It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 12:55

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Worst Circuit ever?
Las Vegas (USA) 26%  26%  [ 34 ]
Mount Fuji (Japan) 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
Buenos Aires (Argentina - last used) 9%  9%  [ 12 ]
Dallas (USA) 8%  8%  [ 10 ]
Detroit (USA) 8%  8%  [ 10 ]
Singapour (Singapour) 8%  8%  [ 11 ]
Hungaroring (Hungary) 34%  34%  [ 44 ]
Total votes : 130
 Post subject: Re: Worst Circuit Ever?
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009, 19:18  
The Blur wrote:
Why is Hungary there?It might not have been a great circuit,but I loved it an Arrows nearly won it!

As a 7 year old die-hard Damon Hill fan at the time I regret to admit to the world I cried at the end of that race. :blush:

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 21:28  
car driver

I voted Argentina GP but I think the Mexico Gp should be in there, the track was bumpy as hell and Senna crashed there in 1991 and was in pain due to his legs being heavily wacked, it looked gareishly unsafe as well and the marshalls looked like they didnt know there arse from there elbow! horrible track :S

I could vote San Marino as well its about as interesting as a dog with earache!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 20:19  
kart driver

Richards19 wrote:
i vote for dallas, because i remember some comments of this Grand Prix: ''The race track was laid out on surface streets surrounding Texas State Fair Park. However the Fair Park circuit sustained damage during a support race and required repairs to be made to it the morning of the Formula One race. The F1 race, combined with the oppressive heat caused the track further damage.''

Agreed...people tend to forget about this one because it was only for one year. Isn't the race where Mansell pushed his car across the line, then fainted from the heat?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 09:44  
F1 Rookie

sparkidee wrote:
I voted Argentina GP but I think the Mexico Gp should be in there, the track was bumpy as hell and Senna crashed there in 1991 and was in pain due to his legs being heavily wacked, it looked gareishly unsafe as well and the marshalls looked like they didnt know there arse from there elbow! horrible track :S

San Marino = Imola? or Misano?
There is no circuit in San Marino...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 09:47  
F1 Routinier

hannibal_rising wrote:
sparkidee wrote:

he meant san marino gp. I dont think its that hard to find which track hosted san marino gp in f1.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 11:37  
F1 Rookie

shailf1 wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:
sparkidee wrote:

he meant san marino gp. I dont think its that hard to find which track hosted san marino gp in f1.

It was Imola. But you know? I think the problem is more particular to F1 cars than anything else. Others categories make very good races there. Maybe the circuit is too 'short' (almost 5 km) for a F1 and the shape does not make easy overtaking for a F1, unless you take some risk. I think is possible to overtake. If you don't see much overtaking is because pilots don't want to risk or just don't have the skill for doing it. For example, to overtake in Monza at the end of the main straight you don't need precisely much skills... just a faster car. In Imola without skills you are lost...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 21:07  
F1 Rookie

hannibal_rising wrote:
sparkidee wrote:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 21:15  
F1 Rookie

MP4/4#12 wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:
sparkidee wrote:

Senna Crashed in Imola in 94, not 91... he was talking about Mexico... :O
And now Imola is anything but bumpy. The track is new. I went to see the WTCC last week and I didn't see any car bumping anywhere (WTCC, formula 2, formula master and others)...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 06:10  
F1 Rookie

hannibal_rising wrote:
MP4/4#12 wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:
sparkidee wrote:

Senna Crashed in Imola in 94, not 91... he was talking about Mexico... :O
And now Imola is anything but bumpy. The track is new. I went to see the WTCC last week and I didn't see any car bumping anywhere (WTCC, formula 2, formula master and others)...

What the hell happenned to my post ?!?

Sparkidee is right

Here`s that crash at México

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E1yE4pI ... annel_page
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2009, 16:03  
kart driver

Valencia is the perfect example of what you should not do when you built a race track !

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 03:41  
kart driver

Las Vegas
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 00:02  
car driver

MSC II wrote:
Valencia is the perfect example of what you should not do when you built a race track !

I disagree completely! Valencia is a great track. Lots of technical and high speed corners, very hard brakings, close walls... it's not that different from Montreal or Melbourne.

Fuji is an awesome track as well! I'd say it's even better than Suzuka, at least for this modern F1!
And Dallas wasn't that bad!...

Worst tracks: Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Caesars Palace, by far!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 11:25  
GP2 Driver

Valencia, Argentina and the new Imola.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2010, 11:13  
car driver

Why of course Valencia! And Barcelona isn't far off the mark, either. As for the other, Imola's post 1994 incarnation is famous for its processional races, even though the 2005 and 2006 editions were instant classics
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2010, 12:08  
F1 Routinier

I just have to wonder why Hungary is ranking so high on the list?? I love that track! It's a real challenge for the drivers, and car setup needs to be spot on if you're going to be at the front. It's a great place to watch a Formula 1 car work.

Ferrariman60
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next