USGP DEAD AGAIN?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
camber
kart driver
kart driver

Re: USGP DEAD AGAIN?

Post by camber » 07 May 2008, 13:23

MSC83 wrote:Soccer is a perfect example to understand what i am saying, take a look at Beckham and what they did to him in hollywood.
You need to let the people feel related to it, and i am not only talking about attracting harcore fans like you or people on this form, i am talking about attracting people who will make a US GP look more Financially attractive
I do agree. Sorry if i'm wrong, but in the US they need to have some sort of celebrity status attached to the sport. Allot of showoff, glamour and such. For them great racers such as Alonso or Raikkonen, the last two WDC, are just two boring and uninteresting names. A sucessfull American driver in F1 may change this, but even the most talented Open wheel american drivers are switching to oval racing, which is a shame.

MansellRed5
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MansellRed5 » 18 May 2008, 13:37

caligpfan62 wrote:The F1 speed circus waves the green flag rain or shine! Need I say more..... Nascar can't race a box of "Tide" on a rainy day.
Well said! :thumbsup: It's the same with IRL, the slightest drop of rain and the racing has to be stopped/delayed. F1 can put on a show, whatever the weather :).

I'm not a fan of oval racing personally, but when it was announced that F1 was returning to Indy in '00. I was looking forward to seeing how fast an F1 car could lap the infamous circuit, and really show the US what a proper race car is. However, the part oval/part road course that we ended up with, sucks. I've never liked it and have found the majority of the races held there to be pretty boring. I'm not against F1 holding a round in the US though, there's many great circuits that I doubt F1 even considered, such as Laguna Seca. Besides, before the modernised Indy circuit, F1 used to race on several American street tracks. The likes of Long Beach is still used today, and I'd personally love to see another street circuit on the calendar in place of these new s*** commercially built Herman Tilke ones :<>:

EwmanM
kart driver
kart driver

Post by EwmanM » 19 May 2008, 22:59

MansellRed5 wrote:
caligpfan62 wrote:The F1 speed circus waves the green flag rain or shine! Need I say more..... Nascar can't race a box of "Tide" on a rainy day.
Well said! :thumbsup: It's the same with IRL, the slightest drop of rain and the racing has to be stopped/delayed. F1 can put on a show, whatever the weather :).

I'm not a fan of oval racing personally, but when it was announced that F1 was returning to Indy in '00. I was looking forward to seeing how fast an F1 car could lap the infamous circuit, and really show the US what a proper race car is. However, the part oval/part road course that we ended up with, sucks. I've never liked it and have found the majority of the races held there to be pretty boring. I'm not against F1 holding a round in the US though, there's many great circuits that I doubt F1 even considered, such as Laguna Seca. Besides, before the modernised Indy circuit, F1 used to race on several American street tracks. The likes of Long Beach is still used today, and I'd personally love to see another street circuit on the calendar in place of these new s*** commercially built Herman Tilke ones :<>:
I see they have edited part of the infield section for the Moto Gp race at Indy this year, in my opinion, it hasn't made the road course any better, probs alot worse for F1. It's just stop start for the bikes!

Long Beach would be amazing to use, but the city would never pay Bernie's high prices, thats why they'll stick with the IRL, which is dumb, it would be a cracking race at Long Beach. What about Road America?

MansellRed5
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MansellRed5 » 25 May 2008, 18:51

EwmanM wrote:What about Road America?
That'd rock too! :thumbsup: There's many good street courses in America that will probably never be considered for a modern US GP. It's a shame.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 07 Jun 2008, 23:30

I think F1 should pay a visit to USA. The migrant population here is very high. Not just Europeans but Asians who follow F1 here in USA is very high. Indy was only racing relief we had in the past 6 years. I can still recollect how we used to enjoy the weekend leading to USGP. I don't care whether F1 returns to Indy or some other circuit in USA, but i hope they come back ...

Stoles
car driver
car driver

Post by Stoles » 08 Jun 2008, 10:56

i would love to see F1 Cars on Indie tracks
would be awesome

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 16 Jun 2008, 12:31

the us gp had acontract till last year and the contract was not renewed because of lack of sponsors. that is why there is no us gp this year. but if they find sponsors i think there will be a us gp next year

melody
kart driver
kart driver

Post by melody » 16 Jun 2008, 13:38

BanaP wrote:Raikkonen and Ferrari must win it! Massa 2nd, than Kubica, Kova, Sutil, Heidfeld:)
Is the USA GP gone forever or is it just for this year? Thanks!

