Rookie Performances of 2008. Pls Evaluate...

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Rookie Performances of 2008. Pls Evaluate...

Post by Sanredrose » 30 Jun 2008, 04:13

We have seen some new drivers in the helm of good racing cars this year. Some have made an impact & some haven't .. So lets us have a small discussion about rookies & semi-rookies who do you think would perform well in the future years !!

Lets us first consider the following pool of drivers : [ Nelson Piquet, Timo Glock, Sebastian Vettel, Sebastian Bourdais, Nakajima, Adrian Sutil]

1. How do you rate the performance of these drivers ? Please feel free to add instances where these rookie's if at all, they have managed to impress you !
2. Where do you see them to be in the next 3 - 4 years ?
3. How good is their performance in comparison with their experienced team-mates ?
4. Do you think these guys can be a serious threat to title contenders like Lewis, Kimi, Massa, Kubica .. if they are given a car with equal performance ?
5. Give your suggestions on which Team they should be looking to move in the future years.

Feel free to add any driver i might have missed here !! Flag:##

coup
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Rookie Performances of 2008. Pls Evaluate...

Post by coup » 30 Jun 2008, 07:31

I think that sutil and vettel are future world champions.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 30 Jun 2008, 08:43

1. How do you rate the performance of these drivers ?
They all did a great job so far, but I'm totally not impressed with Nelson Piquet performance, I know that his car is slow, but he's totally outpaced by Alonso. I was impressed by Vettel and Sutil performance (despite Sutil is not a rookie this year) they should be the champion in the future. Nakajima and Glock is getting better and better every race, overall Vettel and Sutil has got the better skill compare to the others

They would still make a surprise, maybe one of them would get the first podium or even win, but if Vettel goes to Ferrari at 2010 maybe we will see the youngest champion in F1 history

3. How good is their performance in comparison with their experienced team-mates ?
Vettel has made a worse start to the season, but now after STR03 launched he managed to outpaced his teammate, Sutil has made a great job as well, Nakajima is starting to show his talent but still outpaced by Rosberg, Glock still needs more race experience to beat Jarno Trulli

4. Do you think these guys can be a serious threat to title contenders like Lewis, Kimi, Massa, Kubica .. if they are given a car with equal performance ?
If they were use the same car as the top drivers, they will give them a hard time. All F1 drivers almost have an equal driving skill, but it's all came down to the car's performance

5. Give your suggestions on which Team they should be looking to move in the future years
Sutil may end up in the Renault or BMW, Vettel should go to Ferrari if Kimi retire at the end of 2009, Piquet may not have a race seat for next season, and Nakajima should stay at Willliams

TheViewer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by TheViewer » 01 Jul 2008, 21:05

1. How do you rate the performance of these drivers ? Please feel free to add instances where these rookie's if at all, they have managed to impress you !
Vettel and Nakajima have been the best of the bunch. I think Vettel has shown good speed, and Nakajima good consistency. I think Glock soon could be added to the list but he is still finding his feet. Piquet has been poor, Sutil very poor (apart from Monaco but unfortunately all the other races are held elsewhere), and Bourdais a slow match for Vettel.

Vettel, Glock and Nakajima in F1, the others will have gone to race in America with the rejects!

Out of the rookies only Vettel has been consistently above their teammate and Bourdais has limited F1 experience. In a way we expect the rookies to be slower, and it's the drivers who are quicker who we notice, so it is sad that the other rookies haven't been faster.

No doubt Vettel could do it because he can drive the Torro Rosso faster than the Red Bull cars on occassions. I believe Glock could be quick. Otherwise I think the other guys would be slow in fast cars, but Nakajima could be a good Ferrari number 2 driver, because he's quite quick but wouldn't be challenging for race wins.

5. Give your suggestions on which Team they should be looking to move in the future years.
The teams with the fastest cars!

That's how I see it! Would be nice to hear other opinions.

honda06
car driver
car driver

Post by honda06 » 23 Jul 2008, 23:52

1. How do you rate the performance of these drivers ?
Vettel has stood out by far, have been really disapointed with bourdais, nakajema has been suprisingly good

Vettel tile challanger, bourdais in tourers, nakajima cud do a sato

Vettel is better than bourdais,
Nakajima is qualifying poorer than nico, but is nearer in races
Piquet is gettin battered by alonso in all areas,

Vettel has a chance cus he is the only rookie i fancy to still be around in 3-4 yrs time

5. Give your suggestions on which Team they should be looking to move in the future years
Vettel cud still be at red bull judging on whether they become competitive...

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 24 Jul 2008, 14:01

Very well presented topic by the way. Nice on Sanred'.

Piquet- 1) He's doing ok, was lucky to finish second at hock, but was very good in keeping his head. Has done ok in a c**p car. 2) I think he will retain his Renault seat for next year, and go to a smaller team after that. 3) Alonso has pasted him, and was so unlucky to have Piquet benefit from the safety car when Piquet was upwards of 20 seconds behind him on the road. 4) No. He can win a race, if it's a fluke race. But not otherwise. No championship, either. 5) Toyota or someone will poach him when he gets experience.

Glock- 1) He isn't doing too badly. Sometimes threatens the top ten, sometimes even his team-mate. Canada impressed me very much. Often very pacy. 2) He may get a second chance at Toyota, maybe alongside PK or Giorgio Pantano. 3) Trulli usually beats him, which is fair enough - Trulli is in his best ever season. 4) No. Glock can be consistent, but will never get into a race winning car. 5) He will stay at Toyota, maybe be hired by another midfield team.

Vettel- 1) Has done magnificently in a car about as good as the Renault. He has sometimes eaten Alonso, and often beaten Piquet, and barring misfortune, always his team-mate. Monaco was great, Hock and Montreal very good too. 2) Obviously going to Red Bull next year, probably on a two year contract, he will be poached by Ferrari. 3) Bourdais is no-one, Vettel is some-one, and has pretty much pasted him. 4) Yes. He can win a championship, put in a Ferrari that's good. He will be a future multiple race-winner. 5) Ferrari need him, want him. I guess for 2011.

Bourdais- 1) Not much to say. Has been trashed by Vettel, completely anonymous. 2) America/Sportscars. 3) Vettel isn't experienced. Vettel has outperformed him utterly, despite Vettel's bad luck. At Canada, Vettel and Button starting from the pitlane, overtook Bourdais by the third lap. On a track Bourdais knows. 4) No, he is mediocre. 5) He should try and get a second season at STR, and dominate whoever replaces Vettel there (Buemi, Alguesuari, Hartley?) He needs to prove he is good, but he will probably fail in even renewing his contract.

Nakajima- 1) It's hard to really tell with Nakajima. He is fast, but furious. He can put in entirely mistake free performances (Monaco - superb) and then at other places he can't (Canada, Britain). Who can really tell. Mind you, he is equalling Rosberg, and is def. on the positive side of my opinion. 2) Maybe follow the Toyota engines. He needs a dependable drive. 3) Very good indeed. He is on a par with Rosberg, in an odd Williams which is alternately fast and nowhere. 4) No. 5) Like I said Toyota, or staying with Frank would be good options. He deserves to stay for at least three years.

Sutil isn't really a rookie, and is not a future race winner.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.