Whos going to be 2008 World Champion ?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Predict 2008 WDC

Kimi Räikkönen (FIN)
42%
Felipe Massa (BR)
23%
Robert Kubica (PL)
15%
Nick Heidfeld (D)
No votes
Lewis Hamilton (GB)
21%
Fernando Alonso (E)
No votes
Heikki Kovalainen (FIN)
No votes
Other...
No votes

Total votes: 106

IfIsF1SpeltBackwards
car driver
car driver

Whos going to be 2008 World Champion ?

Post by IfIsF1SpeltBackwards » 10 Jun 2008, 21:10

Look at the picks we got this year,
Kimi Raikonnen and Felipe Massa in the Ferraris,
Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica in the BMW's,
Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalienen in the Mclarens
I genuinly think Heikki and Nick can spring some good surprise results this year
Whats everyone elses views?
Last edited by Zack on 12 Jun 2008, 07:47, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added Poll

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Whos going to be 2008 World Champion ?

Post by mikhailv » 11 Jun 2008, 11:45

Me personally, im rooting for Felipe Massa. I love kubica hes great, and im an Alonso fan all the way, but seeing as fernie isnt up there, the next best man on the grid for me is Felipe. To me, hes more than proven himself to be world champion material, and his overtaking skills both last year and this year (come on, Barrichello and Heikki= fantastically executed move).

So on that not I voted Massa. Its unrealistic to vote fernando unfortunatly, but next year he will be back and winning!

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 11 Jun 2008, 15:49

I think will be Kimi Räikkönen.

Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld, have a great car, but not enought. Yes their are second on teams championship, but I thinks this is Mclaren and Ferrari has not ended a lot of races.

Lewis Hamilton, really he is more interesting on press and stupid thinks than to drive.
Alonso, has not car, the best he can do is to win some race, get some podiums, and maybe top5 on driver championship.
Felipe Massa are very irregular driver, and I think he must be on other team.
Heikki Kovalainen, Sure he is a F1 driver. It's surely the worst driver of these.

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 11 Jun 2008, 16:38

As much as I admire Massa - I think Kimi will be better this season.
As much as I like Heiki - I think Hammy will be better this season.
As much as I like Nick - I think Kube is better this season.

As much as I think Hammy is a great driver - still Kimi is better.
As much as I admire Fernando - he drives a piece of garbage, not a car.
As much as I LOVE Kubi's driving - BMW is still just third fastest... this one makes me cry :sad: - give this guy a better car (BMW, Ferrari, whatever) and he will be a multiple champion.

Ergo - my vote goes to Kimi.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 11 Jun 2008, 18:37

I have no idea, but I hope it will be Kubica or a Ferrari.

Alonso doesn't stand a chance in hell but it was cute of you to add him to the poll, Zack! @Hug
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 11 Jun 2008, 18:42

The best Alonso can hope for is best of the rest of the rest (i.e. 7th in front of the Webber/Trulli/Rosberg battle.

I voted Kimi, I'd have voted for either Massa or Hamilton if it wasn't for Kimi, but he'll blow them away with his late season form. Magny Cours will favour him and Massa, and Spa is his track. If Massa falls away before the finale, Brazil will be Kimi's too, and I'd fancy Kimi at Valencia and Singapore.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Jun 2008, 18:43

My heart says Hamlton, my head says Raikkonen. I'm not voting yet though. If i had to make a top four, it would be Raikkonen first by 10 points or so, with Hamilton, Kubica and Massa very close for 2nd, but Lewis juuuust heading Robert in 3rd and Felipe in 4th

mjrn
car driver
car driver

Post by mjrn » 11 Jun 2008, 19:33

I think that the world title will be between Hamilton, Raikkonen and Kubica.

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 11 Jun 2008, 19:48

mjrn wrote:I think that the world title will be between Hamilton, Raikkonen and Kubica.
well you can eliminate Kubi out of the equation, 'cause Dr T. will now switch all his BMW resources towards 2009, having his objective (winning a GP) for this year secured last weekend... too bad for Kubi, as much as I love his driving - he will have his chance - BIG chance - next year. BMW's next objective? WDC and WCC for 2009. and they have the resources to do that.
and beyond any doubt - BMW WILL DO OR PAY whatever it takes to keep Kubi.

Between Kimi and Hammy - it is anybody's guess...
Last edited by color on 11 Jun 2008, 20:10, edited 2 times in total.

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 11 Jun 2008, 20:02

hard to say, i think kubica will be out of the fight for champoinship soon. Hamilton and Räikkönen will fight until the bitter end, massa might play a role in this, but he will ran slowly out of chances to win the championship. Heidfeld and Kovalainen are already out of the fight.

starbright
kart driver
kart driver

Post by starbright » 11 Jun 2008, 20:50

I don't know who win in reality but in this poll, in this forum of course win Kimi or Lewis because they are most popular. It's boring, but it's true.

I'm keeping one's fingers crossed for Robert. He's got skills, but BMW car... So we will see :) Many emotions before us :cool:

melody
kart driver
kart driver

Post by melody » 12 Jun 2008, 19:21

although Kubica is leading the championchip at the moment I think the BMW is too slow for reaching more wins, so I guess it will be one of the ferrari drivers getting the trophee in the end :)

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 12 Jun 2008, 21:09

starbright wrote:I don't know who win in reality but in this poll, in this forum of course win Kimi or Lewis because they are most popular. It's boring, but it's true.

I'm keeping one's fingers crossed for Robert. He's got skills, but BMW car... So we will see :) Many emotions before us :cool:
It's not related to any popularity though. I also want Kubica to be WDC but you know BMW is still the third fastest team and throughout the season, that won't change a lot. It's not because Robert is not worthy to do it, it's just BMW has not what it takes to play with big boys you see?

Of course Robert is skillfull and made brilliant jobs this season but either a Red or a Silver driver will make it. To me, it will be Massa or Raikkonen.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

camber
kart driver
kart driver

Post by camber » 12 Jun 2008, 21:14

Kimi Raikkonen. Driver wise, Kubica could challenge it, probably. The things is, his car is not yet up there. In normal conditions the Ferrari can easily up come the BMW.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 13 Jun 2008, 03:18

Raikkonen would retain his title this season

Hamilton is the main challenger for Kimi, but i think he would ended in 2nd place

Kubica is still in the hunt, but his car seems slower than Ferrari and McLaren, and i think he needs to wait for 1-2 years to become a champion

Massa has made a couple of mistake this season, and i think he is still has to adapt with the banned of TC

So my top 4 prediction : Raikkonen, Hamilton, Kubica and Massa