The Hamilton/Alonso Incident - Bahrain Grand Prix 2008

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Who's fault was it?

Alonso's - I'm a Hamilton fan
3%
Alonso's - I'm a Alonso fan/any other driver/neutral
5%
Hamilton's - I'm a Hamilton fan
5%
Hamilton's - Alonso fan/any other driver/neutral
44%
It was a racing incident
36%
Who Care's!
7%

Total votes: 59

I Love Crashes
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: The Hamilton/Alonso Incident - Bahrain Grand Prix 2008

Post by I Love Crashes » 06 Apr 2008, 17:40

I think that Alonso changed gears a little to slow then Hamilton was trying his hardest to get back up with the leaders and Hamilton has much faster accelerationso he just rammed into the back of Alonso.
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?Nn4

Do Hard Things Fast, Harder Things Faster.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 06 Apr 2008, 17:42

Mitsuro Sano wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Mitsuro Sano wrote: But I notice that the front wing of Hamilton was already broken ( I mean the Bridge ) before the accident.
was it???
Well, maybe I'm wrong, but I think the wing was already broken

Wow, how did that happen then? F~0~M must have missed stuff. I guess he tangled with someone into T1 then.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 06 Apr 2008, 17:43

missed that! well spotted!!!

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 06 Apr 2008, 17:45

Sharp eyed forum members here. :wink: Indeed the TV coverage wasn't so good in some points at the start.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 06 Apr 2008, 17:48

ITV should recruit our forum members for race analysis. Throw out James Allen & Martin and whoever it is ! We can do a great job. Kudos to the member who spotted the pic.

Then where did it break ? Was it Alonso who did this few turns before or was it something else ?? Lets wait and see !

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 06 Apr 2008, 17:50

Lewis hamilton broke his wing the first time by colliding with Alonso on LAP 1.

In the interview on autosport he hit Alonso's rear diffuser in Lap one, hence buggering his wing up in the first place. This was the second time lewis collided with Alonso.

Something fishy there.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 06 Apr 2008, 17:52

phil1993 wrote:
AzShadow wrote:Why should they start any politics? It's racing. It would be ridiculous if teams made protests about every crash in the races.
because drivers now cant say their true opinions due to the fear of being slated by the media or other people in the f1 paddock. look what happened to alonso in Monza 2006 when he said 'i no longer consider f1 a sport'. he got slated. if hamilton does say something, everyone will say:'he's only started 20 races with 5 wins. alonso has started (about) 110 and has won 2 titles, who's he to comment'
Well last year drivers may aswell not have had their opinions. Take China where lewis caused the vettel/webber collision.

21 drivers had one opinion, lewis and charlie whiting had another. And last year, Kubica got penalised for a fair overtake on lewis. So why bother opening your mouth if your just gonna be told to shut up. Cept this time, the tables have turned and peoples crying foul. Hence lewis hamiltons fans stampeding saying its Alonso.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 06 Apr 2008, 17:58

mikhailv wrote:Lewis hamilton broke his wing the first time by colliding with Alonso on LAP 1.

In the interview on autosport he hit Alonso's rear diffuser in Lap one, hence buggering his wing up in the first place. This was the second time lewis collided with Alonso.

Something fishy there.
Yes, Lewis is really going to screw his race by crashing into Alonso isn't he? :roll::
And last year, Kubica got penalised for a fair overtake on lewis.
You call a fair overtake making both drivers spin? I don't think so. :roll:: Are you Alonso?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 06 Apr 2008, 18:00

mikhailv wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
AzShadow wrote:Why should they start any politics? It's racing. It would be ridiculous if teams made protests about every crash in the races.
because drivers now cant say their true opinions due to the fear of being slated by the media or other people in the f1 paddock. look what happened to alonso in Monza 2006 when he said 'i no longer consider f1 a sport'. he got slated. if hamilton does say something, everyone will say:'he's only started 20 races with 5 wins. alonso has started (about) 110 and has won 2 titles, who's he to comment'
Well last year drivers may aswell not have had their opinions. Take China where lewis caused the vettel/webber collision.

21 drivers had one opinion, lewis and charlie whiting had another. And last year, Kubica got penalised for a fair overtake on lewis. So why bother opening your mouth if your just gonna be told to shut up. Cept this time, the tables have turned and peoples crying foul. Hence lewis hamiltons fans stampeding saying its Alonso.
yep, im one of the hamilton fans stampeding saying its alonso's fault. happy now, dint expect someone to admit it did you??

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 06 Apr 2008, 18:13

First of all, I don't see why the poll has to include the fave driver of the person voting. So do you assume we can't just be objective about things? No wonder we have so many heated arguments around here. :roll::

Well, it's obvious which driver I support I guess, but I can still form an objective opinion and say that rather than a racing incident it was Hamilton's mistake (not "fault"). He clearly had a better exit off that corner, thus he was on the power much sooner, and then thought he could make a pass. But a driver also has to be extra careful when trying to pass other cars, and the one in front has every right to fight for position, which is what Alonso did. People aren't gonna move uot of your way just because you drive a McLaren. :wave: Hamilton was way too hot under the collar there and lost it. Kinda like Brazil 2007 turn 4 really.
Last edited by Lilellatho on 06 Apr 2008, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 06 Apr 2008, 18:24

First i thought alonso remove his foot from throttle even idiot espn start sports commentator's(complete ham - mclaren fans) said so .. but after watching video again ..i think its completely Hamilton fault :|

It was one off day for Hamilton ..thats it!
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

onnela
car driver
car driver

Post by onnela » 06 Apr 2008, 18:38

If alonso knowingly used the brakes, then of course it's his fault, but if not it's just bad driving by Hamilton.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 06 Apr 2008, 18:42

i think they both went for the same piece of tarmac, but alonso knew what lewis was gonna do

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 06 Apr 2008, 18:58

Fergie1 wrote:
mikhailv wrote:Lewis hamilton broke his wing the first time by colliding with Alonso on LAP 1.

Something fishy there.
Yes, Lewis is really going to screw his race by crashing into Alonso isn't he? :roll::
And last year, Kubica got penalised for a fair overtake on lewis.
You call a fair overtake making both drivers spin? I don't think so. :roll:: Are you Alonso?
LOL! nah im not ALonso. And kubica was fair but lewis cut back in cuz he went wide.

And i mean fishy asin lewis' performance IE was it another failed overtake manouveur, or was he genuinely too close? Neithers too stupid to damage their cars for revenge. Best revenge is by beating one and other on track. And it was a simple race incident, neither at fault in my bias to Alonso eyes.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 06 Apr 2008, 19:04

mikhailv wrote:LOL! nah im not ALonso. And kubica was fair but lewis cut back in cuz he went wide.

And i mean fishy asin lewis' performance IE was it another failed overtake manouveur, or was he genuinely too close? Neithers too stupid to damage their cars for revenge. Best revenge is by beating one and other on track. And it was a simple race incident, neither at fault in my bias to Alonso eyes.
Ah ok, I thought you were just some biased Alonso fan. :p