It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 09:08

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are Michael Schumacher's greatest drives?
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2008, 13:06  
F1 Driver

short reply to the "ironic" replies:

Indianapolis 2005: - Ok it was 100% Michael´s fault, that Michelin brought the wrong tyre and for sure he should have refused to start the race and breach his contracts with Ferrari and Bernie, while the other 5 Bridgestone cars had every right to start, of course! Shame on you Michael.

Austria 2002: - Not only was Michael driving for Ferrari, no he was also Team principal and technical director and called Rubens on the radio during the race and threatend him to let him (Michael) pass for the championship. Of course it was Michael´s sole decision and everybody at Ferrari was just following his orders, because they didn´t have a team principal, technical director and race engineer.
Of course, Jean Todt and Ross Brawn weren´t involved and would never arrange such orders.
AND of course other drivers like Alonso or Kimi would have refused to overtake their teammates after receiving the orders and in case of need wuld have waited until everybody went past him, instead of overtaking the terammate.

( I hope you like my irony :) )

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2008, 22:57  
car driver

Brazil 2006
Hungary 1998
Belgium 1997
Argentina 1998
Monza 2000
Belgium 1992
Spain 1996
China 2006
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 19:38  
F1 Driver

vengat_nathan wrote:
i remember vaguely guys... schumi's refuelling rig got fire in tat race...canada or us gp???

Austria 2003

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 18:45  
car driver

Hungary 1998 gets my vote!

The fact he won 3 races in the 'red dog' in 1996 is amazing though!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2008, 23:36  
F1 Driver

I´ve just re-watched Suzuka 98, He moved from 21st to 7th in 4 laps!

Murray Walker described it as "meteoric drive" :)

He was really out of this world at times...
Sadly he´s also done a couple of bad things, but we´re all no angels, aren´t we? :)

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2008, 08:40  
F1 Driver

Yes but when we do bad things we don't take out people on purpose so they don't win world championship's... :O
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2008, 12:41  
F1 Driver

swca92 wrote:
Yes but when we do bad things we don't take out people on purpose so they don't win world championship's... :O

Yap, you´re right. Hedid it in Adelaide and tried to do it in Jerez. I don´t know, how I would behave in the Adelaide situation to be honest, because I can´t imagine all the pressure beeing on my shoulders. Of course I would say he should have settled for second and try it again in 95. But I´m saying this while I´m sitting in front of my computer, beeing in a deciding race, reacting in hundrets of seconds is a completely different thing.
Of course winning it that way isn´t good, but I think the mentality in those days was a bit different, Prost did the same thing with Senna and Senna did it a year later.

Jerez 97 was absolute c**p, no doubt about that. Especially after 94 when he got away with it and his reputation wasn´t hurt that badly, he shouldn´t have done it. I think Jerez hurt his reputation about 10 times more than Adelaide.
But Michael knows it better than anyaone else, that it was just terrible behaviour at Jerez. And he openly admitted it a few times on german television in 2004 and 2006, that he regrets it and wouldn´t do it again.

hat´s what I wanted to say with "We´re all no angels." He´s done wrong things, but he´s also done some brilliant things, on and off the race track. I think it´s impossible to understand people like him. Ju can just love them or hate them.
The one thing I really detest about him and I´m really ashamed of as the big fan I am, is the podium scene at Imola 94.
I was so shocked when I saw that and very angry. I mean how can you smile and be happy when one of your driver colleagues has been sent to hospital via helicopter?! I will never understand that. Maybe they told him Ayrton is gonna be alright, but still I wouldn´t smile or something like that. On the other hand he was ambassador for unicef and helped a lot of children, he didn´t have private scandals and he once donated 10 million dollars after the tsunami. So he seems to be a nice and open hearted guy privately. Murray Walker once confirmed that.
So I love him for all the brilliant moments he gave me. And as a fanm, you tend to rate the good moments higher and forgive the bad moments earlier than a nutral viewer, so please be patient with me :thumbsup:

But back to Japan 98: Why didn´t they put the safety car out after the Nakano-Takagi crash? It was a big one, with lots of debry on the track and two wrecks in a braking zone. I think it was a bad decision by the race control.
They put the safety car out a couple of times that season, not as much as today, but still it was a safety car situation in my oppinion. And who knows, with Mika-Eddie-Michael directly behind the safety car, he might even have won the championship that year. I´m not blaming the race control, but I just can´t understand why they didn´t put it out. Today they would put it out 100% surely.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 14:08  
car driver

There are too much great drives of Michael Schumacher, but if I had to decide on one that would be Spa 95.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2008, 10:06  
F1 Routinier

Spain 1994
Spa 1995
Spain 1996
Japan 1998
Austria 2003
Hungary 2004 - Total Domination
China 2006

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 16:06  
F1 Rookie

my personal favourites would be: hungary 1998, china 2006 and Austria 2003

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 02:50  
kart driver

My personal favourite drives by Michael Schumacher have to be:

Belgium 1995: 13th-1st, in an amazing dry/wet race.
Spain 1996: Amazing how he was able to drive so cleanly in those conditions
Austria 2003: How many drivers can claim to have their cars on fire and still win a race? I can only think of Schumacher. Great drive though!

I really liked him as a driver, I even got a book signed by him. However, due to some events, I don't think he was the best driver.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2009, 16:49  
F1 Rookie

cformula1 wrote:
Spain 1994
Spa 1995
Spain 1996
Japan 1998
Austria 2003
Hungary 2004 - Total Domination
China 2006

Agreed :laugh1:

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 07:33  
F1 Routinier

swca92 wrote:

Yes but we are not THAT important, either :D

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2009, 13:49  
car driver

I'm not a fan of him but his win at Spa 1992 was brilliant
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2009, 22:05  
F1 Rookie

His last one......finally he was out of F1.......
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next