James Allen ITV

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

James Allen ITV

Post by Fergie1 » 10 May 2008, 21:52

Not an f1 driver, but I want to have a rant about this buffoon. :p
In quali today, when Barrichello had been knocked out, he identified Hamilton in Q3 as Barrichello. He is British biased which isn't such a good idea when countries like Australia and other countries receive ITV's commentary feed.
There is plenty of times when has been a c*ck like this time and this time as well.
Who else agrees? :p

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: James Allen ITV

Post by color » 10 May 2008, 22:54

luckily I don't need to listen to him too often, but the guy is a moron. after F1 return to the BBC next year he is unemployable anywhere (I hope)...

my favourite is this one, I call it "he is moving his hands"... what an idiot... (Kube experienced 75-80 G's, and he said that he was unconscious after hitting the wall)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3tJY_f7Djmw
Last edited by color on 10 May 2008, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 10 May 2008, 23:00

color wrote:luckily I don't need to listen to him too often, but the guy is a moron. after F1 return to the BBC next year he is unemployable anywhere (I hope)...

my favourite is this one, I call it "he is moving his hands"... what an idiot... (Kube experienced 75-80 G's, and was obviously unconscious)
That was Martin Brundle who said that, who should go to the BBC. :p

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 10 May 2008, 23:03

Fergie1 wrote:
color wrote:luckily I don't need to listen to him too often, but the guy is a moron. after F1 return to the BBC next year he is unemployable anywhere (I hope)...

my favourite is this one, I call it "he is moving his hands"... what an idiot... (Kube experienced 75-80 G's, and was obviously unconscious)
That was Martin Brundle who said that, who should go to the BBC. :p

oops, one more reason to avoid ITV...
I had to watch it today, which really sucked since I got used to SPEED coverage (and German TVs in the past) - miles ahead IMO...

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 May 2008, 06:55

lol, in the second video, i love the 'i told you so' moment!!

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 11 May 2008, 15:30

same phil :P

i really hate the man.

today him and brundle were like "things look good for lewis" so unashamedly biased, some of us aren't lewis fans but they seem to think we all love him!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 13 May 2008, 23:51

Brudle / Blundell / James allen are hypnotised to Lewis Hamilton. Though i am fan of Lewis, as a viewer i always wish to know whats going on the track. But what happens is these clowns talk only about Hamilton & his points tally.

I feel Star Sports commentary is entertaining. Speed TV is mundane, but miles better than ITV.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 14 May 2008, 17:38

I feel Star Sports commentary is entertaining.
agree 100 percent :cheezy:

David Smith
kart driver
kart driver

Post by David Smith » 14 May 2008, 18:12

He has a speech problem aswell lol.. try count the ammount if times he mixes up his L's and R's..... "The race have been red fragged" lol. He does it quite alot tbh.

I agree that Martin Brundle should go BBC, i love his techincal features and just his general opinions on the sport :D

MansellRed5
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MansellRed5 » 14 May 2008, 19:54

According to Wikipedia, when Murray left, ITV were going to have a few guest commentators and make a final decision. Instead they opted to just continue with James Allen. He had HUGE shoes to fill by taking over from Murray, but he's now been commentating full-time for 6 (7 if you include this season) whole years now, and I still find him annoying and horrendously boring. Explaining the tyre rules every three minutes and predicting the fuel strategies, basically all the things he used to do as the pit reporter. Instead, it should be Ted Kravitz giving us that stuff. The British/English bias drives me spare, and I say English because it's all about Lewis, and before that, it was all about Jenson. They were never that bias towards DC. I really like Brundle, but in the last few races, I'm beginning to wonder if he's getting on the Hamilton band wagon. In Bahrain, he was very quick to defend Lewis and rule out the possibility that he could've rear-ended Alonso. Instead, the blame instantly shifted to the Spaniard. Or last weekend, praising Lewis' performance very early on, before his first stop whilst pursuing Massa. However, I certainly hope he's retained by the BBC next year. Also, my theory on Steve Ryder and Mark Blundell being idiotic by standing in the paddock and trying to talk over F1 engines really came to fruition on Sunday. Steve took on a V8 Honda...and lost. I seen a couple of ITV's races on YouTube recently from 1997, and it's amazing how much the coverage has declined since then.

Davesnothere
car driver
car driver

Post by Davesnothere » 15 May 2008, 03:15

I love Speeds commentary team. Hobbs is great, but Peter Hamilton reall needs to go away and join James Allen and the rest of the Lewis worshippers over on ITV.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 15 May 2008, 11:34

The worst thing was when he said "Hamilton is putting in Sennaesque laps here" when he was only going so fast cos of a very light fuel load, if it had been any other driver he would not have compared him to Senna.

He once said "It is uncanny, a driver with a yellow helmet in a McLaren." Yes, that must mean he is just like Senna. :|

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 15 May 2008, 16:10

donald29 wrote:The worst thing was when he said "Hamilton is putting in Sennaesque laps here" when he was only going so fast cos of a very light fuel load, if it had been any other driver he would not have compared him to Senna.

He once said "It is uncanny, a driver with a yellow helmet in a McLaren." Yes, that must mean he is just like Senna. :|
I would suggest you to turn the volume down when watching ITV F1 !yahoo:

phil1993

James Allen ITV

Post by phil1993 » 15 May 2008, 16:25

donald29 wrote:The worst thing was when he said "Hamilton is putting in Sennaesque laps here" when he was only going so fast cos of a very light fuel load, if it had been any other driver he would not have compared him to Senna.

yes, hamilton and senna both had yellow helmets in a mclaren. SHOCK!!!! ... (by the way, James Allen, Senna's car was red and white and Lewis' is grey and red.

Hamilton is a great driver, but if anything, it reminded me of Hungary 98 with Schumi, not Senna and anyway, you can't compare Lewis to schumacher anyway.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 15 May 2008, 16:34

Just curious, but isn`t Hamilton`s helmet inspired on Senna`s ? That`s what i always though from the 1st time i`ve seen Lewis`s helmet. About these tv commentators i can understand you, not cause i watch the channel, but in my national tv we had this guy that was crazy about Schumi, in one race you could hear "Michael Schumacher" or "THE world champion" about a dozen times, it really get in your nerve. There`s nothing like some impartial commentators. Don`t know if you ever heard them but those brits on Eurosport commentating Motogp, unreal, they are the best.