FORZA FERRARI!!! Flag:##
Sutil in the points? :cheezy:

I heard that they are in negotiation with Bernie for 2010. The chances are good that Indy will come back! :thumbsup: Maybe they improve the course a bit. I don't like this infield. Actually they can drive the oval course! Would be interesting to see how F1 cars would achieve there.

BanaP
kart driver
kart driver

Post by BanaP » 16 Jun 2008, 15:38

melody wrote:
BanaP wrote:Raikkonen and Ferrari must win it! Massa 2nd, than Kubica, Kova, Sutil, Heidfeld:)
Is the USA GP gone forever or is it just for this year? Thanks!

FORZA FERRARI!!! Flag:##
Sutil in the points? :cheezy:

I heard that they are in negotiation with Bernie for 2010. The chances are good that Indy will come back! :thumbsup: Maybe they improve the course a bit. I don't like this infield. Actually they can drive the oval course! Would be interesting to see how F1 cars would achieve there.
Yeah, the US GP wasn't my favourite either, but it was always a difficult race for the teams and it was interesting too see how they make their strategy. And always mucho big crashes :cheezy:
About Oval : NO THANX! :wave:

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 30 Jun 2008, 01:06

I think we can have a street circuit with a night race in USA for US GP .. How about Detroit or Las Vegas ?? Bernie would love to add one more street race to the exisiting number of street races !

lupulin
car driver
car driver

Post by lupulin » 05 Jul 2008, 06:06

Have any of you actually seen a nascar race? It's the bumper to bumper action and huge crashes every race that keep the fans coming back for more of their oval tracks. F1 cars are not made to follow each other at inches apart. F1 on an oval would be even less interesting than nascar.

To get any kind of action in the US F1 needs Hamilton to win the championship and get celebrities rooting for him (anyone see p-diddy in monaco in hamiltons entourage?, or his "date") to be hype up the sport enough for a race in a revamped Las Vegas or Fontana/California Speedway. If people magazine does not cover it half the American population doesn't read about it. It's not soccer that made Beckham an american household name, it's people magazine.

markpaz455
kart driver
kart driver

Post by markpaz455 » 05 Jul 2008, 14:01

phil1993 wrote:i agree with hamiltonF1, the usa have nascar, irl and plenty of racing, f1 isnt needed
Most americans hate nascar..............if danica wasn't in irl im pretty sure that series would be dead like champcar

F1 needs a race in the USA........many f1 fans here are very hardcore and they need to be fed for the lack of an F1 race here.....

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Jul 2008, 02:31

IRL isn't as good as F1. Though you might see some visual similarity in the car structure, they aren't as interesting as F1.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Jul 2008, 02:34

lupulin wrote:Have any of you actually seen a nascar race? It's the bumper to bumper action and huge crashes every race that keep the fans coming back for more of their oval tracks. F1 cars are not made to follow each other at inches apart. F1 on an oval would be even less interesting than nascar.

To get any kind of action in the US F1 needs Hamilton to win the championship and get celebrities rooting for him (anyone see p-diddy in monaco in hamiltons entourage?, or his "date") to be hype up the sport enough for a race in a revamped Las Vegas or Fontana/California Speedway. If people magazine does not cover it half the American population doesn't read about it. It's not soccer that made Beckham an american household name, it's people magazine.
May be you are right buddy. Nascar contains stock cars .. So drafting and stuff are the ways to close up behind a car and overtake ... F1 car's very different from that ..

kimi_raikkonen
car driver
car driver

Post by kimi_raikkonen » 19 Jul 2008, 13:01

Yes, IRL is pretty dead aside from Indy 500 or the lovely, lovely..lovely Danica :cheezy: Yes, I'm a big fan.

Anyhow, CART/Champ Car has been bought out by IRL and as mentioned above, is quite stale as far as recognition goes. Not to mention the splits and unifications every few years prior to this.

While I'm a few hours from Canada, and could more easily make the trip to Montreal for a GP, I'd like the option to go to Indianapolis, or whichever track hosts another US GP; Not to mention the prestige of having an F1 event in your country.