2007 Testing ***Jerez Sept 18th-20th***

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 22 May 2007, 14:27

Chubbs wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:Spyker have got the best looking F1 cars on the grid - They should get a point for that.

Honda need to loose about 25 points for their earth theme... if they are really serious about protecting the environment they should shut down their factoriesand encourage people to walk... otherwise the car industry is the dirtiest more resource hungry inductry in the planet - their campaign is a joke.
thats not actually true..

did you know?? a whole season of formula one burns less fuel than a Boeing 747 flying from London to New York!!

thats damn true!
really?:S where did you read that...i don't believe it :shock:
most of the driving in f1 is testing so there are hidden fuel uses :P
mm tofu

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 22 May 2007, 14:39

u must be a exspert to know that figure... :D

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 22 May 2007, 15:22

i got it from top gear magazine haha 8) :cheesy:

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 22 May 2007, 15:25

Chubbs wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:Spyker have got the best looking F1 cars on the grid - They should get a point for that.

Honda need to loose about 25 points for their earth theme... if they are really serious about protecting the environment they should shut down their factoriesand encourage people to walk... otherwise the car industry is the dirtiest more resource hungry inductry in the planet - their campaign is a joke.

did you know?? a whole season of formula one burns less fuel than a Boeing 747 flying from London to New York!!

thats damn true!
I wasn't referring to F1 I was referring to the entire global automotive industry of which Honda is a major participant.

When you take into consideration the resources it takes to make (energy, metals, petrochemicals, rubber, glass...) and run the millions of new cars are produced globally and combine that with their emissions, it's a joke that Honda tries to make itself out to be saving the planet!!

The car business is dirty and resource intensive, the tabacco industry kills, gambling ruins families... it's just reality.

I drive (frequently), smoke, drink and gamble... I don't expect Marlboro or Johnny Walker to convince me they're good for my health, and I certainly don't expect Honda to lie to me about how it's saving the planet! ;)

<<get's off soapbox, goes to his Al Gore dartboard for some practice>>

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 22 May 2007, 15:34

BANANAGP wrote:
Chubbs wrote:

thats damn true!
I wasn't referring to F1 I was referring to the entire global automotive industry of which Honda is a major participant.

When you take into consideration the resources it takes to make (energy, metals, petrochemicals, rubber, glass...) and run the millions of new cars are produced globally and combine that with their emissions, it's a joke that Honda tries to make itself out to be saving the planet!!

The car business is dirty and resource intensive, the tabacco industry kills, gambling ruins families... it's just reality.

I drive (frequently), smoke, drink and gamble... I don't expect Marlboro or Johnny Walker to convince me they're good for my health, and I certainly don't expect Honda to lie to me about how it's saving the planet! ;)

<<get's off soapbox, goes to his Al Gore dartboard for some practice>>
yer i see wot u mean now, i totally agree

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 22 May 2007, 15:39

Chubbs wrote:i got it from top gear magazine haha 8) :cheesy:
lol i was going to say...i'm reading it jsut now :lol: :lol: number 2...still i can't believe it...i mean ow much does a747 use :shock:
mm tofu

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 22 May 2007, 15:45

alex wrote:
Chubbs wrote:i got it from top gear magazine haha 8) :cheesy:
lol i was going to say...i'm reading it jsut now :lol: :lol: number 2...still i can't believe it...i mean ow much does a747 use :shock:
i know i was thinking that... i remember hearing a while ago on a program on tv that its something like 80 gallons per person!! and taking that a 747 holds like 500 people that a hell of a lot of fuel. but dont quote me on that!!!

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 23 May 2007, 04:38

thinking about this makes u think how bad the fuel is wreaking our earth! 747's must use a hell of a lot of fuel to just be the same as a hole season of f1!

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 24 May 2007, 14:22

I agree with the comments... I'm not much of an environmentalist but I think it's obvious that best single thing you can do for the planet is to maintain and drive your car for as long as possible... if everyone were to drive their cars for 10 years it would significantly reduce the strain humanity poses on the environment.

A positive local economic also results in that much of the required work in maintaining the cars would be done locally, instead of over-seas or out-of-state. Local employment in theory goes up.

I tell all my friends that they should stretch their budget and buy the car that will make them happiest and with all the options. I got a 10 year old Audi s6 that I bought 8 years ago which has given me nothing but happiness - I have no plans of getting rid of it. ;)

xplor
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by xplor » 09 Jun 2007, 23:34

BANANAGP wrote: I tell all my friends that they should stretch their budget and buy the car that will make them happiest and with all the options. I got a 10 year old Audi s6 that I bought 8 years ago which has given me nothing but happiness - I have no plans of getting rid of it. ;)
i totally agree.

therefore i think people should also think twice before use their cars. sometimes they dont really need to use it, but they do.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Jun 2007, 08:35

Everyone's testing at Silverstone, except for Honda and Super Aguri who are testing at Jerez. However rain is expected at Silverstone

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 19 Jun 2007, 16:55

Toyota's Ralf Schumacher set the fastest time on the opening day of this week's Silverstone test.

The under-pressure German was 0.121 seconds quicker than McLaren test driver Pedro de la Rosa.

Mark Webber set the third quickest time for Red Bull, but came to a halt on track right at the end of the test.

The Australian was one of several drivers to hit technical problems during the day.

Ferrari test driver Luca Badoer pulled off early in the morning before later resuming running, while Nick Heidfeld and Vitantonio Liuzzi also stopped at the trackside with mechanical issues.

Kazuki Nakajima made the only significant error of the day when he caused a red flag by going off at Brooklands.

The incident only caused damage to the Williams' front wing, but without a spare on hand, Nakajima had to wait until parts were brought from the factory before he could return to the track in the afternoon. Nevertheless, the GP2 racer still completed 124 laps, the highest total of the day.

Williams were one of several teams trying new aerodynamic developments, with Ferrari and BMW also evaluating changes to their aerodynamic packages.

The teams had expected rain to hit today's test, but the weather ultimately remained dry all day.

Monday's testing times:
Pos Driver Car Time
1. R. Schumacher Toyota (B) 1:22.794
2. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:22.915
3. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:23.329
4. Kovalainen Renault (B) 1:23.510
5. Badoer Ferrari (B) 1:23.768
6. Heidfeld BMW (B) 1:23.841
7. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:24.125
8. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) 1:24.665
9. van de Garde Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:25.391
10. Valles Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:25.394
ZOMG RALF FIRST. Am I seeing right?

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 19 Jun 2007, 18:06

The others must have been driving backwards! :lol:

Busi
Donator
Donator

Post by Busi » 19 Jun 2007, 20:11

I've heard De la Rosa was fastest throughout the day until Ralfie did a qualy simulation at the end of the day to go on top.

Anyway we'll have to wait till the last days to see some trustable times
Alonso, future 5 times world champion

Ace
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Ace » 19 Jun 2007, 21:26

iceman1 wrote:Everyone's testing at Silverstone, except for Honda and Super Aguri who are testing at Jerez. However rain is expected at Silverstone
Dude I can't wait to se what Honda made of RA107. :mrgreen: