton, who is Sutil's buddy, runs into Kimi!"

TA: In other words, "why wasn't Kimi punished for the Sutil incident?" and..

"The intense and pure joy expressed by Lewis Hamilton after winning his first Monaco Grand Prix brought us back to the fundamentals of what racing should be all about: passing and winning. It's that simple, really, and some drivers should try to remember that... In that respect, Lewis' subsequent reference to Ayrton Senna was more that fitting: indeed the young Englishman seems to have it all: sheer speed, risk-taking, exhilaration...and the yellow helmet! Too bad this rejoicing was slightly spoiled by Kimi Raikkonen's driving mistake which deprived Adrian Sutil of a fourth place reward after a sublime race at the wheel of the modest Force India!"
I'm sorry, but Cahier loves Hamilton and dislikes Kimi. Kimi hasn't become bad overnight. It's just that unfortunate situations like the ones that you mentioned HandoZiZle have given the press weak spots to pick on. Very much like Massa, Hamilton or Alonso, or indeed any other top driver has.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.