It is currently 25 Sep 2017, 07:55

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: James Allen ITV
PostPosted: 28 May 2008, 14:32  
kart driver

MP4/4#12 wrote:
"As the lap times came down to the kind of level at which a switch to dry tyres began to make sense, McLaren, to make doubly sure, even tested out the dries on Heikki Kovalainen’s car first... If the roles had been reversed I’m sure Hamilton would have done the same for Heikki, but they weren’t reversed because Lewis is the kind of driver who makes things happen for himself and this win was the perfect summation of that."

Did he actually said this live, on tv ? What an idiot, did Hamilton choose the right angle to hit the barrier too ? I mean, he HAD to know the SC would give him a huge winning chance ! I do like Hamilton as a driver, but this kind of bull s"#t, should never be alowed on tv !

MP4/4#12 I was waiting on someone to pick up on that, cheers mate :thumbsup:
That part really angered me, as did the whole article (hence why I posted it) but I held back on saying anything about it cause its just c**p.
I dont doubt Hamilton is a great driver ok, but one thing that bothers me is him saing that he is the "KIND OF DRIVER TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN FOR HIMSELF" Kovalainen was unlucky he was sent to the back, but does JAMES ALLEN HAVE SUCH A SHORT TERM MEMORY? As Mansell5 and me were talking about, Lewis didn't make things happen for himself when he was right at the back in Nurburgring 07, and Bahrain this year. If he couldn't do it on a newish track like Bahrain, how was Kovalainen ever gonna do it round Monaco where you couldn't pass? UTTER RUBBISH!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 May 2008, 14:46  
F1 Routinier

EwmanM wrote:
MP4/4#12 wrote:
"As the lap times came down to the kind of level at which a switch to dry tyres began to make sense, McLaren, to make doubly sure, even tested out the dries on Heikki Kovalainen’s car first... If the roles had been reversed I’m sure Hamilton would have done the same for Heikki, but they weren’t reversed because Lewis is the kind of driver who makes things happen for himself and this win was the perfect summation of that."

Did he actually said this live, on tv ? What an idiot, did Hamilton choose the right angle to hit the barrier too ? I mean, he HAD to know the SC would give him a huge winning chance ! I do like Hamilton as a driver, but this kind of bull s"#t, should never be alowed on tv !

MP4/4#12 I was waiting on someone to pick up on that, cheers mate :thumbsup:
That part really angered me, as did the whole article (hence why I posted it) but I held back on saying anything about it cause its just c**p.
I dont doubt Hamilton is a great driver ok, but one thing that bothers me is him saing that he is the "KIND OF DRIVER TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN FOR HIMSELF" Kovalainen was unlucky he was sent to the back, but does JAMES ALLEN HAVE SUCH A SHORT TERM MEMORY? As Mansell5 and me were talking about, Lewis didn't make things happen for himself when he was right at the back in Nurburgring 07, and Bahrain this year. If he couldn't do it on a newish track like Bahrain, how was Kovalainen ever gonna do it round Monaco where you couldn't pass? UTTER RUBBISH!

Summed up beautifully! James Allen just loves blowing the best English drivers trumpet, now that Button is well down the pack he is completely forgotten (a far cry from the orgasmic screams of "The floodgates will now open like Hill and Mansell before him... JENSON BUTTON WINS, GET IN THERE!!) Now it is Lewis who is number 1 Englishman, Allen is in love with him, and speaks utter drivel.

PostPosted: 28 May 2008, 19:12  
kart driver

Deff, the BBC need to get someone in who is passionate but not bias.
What bout a Scotsman :P Bill Mclaren was always gd at Rugby cause he didn't get carried away.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 May 2008, 13:43  
kart driver

i hate him i hate him i hate him, he is a muppet who never stops talking, he doesnt actually know all the facts he says, he has a huge book next to him and read out random stuff lol

PostPosted: 30 May 2008, 19:47  
kart driver

IElectronic wrote:
he doesnt actually know all the facts he says

True. Take last weekend's Monaco GP, "Lowe's hairpin! It's never been called anything else".

Then take David Croft during the GP2 feature race "Onboard with Senna going into Lowe's hairpin, formerly the old Station hairpin".

