It is currently 17 Nov 2017, 17:17

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: James Allen ITV
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2008, 10:45  
GP2 Driver

Yeah, Brundle shouls definitely switch to BBC. He knows his stuff and some of his quips live and his gridwalks crack me up.

And is Ben Edwards the guy who does the Official FIA Season Reviews? Never heard him commentating live, but his voice kinda irritates me. But hey, anything better that James freaking Allen.

Oh and for whoever mentioned Davidson, I do remember hearing him on Radio 5 (I think it was one of the multitrack races Xyneid uploaded) and thinking he did a great job. Coulthard could be good also.

Oh and back to the subject, yes, James Allen is a c*ck
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2008, 11:35  
F1 Routinier

joostlamers wrote:
I thought Martin Brundle was okay.. Isn't he?

well james allen is soo biased. so it makes marin brundle unbiased and good. but he is also not the best. his grid walks are nice though. if james went on the gridwalk guess what he would do. (hang around hamilton and telling everything the mechanics do to his car.)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2008, 05:45  
car driver

Too bad ITV won't listen to us...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 17:37  
kart driver

ian95x wrote:

Thankfully this time next year, we won't be enduring their diabolically s*** Hamilton-infested coverage.

This weekend will be centred around Lewis' kit bag being stolen, and ITV will typically blow it all out of proportion and make it out like Lewis survived a terrorist attack. Either way, until the BBC takes over, I'm going to be skipping the pre and post qualifying/race coverage from now on, except Brundle's grid walk on race day :thumbsup:.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 17:43  
GP2 Driver

MansellRed5 wrote:
ian95x wrote:

This weekend will be centred around Lewis' kit bag being stolen, and ITV will typically blow it all out of proportion and make it out like Lewis survived a terrorist attack.

That's hilarious. :) But true. :(
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2008, 07:46  
car driver

yeah i would prefer to get the speed tv commentators.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2008, 14:39  
car driver

the worst was when jenson button won his 1st gp at hungary in 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAhkfG6eoBM
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2008, 11:14  
F1 Routinier

:p
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2008, 11:24  
F1 Driver

James Allen has all the popularity amongst F1 fans of Bush and Brown amongst a country's people.Atleast on this forum.For the first few years I felt sorry for him as he was following the legend that is Murray.But his bias towards the Brits has got really alienating,almost sickening at times.He'll get no apologies from me when he loses the commentating job.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2008, 16:19  
GP2 Driver

well I found this on youtube, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LXj1TZIPnYU I don't remember it, but maybe he was ok before, now he's just annoying!

Read the info of the vid, it's funny, I wish James Allen well too! Then he won't be so annoying!

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 13:59  
F1 Driver

He is definitely not commentating for the BBC next year, I have heard from a BBC employee on another forum that he has been told that he will not get a job of main commentator.
Also, we are getting the equivalent of what Premiere get for coverage, Timing, Onboard and a Highlights channel. And the coverage that ITV give to the F1 race will be given to support races (apart from the hour build up). :wave:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2008, 03:13  
car driver

First post :D

For me its either Allen or those muppets from Aljazeera, drama queens,ignorant and the Egyptian guy somehow thinks F1 is only about pitstop strategies and tyre compounds and sees himself as an expert !!

So compared to those clowns... James Allen is a legend :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 10:24  
kart driver

swca92 wrote:
James Allen has all the popularity amongst F1 fans of Bush and Brown amongst a country's people. Atleast on this forum. But his bias towards the Brits has got really alienating, almost sickening at times. He'll get no apologies from me when he loses the commentating job.

I second that :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 19:20  
kart driver

James Allen is a decent pitlane reporter and book writer, but no more, he tries but he isn't gd enough for a commentator..

However, it was always goin to be tough stepping into Murray's shoes, he is irreplaceable.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2008, 11:01  
kart driver

sdasports wrote:
James Allen is a decent pitlane reporter and book writer, but no more, he tries but he isn't gd enough for a commentator..

However, it was always goin to be tough stepping into Murray's shoes, he is irreplaceable.

I've never read his books but I'm told they're good. I agree though, he was mega in the pits! If he replaced Kravitz in that role tomorrow, I'd be happy.

However, yes, it was going to be tough replacing Murray but he's had 6 full seasons in the role now. I recently watched Australia 2002 and was amazed at how unbiased he was, and did a pretty solid job. But his irritating voice aside, he is VERY biased towards Hamilton, and Button before that. Over-exagerates almost everything, take qualifying yesterday when Crapilton nearly hit the wall, "A cigarette paper's worth between Hamilton and OBLIVION!". That being said though, he didn't spend the entire session ranting on about Spewis...like he USUALLY does :p.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next