Compare Kimi / Lewis in Montreal and Kimi / Sutil in Monaco

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Compare Kimi / Lewis in Montreal and Kimi / Sutil in Monaco

Post by Sanredrose » 09 Jun 2008, 17:19

joostlamers wrote:Same, both didn't pay attention. Both should get a penalty I think, but giving only Lewis a penalty is just insane.
That's the way it works .. A Ferrari WDC hits anyone he can walk scot free .. But if somebody hits Ferrari they should go home with a penalty !

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Jun 2008, 17:29

EXCEPTION: Schumacher Hungary 2006 practice- penalty for overtaking under yellows (red even)
Monza 06- Alonso penalty for 'blocking' Massa
Australia 07- No penalty for running supposedly illegal floorboard
Then there was spygate.... but that doesnt count
Monaco 08- No Kimi penalty
Canada 08- Hamilton penalty

I do accept Lewis' penalty, but why did Nico get one? i know he hit Lewis but surely that doesnt warrant a penalty- unless Lewis would've been Okay until Nico hit him??

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Jun 2008, 17:44

Just thinking, the thing with Ferrari is that they bring so much $$$ and advertising into F1- (particularly in service stations on mainland Europe), the products you can buy - pencil cases, caps, cd cases, model cars, mugs etc are all Ferrari branded- i've occasionally seen a Renault product and a few Macca ones but no else. Also, on TV advert breaks, on Bridgestone Ads, the car in the background is a Ferrari, and in the Shell advert as well- they've been giving out free model cars, including an F2002. The only other F1 ad on TV i can think of in the UK is the Vodafone one with Hamilton 'driving through the streets' and there was the Hakkinen - Alonso - Hamilton one last year. Alos recently when in Northern France, i bought a Magazine ( in french) that had a free (well, the magazine cost 13 euros) model of an F2001, which has great detail. This is one huge reason why the FIA need Ferrari in the sport. If you split it up- F1 need Force India- they could bring millions of Indian followers, Renault, Honda (maybe- mad Japanese fans), same with Toyot, McLaren and maybe Williams. Red Bull and Toro Rosso are a bit of a publicity stunt that turned serious- but all teams are needed, but Ferrari the most. Anyway, I'm rambling, essay over! If only I can do that in an English exam!

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 09 Jun 2008, 17:59

misko jones wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:It's justified, no matter what people will say about Kimi's accident. They were very different, and if Nakajima deserved a 10 place penalty, so did Rosberg and Hamilton.
Agreement
I cant understand a comparation between both accidents...
Raikkonen controlled the car as a god driver, any other (like Coulthnerd...lol) would crash into the barriers. He maintained the car and managed to not kill himself... shame hittin Sutil but, i think you all know that Sutil passed 3 drivers under yellow flags and was gonna be punished with 25 secs falling into 10th place.

Hamilton just lost the concentration and had an stupid error.
I would pay to know what Kimi said to him after the crash signing the lights and what Hamilton answered... hahaha
I agree that kimi and hamilton's crashes were completely different. If you crash a car at 180mph, then it's not really your fault and hamilton crashed at 45mph.

It was in the pit lane, all he had to do was look forward, the lights on red and if the drivers infront are slowing, maybe you should. There are some great quotes for kimi after the crash.

Raikkonen said "If I am going 300km an hour and lose control and hit somebody it is natural. But if I do it in a pit-lane, with a speed limit, with two cars stopped, and you hit them it is stupid. I saw the red light and chose to stop. Unfortunately someone saw the red light and chose not to stop."

He called hamilton "stupid", and I beleive he is, hamilton's not colourblind, is he?

Other things, Hamilton went towards Kimi while not braking, so he went for Kimi, knowing he would be damaged, Kubica said “I have to thank him [Hamilton] that he chose Kimi and not me,”
Didn't like the commentaters a while after, Raikkonen and Hamilton crashed into eachother in the pit lane, WRONG! Hamilton took out Raikkonen who was stationary.

I would also like to know what kimi said to lewis after!

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 09 Jun 2008, 18:40

phil1993 wrote:Just thinking, the thing with Ferrari is that they bring so much $$$ and advertising into F1- (particularly in service stations on mainland Europe), the products you can buy - pencil cases, caps, cd cases, model cars, mugs etc are all Ferrari branded- i've occasionally seen a Renault product and a few Macca ones but no else. Also, on TV advert breaks, on Bridgestone Ads, the car in the background is a Ferrari, and in the Shell advert as well- they've been giving out free model cars, including an F2002. The only other F1 ad on TV i can think of in the UK is the Vodafone one with Hamilton 'driving through the streets' and there was the Hakkinen - Alonso - Hamilton one last year. Alos recently when in Northern France, i bought a Magazine ( in french) that had a free (well, the magazine cost 13 euros) model of an F2001, which has great detail. This is one huge reason why the FIA need Ferrari in the sport. If you split it up- F1 need Force India- they could bring millions of Indian followers, Renault, Honda (maybe- mad Japanese fans), same with Toyot, McLaren and maybe Williams. Red Bull and Toro Rosso are a bit of a publicity stunt that turned serious- but all teams are needed, but Ferrari the most. Anyway, I'm rambling, essay over! If only I can do that in an English exam!
lol, hooray for exam leave! I wondered why you were posting on weekdays.