If I was ITV, I'd replace Allen with Croft, effective immediately. He's a much better, objective and entertaining commentator than Allen will ever be. Besides, it'd let the ITV F1 coverage bow out with at least some dignity left.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 May 2008, 06:26  

One other thing is that whenever there is an incident and Martin [Brundle] is talking he will but in and go 'Ohhh [loudly] sorry to interup you Martin, but...' and it just gets really annoying- if he was sorry, he wouldn't do it again and let Martin say 'Oh, hes hit him'. the only time i remember this happening was in Monaco last week when Kimi hit sutil

PostPosted: 31 May 2008, 15:45  
kart driver

phil1993 wrote:
One other thing is that whenever there is an incident and Martin [Brundle] is talking he will but in and go 'Ohhh [loudly] sorry to interup you Martin, but...'

Didn't Murray do this too? Or am I thinking of him frequently cutting James off when he was reporting from the pits? Thank God!

However, if I'm right, it sounds a lot more annoying coming from the mouth of James Allen. It'll probably be followed by him telling us something completely unrelated to what we've just seen on track, eg.

"Oh! Sorry to interupt you Martin, but I've just remembered that Lewis told me while eating his corn flakes this morning at breakfast, that'll he'll be driving at this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed...again! Not many drivers return for another year at such an amazing event. He didn't get the Goodwood record last year but I'm sure he will this year! It'll be another thing that he can cross off his amazing list of achievements, including the F1 driver's championship which he WILL win this year". Or something to that effect :<>:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 21:39  
F1 Driver

Murray Walker when Damon Hill won the championship Japan 1996: Now i've got to stop because i've got a lump in my throat.

James Allen when Lewis Hamilton wins the championship: Now i've got to stop because i've got a lump in my trousers. :p
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2008, 16:44  

MansellRed5 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
One other thing is that whenever there is an incident and Martin [Brundle] is talking he will but in and go 'Ohhh [loudly] sorry to interup you Martin, but...'

Didn't Murray do this too? Or am I thinking of him frequently cutting James off when he was reporting from the pits? Thank God!

However, if I'm right, it sounds a lot more annoying coming from the mouth of James Allen. It'll probably be followed by him telling us something completely unrelated to what we've just seen on track, eg.
:<>:

true, i agree. it was much better when murray did it and it sounded real. ive just watched belgium 1998, soooooooo good!

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 16:46  

Think Allen talks too much about Hamilton and Senna comparisons?
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7596 ... phplh4.jpg :nosweat:

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 17:46  
kart driver

HAHAHHAH, amazing!

I tell you David Croft may be on for the F1 gig. On gp2 this season he been amazingly good!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 18:23  
F1 Rookie

This sounds serious, he`s really that annoying ? Somebody should e-mail the guy or the tv network. He asked Mike`s opinion about Hamilton ? lol. Next thing he`ll do: Tell to Bruno Senna that Hamilton is his uncle from now on. Damm
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 18:26  

true about Mike Gascoyne, he was just saying: "So Mike, what kind of strategy will McLaren have put Lewis on [after his lap 6 crash]"

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 19:11  
F1 Driver

MP4/4#12 wrote:
Just curious, but isn`t Hamilton`s helmet inspired on Senna`s ? That`s what i always though from the 1st time i`ve seen Lewis`s helmet. About these tv commentators i can understand you, not cause i watch the channel, but in my national tv we had this guy that was crazy about Schumi, in one race you could hear "Michael Schumacher" or "THE world champion" about a dozen times, it really get in your nerve. There`s nothing like some impartial commentators. Don`t know if you ever heard them but those brits on Eurosport commentating Motogp, unreal, they are the best.

I've heard some people say that his dad gave him a yellow helmet (all one colour) cos it was cheapest and most distinctive, and that he just kept with that, although i dare say he does think he's emulating Senna.
Talking of which, partial commentators suck. Sie sind deutsch, ja? Well it's like that with Hamilton, only they're more enthusiastic because Hamilton is still a new thing. Even the RTL commentators must have been exceptionally bored by Schumi's 2002 and 2004.

Although now I come to edit this, you're clearly not German, but hey.

But back to the original point, you don't get through a GP without hearing Senna-esque from James. And it makes me want to be the man that fires him. :<>:

Last edited by TwistedArmco on 03 Jun 2008, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 19:40  

...one light, two lights, three lights, hamilton on the left, massa on the right and the races is............................GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

the helmet is because his Dad wanted to pick him out easily from the other drivers in his karting days, so the yellow just stuck

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next