Boycott watching F1 coverage of Italian Grand Prix

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Boycott watching F1 coverage of Italian Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 07 Sep 2008, 16:44

After the disgrace that is the F1 sport now, I am proposing that everyone who feels the stewards decision to strip Lewis Hamilton of his win in the 2008 Belgium Grand Prix boycotts watching the Italian Grand Prix as a sign of defiance to the fools that run this sport. I will be creating a web page shortly and I urge you to spread this round the internet.
Ferrari fans, I understand if you don't like Hamilton and in ways I can see why but don't make this into anti-hate hamilton thread.

Fine, ok. Vent frustration here.
This topic will not be locked. Vent your frustration here, do what you want.
3 ground rules:

1. No attacking each other/hate posts.
2. No profanities. I am in warning mood. That includes the word "Nazi" and its plural forms.
3. No attacking each other's personal views (looking at you Blizzard). People are allowed opinions. But I repeat. No swearing.

TA
Last edited by Fergie1 on 07 Sep 2008, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

Stoegi
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Boycott watching F1 coverage of italy

Post by Stoegi » 07 Sep 2008, 16:46

The decision was correct, I don't see a problem with it. Hamilton clearly gained an advantage by cutting the chicane.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 07 Sep 2008, 16:49

Speak your mind and you get criticised. im behind you fergie

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 07 Sep 2008, 16:50

i won't watch it anyway, co'z it's most likely gonna be a ferrari one-two, with hamilton finishing 3rd. updated standing would mean massa at 84, hamilton 82. (still a close battle though)

- BeN -
car driver
car driver

Post by - BeN - » 07 Sep 2008, 17:39

Stoegi wrote:The decision was correct, I don't see a problem with it. Hamilton clearly gained an advantage by cutting the chicane.
Yeah he gained an advantage and then gave the advantage away when he let Kimi have the place back. If Kimi had done the same as Hamilton did then there wouldn't be any punishment. FIA is a joke.

MrPonx
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Boycott watching F1 coverage of Italian Grand Prix

Post by MrPonx » 07 Sep 2008, 17:50

I would boycott it but my tickets are on the way to my hotel in Milan which I've paid for and my plane tickets are 3 feet away from me now..

seriously though!! I thin the verdict was fair enough, it was very clear that the guy has gained an advantage from an illegal maneuver .. it's just as simple as that.. it has nothing to do with Kimi, Massa, McLaren or Ferrari

Just imagine what would people say if Kimi actually finished the race second and was handed the win??!! OMG I can't even think of it.. although I wish it happened I wouldn't want for Kimi to be in that situation

Richards19
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Richards19 » 07 Sep 2008, 17:53

- BeN - wrote:
Stoegi wrote:The decision was correct, I don't see a problem with it. Hamilton clearly gained an advantage by cutting the chicane.
Yeah he gained an advantage and then gave the advantage away when he let Kimi have the place back. If Kimi had done the same as Hamilton did then there wouldn't be any punishment. FIA is a joke.
I'm agree with you guys. I was angry that Lewis decided to not re-give the 1st place to Kimi

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 07 Sep 2008, 17:54

I always understood the rule this way: If you gain a positon by cutting the chicane or something, then you have to give this position back and the situation is cleared FULL STOP

I really like this sport. It's great, the best. But in this situation i have many problems to hold on that...

MrPonx
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by MrPonx » 07 Sep 2008, 17:56

Richards19 wrote:
- BeN - wrote:
I'm agree with you guys. I was angry that Lewis decided to not re-give the 1st place to Kimi

I don't completely understand your post, but Lewis DID give the position back to Kimi but not in a proper way..

its like you cut someones way and apologize while giving him the finger... it doesn't count in my humble book

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 07 Sep 2008, 19:57

the fia is full of *&%$£, hamilton gave back the position and then outbraked him into la source wheres the problem other than ferrari didnt win kimi could never of won the race as he cant drive for toffee in the wet as he proved. the old age pensioners in the FIA were discussing the result AFTER the race it went like this "heres a good idea?.............. hamilton won by 23 seconds over a ferrari so lets give him a 23.5sec second penalty," "no we can do that it looks to obvious why dont we give 25sec that way we can fool everyone into thinking were more fair"

where does the 25secs come from?