As for your mini-essay, all very true, but Ferrari and McLaren and their rivalry is also essential for a good feeling for the sport for potential backers and so on. If the show is good, so's the money (which is why NASCAR is so popular in America, and why GP2 is now so expensive to get into).
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 10 Jun 2008, 17:48

TwistedArmco wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Just thinking, the thing with Ferrari is that they bring so much $$$ and advertising into F1- (particularly in service stations on mainland Europe), the products you can buy - pencil cases, caps, cd cases, model cars, mugs etc are all Ferrari branded- i've occasionally seen a Renault product and a few Macca ones but no else. Also, on TV advert breaks, on Bridgestone Ads, the car in the background is a Ferrari, and in the Shell advert as well- they've been giving out free model cars, including an F2002. The only other F1 ad on TV i can think of in the UK is the Vodafone one with Hamilton 'driving through the streets' and there was the Hakkinen - Alonso - Hamilton one last year. Alos recently when in Northern France, i bought a Magazine ( in french) that had a free (well, the magazine cost 13 euros) model of an F2001, which has great detail. This is one huge reason why the FIA need Ferrari in the sport. If you split it up- F1 need Force India- they could bring millions of Indian followers, Renault, Honda (maybe- mad Japanese fans), same with Toyot, McLaren and maybe Williams. Red Bull and Toro Rosso are a bit of a publicity stunt that turned serious- but all teams are needed, but Ferrari the most. Anyway, I'm rambling, essay over! If only I can do that in an English exam!
lol, hooray for exam leave! I wondered why you were posting on weekdays.

As for your mini-essay, all very true, but Ferrari and McLaren and their rivalry is also essential for a good feeling for the sport for potential backers and so on. If the show is good, so's the money (which is why NASCAR is so popular in America, and why GP2 is now so expensive to get into).
NASCAR ??? Its not worth watching that .. They just keep on drifting and drafting around ovals ! I hate NASCAR ... No offence meant to any American NASCAR fan !

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Jun 2008, 17:51

TwistedArmco wrote: lol, hooray for exam leave! I wondered why you were posting on weekdays.
i'm not on exam leave, will be next year though.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 10 Jun 2008, 18:17

phil1993 wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote: lol, hooray for exam leave! I wondered why you were posting on weekdays.
i'm not on exam leave, will be next year though.
Ah fine, I thought you were referring to the same English exam that I'll be doing tomorrow. But having said that, I don't even know if you're actually from Britain, (although judging by your sig, yes) or at which stage you're at.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Jun 2008, 18:39

good luck for tomorrow then mate (twisted armco)- yes i am from england!

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 10 Jun 2008, 18:42

phil1993 wrote:good luck for tomorrow then mate (twisted armco)- yes i am from england!
Then you'll know the pressures of our exam system. (Don't take A2 English!!)

Thanks. I hope I do ok. :thumbsup:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Jun 2008, 18:46

ive been taughted most of the exam techniques- i just have to revise them and put them into action :)

joshb92
car driver
car driver

Post by joshb92 » 10 Jun 2008, 19:15

was poor from hamilton, mistakes i thought were outta his system after china but ah well

funny he drove into raikkonen lol

forzasab
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by forzasab » 10 Jun 2008, 21:31

sanredrose wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Same, both didn't pay attention. Both should get a penalty I think, but giving only Lewis a penalty is just insane.
That's the way it works .. A Ferrari WDC hits anyone he can walk scot free .. But if somebody hits Ferrari they should go home with a penalty !

Grow up mate.
Find the line, the speed will come.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 10 Jun 2008, 21:32

Well said Forza.

kimifantuga
kart driver
kart driver

Post by kimifantuga » 10 Jun 2008, 23:24

phil1993 wrote:EXCEPTION: Schumacher Hungary 2006 practice- penalty for overtaking under yellows (red even)
Monza 06- Alonso penalty for 'blocking' Massa
Australia 07- No penalty for running supposedly illegal floorboard
Then there was spygate.... but that doesnt count
Monaco 08- No Kimi penalty
Canada 08- Hamilton penalty

I do accept Lewis' penalty, but why did Nico get one? i know he hit Lewis but surely that doesnt warrant a penalty- unless Lewis would've been Okay until Nico hit him??

australia 07- the floorboard was legal...regulations of the FIA banned only after that race, like bmw's rear win(i think)
hungry 07- alonso received a punishment after hamilton fails to comply with the orders of team, from then alonso was to be the alien in mclaren
europe 07- hamilton is the first driver i ever see, the car was replaced in the track
monza 07-departure dispute after the first curve with the massa, could never bend, hits on the massa, cuts the curve and is not penalized
japan 07- no penalty for hamilton, he used another set of tires that allowed (free practice 1)
japan 07- no penalty for hamilton, he caused an accident behind the car by saety not maintain a constant speed as the regulations say (vettel was punished by stweards, he didn't have space for the car)
brasil 07- no penalty for hamilton, he blocked kimi in the second flying lap on qualify, kimi lost the pole by 0,2 seconds the same he lost in that curve
first year and took the FIA protection :huh:

kimi in monaco was about 270 kmh!!!! he lost te control the car!!! kimi had a manific control on car for not touc in ta barriers!!!! sutil was on the bad luck place.
hamilton knew the ligths was red (ron was said), but he comitted a very very stuppid mistake, was boring for loose the first and second place!!!! just now... wy he turn left when he saw would crash????
Kubica thanked