Reasons why people dislike Lewis Hamilton?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
MansellRed5
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Reasons why people dislike Lewis Hamilton?

Post by MansellRed5 » 24 Jul 2008, 16:54

honda06 wrote:i feel people dislike him in the same way people disliked schumi... because he is the best driver n looks like dominating for years to come
I disagree. I don't think Lewis is the best driver in the field at the moment. He's one of the best, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't have the outright title of 'Best Driver' yet in my opinion. He'll probably hold that title at some point in the future though.

However, ITV have considered him to be the class of the field since Melbourne last year and every single race since! :<>:

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 28 Jul 2008, 12:12

MansellRed5 wrote:
honda06 wrote:i feel people dislike him in the same way people disliked schumi... because he is the best driver n looks like dominating for years to come
I disagree. I don't think Lewis is the best driver in the field at the moment. He's one of the best, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't have the outright title of 'Best Driver' yet in my opinion. He'll probably hold that title at some point in the future though.

However, ITV have considered him to be the class of the field since Melbourne last year and every single race since! :<>:
You should never take ITV into account ! They completely base their telecast on British drivers ! Before Lewis it was Jenson all the way .. Try Speed telecast or Star Sports, they would give you a much better commentary and description which covers the various aspects of F1 as on date !

Though i am a Mclaren fan i too don't think he is simply the best .. He needs to learn a lot. Think of Michael Schumacher and his infalliable 2004 WDC ! I think that's the target for any F1 driver ..

alonso5
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alonso5 » 28 Jul 2008, 17:55

I really dislike hamilton, his father too. Both of them are so arrogant and conceited. It's like their attitude from the first race has been Lewis is the best, the other drivers don't even deserve to share the track him, just give him the title and forego all this 'nonsense' of driving 18 circuits a year to determine the champ.
That is why I don't like him
Even schumi, who was the best driver ever, did not have such a disgustingly arrogant character

alonso5
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alonso5 » 28 Jul 2008, 18:05

I also don't like him because of the fact that he went to cry to his daddy (who subsequently passed on his son's whining to the stewards) after alonso blocked in hungary qualy last year

MansellRed5
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MansellRed5 » 28 Jul 2008, 18:20

alonso5 wrote:I also don't like him because of the fact that he went to cry to his daddy (who subsequently passed on his son's whining to the stewards) after alonso blocked in hungary qualy last year
I hated how his Dad went running to the British media after Alonso beat Lewis fair and square in Monaco, claiming that McLaren had robbed him of the chance to fight for the win. Just because Lewis was beaten in Monte Carlo for the first time in his career. Big deal!

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 28 Jul 2008, 19:30

alonso5 wrote:I really dislike hamilton, his father too. Both of them are so arrogant and conceited. It's like their attitude from the first race has been Lewis is the best, the other drivers don't even deserve to share the track him, just give him the title and forego all this 'nonsense' of driving 18 circuits a year to determine the champ.
That is why I don't like him
Even schumi, who was the best driver ever, did not have such a disgustingly arrogant character
Yeah that`s true, never liked Schumi but he was a hard-working driver, highly competitive but still he had respect for some drivers, Mika and Alonso just to name 2. Hamilton`s main problem now must be his age, he`s not very mature yet, but he has everything to become a highly successful driver, all these kind of guys are always a bit arrogants. but Hami and his dad are way beyond that, i imagine who are they going to blame this year if he doesn`t win the W title.

sweet16
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sweet16 » 29 Jul 2008, 00:19

What I dislike about Lewis Hamilton is that he had a Brilliant start to his Formula 1 career, but all our noses have been rubbed in it, and every 3rd advert nowdays seems to have him in it. People are just bored of him

I also hate Steve Rider, the only reason they show his head and shoulders while he's talking about Lewis is because He's playing with himself. That man can't get enough of him! Every GP "Mark, what do you think of Lewis's chances?" *Mark, looking rather bored of Lewis by now, opens his mouth to say something nice about another driver and suddenly steve says* "Well I had a chat with Lewis this morning to see what he thinks!"

And he was in F1 for 2 months and released a book.

There are a hundred reasons why people are pissed off at him
"Faster than a bullet from a gun"

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 29 Jul 2008, 13:08

this article tells us some point. Although it is old it is worthwhile to read it.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2008/05/02/t ... formula-1/

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 29 Jul 2008, 14:43

Thanks, nice article.

EwmanM
kart driver
kart driver

Post by EwmanM » 31 Jul 2008, 22:15

He has a stupid haircut

mikespike2004
car driver
car driver

Post by mikespike2004 » 02 Aug 2008, 22:15

I think u havent seen his previous haircut :D his haircut now is totally amazing!! he has the confidence of a 40 years old, experience of a champion and dream of a rokkie.. he's amazing!!
Lewis Hamilton is the 2008 Champion.

fclen
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by fclen » 06 Aug 2008, 12:17

sweet16 wrote: And he was in F1 for 2 months and released a book.
That was a wee bit premature! :cheezy:
I just love how he said "He didn't defend very well. All I know is that if it was the other way around then he wouldn't have got past." about the German GP. Then we all saw the Hungarian GP, and he now says "I had one of my best ever starts but Felipe had an even better one. I covered my ground on the inside. He locked up and then turned, I thought we were going to touch, so I slowed down even more. But he still pulled it off and I lost a place. It won't happen again". What's he going to say the next time he gets schooled on track?

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 06 Aug 2008, 13:21

fclen wrote:
sweet16 wrote: And he was in F1 for 2 months and released a book.
That was a wee bit premature! :cheezy:
I just love how he said "He didn't defend very well. All I know is that if it was the other way around then he wouldn't have got past." about the German GP. Then we all saw the Hungarian GP, and he now says "I had one of my best ever starts but Felipe had an even better one. I covered my ground on the inside. He locked up and then turned, I thought we were going to touch, so I slowed down even more. But he still pulled it off and I lost a place. It won't happen again". What's he going to say the next time he gets schooled on track?
that was well picked out
ANd hamilton, remember what you say to the press.

sunsurf
car driver
car driver

Post by sunsurf » 07 Aug 2008, 08:36

I yhink that every one has a hero in his mind in formula one,like me my hero is M Shumacher and he will last forver"for me"and net a case of racisme or jealousy.
Last edited by TwistedArmco on 07 Aug 2008, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: And how exactly does that relate to the topic?

tshekane
car driver
car driver

Post by tshekane » 13 Aug 2008, 11:48

Well, I do not dislike LH. But I dislike the way he is being hyped by ITV commentators. Their commentary sometimes will make you think that LH is alone on the track. And for your info, I am black, and I live in Botswana, Africa - so I can't be accused of having "... a racist element in there,..."