TA: Full of what, Daz? Did you not read the ground rules? Think before you write.. Cover it with random symbols. Some of us don't want to see it. On a different note, 25 seconds is a drive through, or so they reckon.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 07 Sep 2008, 20:13

Fergie1 wrote:After the disgrace that is the F1 sport now, I am proposing that everyone who feels the stewards decision to strip Lewis Hamilton of his win in the 2008 Belgium Grand Prix boycotts watching the Italian Grand Prix as a sign of defiance to the fools that run this sport. I will be creating a web page shortly and I urge you to spread this round the internet.
Ferrari fans, I understand if you don't like Hamilton and in ways I can see why but don't make this into anti-hate hamilton thread.

3 ground rules:

2. No profanities. I am in warning mood. That includes the word "Nazi" and its plural forms.
3. No attacking each other's personal views (looking at you Blizzard). People are allowed opinions. But I repeat. No swearing.

TA
I am behind you F, completely, but I am going to visit this GP, so I will boycot the Singapore GP, That's the one after Monza isn't it? You're right with your action against this awfull unfair federation!!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 07 Sep 2008, 21:36

joostlamers wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:After the disgrace that is the F1 sport now, I am proposing that everyone who feels the stewards decision to strip Lewis Hamilton of his win in the 2008 Belgium Grand Prix boycotts watching the Italian Grand Prix as a sign of defiance to the fools that run this sport. I will be creating a web page shortly and I urge you to spread this round the internet.

3 ground rules:

TA
I am behind you F, completely, but I am going to visit this GP, so I will boycot the Singapore GP, That's the one after Monza isn't it? You're right with your action against this awfull unfair federation!!

Great way of boycot, to buy tickets, which make FIA´s bank account happy and you´re also going to Ferrari land, the team you appear to hate so much...

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 08 Sep 2008, 04:02

blizzard wrote:
joostlamers wrote:

3 ground rules:

TA

Great way of boycot, to buy tickets, which make FIA´s bank account happy and you´re also going to Ferrari land, the team you appear to hate so much...
I dont think there is any reason to boycott the race.Instead we should be great for the monza :)
Desire has no limits

Joli.Killer
car driver
car driver

Post by Joli.Killer » 08 Sep 2008, 06:39

It's always a disgrace when the result of a race is altered by the stewards. In Valencia it sure looked like Ferrari would get penalized for the pit lane mess up but the steward made a good decision and let go with a fine. However, Massa shouldn't be the one to get the fine, it should have been the team. A fine was a good choice since this incident didn't affect the race.

All I can see is that this time they decided differently since it was McLaren that did something that could possibly result in a penalty. Lewis let Kimi pass before attacking again. Kimi did manage to pass Lewis again and the earlier part of their battle meant nothing for the outcome of the race. So did this incident affect the race any more then the incident in Valencia? That Kimi crashed was just sad but I find it very hard to blame Lewis for this. This is racing at it's best and I'm sure most enjoyed the battle.

The decision will most likely stand and all McLaren can learn from this is that if you pass a Ferrari in a doubtful manner you must let it fly away out of range before even thinking of pushing again.

- BeN -
car driver
car driver

Post by - BeN - » 08 Sep 2008, 13:56

MrPonx wrote:
Richards19 wrote:
- BeN - wrote:

I don't completely understand your post, but Lewis DID give the position back to Kimi but not in a proper way..

its like you cut someones way and apologize while giving him the finger... it doesn't count in my humble book
And what is the "proper way?" Would you have liked Hamilton to pull over and give Kimi the wave?