Reasons why people dislike Lewis Hamilton?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Ace
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Reasons why people dislike Lewis Hamilton?

Post by Ace » 23 Aug 2008, 02:28

From my exp, people hate him bcoz he proved himself to be better then lot of other drivers in his first season, like etc. primadona Alonso. You can say "it's bcoz he had fastest car" but you can't deny simple fact that he was better (well, statistic don't like, he didn't beat Kimi). Well, maybe there is not much about it. There are many drivers (or persons if you like) that we simply like or hate, without explanation.

I didn't like MS, not bcoz of his "I'm not proud of" moves in his career... I didn't like him before I was aware of that things. You don't need explanation for hate or love. :oh:
"I'm flattered people are comparing me with Lewis" Stirling Moss

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 23 Aug 2008, 03:44

Ace wrote:From my exp, people hate him bcoz he proved himself to be better then lot of other drivers in his first season, like etc. primadona Alonso. You can say "it's bcoz he had fastest car" but you can't deny simple fact that he was better (well, statistic don't like, he didn't beat Kimi). Well, maybe there is not much about it. There are many drivers (or persons if you like) that we simply like or hate, without explanation.

I didn't like MS, not bcoz of his "I'm not proud of" moves in his career... I didn't like him before I was aware of that things. You don't need explanation for hate or love. :oh:
I'm far from hating Hamilton because he's amazing. I respect him for being a worthy adversary for Kimi Raikkonen. I only hate him through no fault of his own, and that is the demi-god status that he's been given by ITV. Even if every third sentence contained "Lewis Hamilton" in it, then I would see that to be a great improvement and then I'd start to like him a bit more. The over-the-top pro-Hamiltonism is what drives me to dislike the guy...

lukecart1
car driver
car driver

Post by lukecart1 » 23 Aug 2008, 07:52

james allen

MansellRed5
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MansellRed5 » 23 Aug 2008, 10:11

Silver Shadow wrote:I only hate him through no fault of his own, and that is the demi-god status that he's been given by ITV. Even if every third sentence contained "Lewis Hamilton" in it, then I would see that to be a great improvement and then I'd start to like him a bit more. The over-the-top pro-Hamiltonism is what drives me to dislike the guy...
Couldn't have put it better myself. However, all the media attention he receives has really gone to his head. He's become the unofficial President of the Smug, Self-Satisfied Gits association :thumbsup:. So, even if ITV started bumming some other driver, I'd still hate Hamilton. He's like the Security Guard on the front gate, that considers himself 'Head of the Corportation'. In short, as a driver, he's very talented. As a person, his head is shoved so far up his own arse that he needs a torch to see where he's going.

Plus, he goes out with Nicole Scherzinger...lucky bastard :O.

MansellRed5
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MansellRed5 » 23 Aug 2008, 10:18

sweet16 wrote:What I dislike about Lewis Hamilton is that he had a Brilliant start to his Formula 1 career, but all our noses have been rubbed in it, and every 3rd advert nowdays seems to have him in it. People are just bored of him

I also hate Steve Rider, the only reason they show his head and shoulders while he's talking about Lewis is because He's playing with himself. That man can't get enough of him! Every GP "Mark, what do you think of Lewis's chances?" *Mark, looking rather bored of Lewis by now, opens his mouth to say something nice about another driver and suddenly steve says* "Well I had a chat with Lewis this morning to see what he thinks!"
Lmao! Spot on dude! :thumbsup: I hate Steve Rider with a vengeance! He's a cancerous pollip on the anus of humanity! :<>:

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ScuderiaFan » 23 Aug 2008, 10:18

respect him a lot as a great and well talented driver despite the fact he's our main rivel :)
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 23 Aug 2008, 22:07

MansellRed5 wrote:
Silver Shadow wrote:I only hate him through no fault of his own, and that is the demi-god status that he's been given by ITV. Even if every third sentence contained "Lewis Hamilton" in it, then I would see that to be a great improvement and then I'd start to like him a bit more. The over-the-top pro-Hamiltonism is what drives me to dislike the guy...
Couldn't have put it better myself. However, all the media attention he receives has really gone to his head. He's become the unofficial President of the Smug, Self-Satisfied Gits association :thumbsup:. So, even if ITV started bumming some other driver, I'd still hate Hamilton. He's like the Security Guard on the front gate, that considers himself 'Head of the Corportation'. In short, as a driver, he's very talented. As a person, his head is shoved so far up his own arse that he needs a torch to see where he's going.

Plus, he goes out with Nicole Scherzinger...lucky bastard :O.
The glamour is what comes with F1, but I think that the more the media ignore his "I'm like Senna" routine, the more likely he'll stop saying that. The fact of the matter is that he has no, none, nil, nada connection with Ayrton Senna. The only person who has a remote connection is his nephew Bruno. Every driver is unique, and if I was Lewis' parent, I would tell him to give up the Senna dialogue and start making a mark that shows you and only yourself, not some dead driver...

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 23 Aug 2008, 22:12

Silver Shadow wrote:The glamour is what comes with F1, but I think that the more the media ignore his "I'm like Senna" routine, the more likely he'll stop saying that. The fact of the matter is that he has no, none, nil, nada connection with Ayrton Senna. The only person who has a remote connection is his nephew Bruno. Every driver is unique, and if I was Lewis' parent, I would tell him to give up the Senna dialogue and start making a mark that shows you and only yourself..
Yeah, great point, and you feel that he attempts to impose himself like Senna did - the broodingness, the self-belief that he is destined to win, all that stuff. Lewis as is would be much harder to dislike. I'm not even sure if I would have even liked Senna a the time, because he was so brooding and self-righteous, so that is what Hamilton needs to do to gain support and stop the anti-fan craze.
Great point indeed..
..not some dead driver.
..until that bit :) . MP4/4' will probably contest the some dead guy bit..
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 24 Aug 2008, 00:53

TwistedArmco wrote:
..not some dead driver.
That's fair, but you can't improve yourself if you're dead, right?

:cheezy:

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 24 Aug 2008, 02:55

TwistedArmco wrote:
Silver Shadow wrote:The glamour is what comes with F1, but I think that the more the media ignore his "I'm like Senna" routine, the more likely he'll stop saying that. The fact of the matter is that he has no, none, nil, nada connection with Ayrton Senna. The only person who has a remote connection is his nephew Bruno. Every driver is unique, and if I was Lewis' parent, I would tell him to give up the Senna dialogue and start making a mark that shows you and only yourself..
Yeah, great point, and you feel that he attempts to impose himself like Senna did - the broodingness, the self-belief that he is destined to win, all that stuff. Lewis as is would be much harder to dislike. I'm not even sure if I would have even liked Senna a the time, because he was so brooding and self-righteous, so that is what Hamilton needs to do to gain support and stop the anti-fan craze.
Great point indeed..
..not some dead driver.
Nah , not this time :), . - OFFTOPIC- Well i think you would Twisted, because Senna wasn`t like that in the begining of his career, i mean he always had this HUGE self-believe but he was the 1st to say he had a lot to learn, but right on his Lotus days you could see he was really fast, had a great control of the car, he was by miles the best in the rain and he would be a future world champoin. His charisma and kindness to injured drivers was another thing that stood out, and it was after 1988 when he beated Prost that he believed that it was his era as the fastest/best driver of the world. Besides as a non-patriotic you wouldn`t support Mansell (Wich i also liked a lot as a driver) so Ayrton would be the 1st on your list.

About the topic as i said previously, even if Hamilton wins the champ. it`s too soon to be compared with legends, he`s good but he has to show "magic" things more often like Silverstone this year. The fact he keeps talking about Senna: I think he wants to be appreciated by older f1 fans. Senna fans or not, just people that seen him racing, but it`s pointless in my opinion, i don`t like to compare drivers fromdiferent times, every one of them leaves their mark and that`s the way it is. You guys that love Kimi or Alonso or whatever, if you`ll keep following the sport in 10 or 15 years maybe you`ll still think they were (are) the best and the young drivers at that time are good but not in the same level.

Ken0bi007
car driver
car driver

Post by Ken0bi007 » 24 Aug 2008, 19:07

He's quite a good chap.
I really like his appearance in Topgear. :)
Owned webber there on a wet and oily track

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 Aug 2008, 20:02

Ken0bi007 wrote:He's quite a good chap.
Hhahaha, yeah!! Great episode!! He was all smiling in the car, and really enjoying the drive, you could see that
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

senna74
car driver
car driver

Post by senna74 » 25 Aug 2008, 12:15

joostlamers wrote:
Ken0bi007 wrote:He's quite a good chap.
Hhahaha, yeah!! Great episode!! He was all smiling in the car, and really enjoying the drive, you could see that
Some insiders say he's the STIG :O

ScuderiaFN
car driver
car driver

Post by ScuderiaFN » 25 Aug 2008, 15:08

The reasons why I dislike him is because he is not very humble. And he drives for the team I dislike the most. I guess McLaren shaped his attitude, and all the hype in the British media makes me sick of hearing anything about him.

And I guess I'm a bit jealous, because he is a tremendous driver, and will probably become a multiple world champion. He certainly has the abilities, but he has still much to learn in dealing with difficulties and managing his tyres better, but that will come as the time goes.

I just hope Massa wins this year, and that he gets a win in the rain.

senna74
car driver
car driver

Post by senna74 » 25 Aug 2008, 15:37

ScuderiaFN wrote:The reasons why I dislike him is because he is not very humble. And he drives for the team I dislike the most. I guess McLaren shaped his attitude, and all the hype in the British media makes me sick of hearing anything about him.

And I guess I'm a bit jealous, because he is a tremendous driver, and will probably become a multiple world champion. He certainly has the abilities, but he has still much to learn in dealing with difficulties and managing his tyres better, but that will come as the time goes.

I just hope Massa wins this year, and that he gets a win in the rain.
I just want you to give only one humble champion from the last WC of the last 20 years; I'll give you the names and I want just one humble :
Schumacher, Alonso, Raikonnen, Hakkinen; Hill (maybe), Prost, Senna, Mansell, Piquet, Lauda :cool: