Rise of BMW Sauber

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
joac21
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Rise of BMW Sauber

Post by joac21 » 06 Apr 2008, 02:56

bmw sauber, are growing step by step, systematically, thats why i think its not the case of "momentary" victory episodes.. if they dont give REAL fight this year they would be very close. (theire own goal is just win ONE race this year). and eventually will happen.. i will also like to see alonso take renault to the fight as well. and a 4 teams fight would be excellent!!!

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 06 Apr 2008, 07:58

Remember that their new radical design has more space for fine tuning then the others :nosweat:
BMW Power

Liffonmelsmork
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Liffonmelsmork » 06 Apr 2008, 17:51

I think it says a lot about how much better BMW is at spending money than bigger companies such as Honda and in particular, Toyota. While all three of those teams are already improving this year, BMW has the best car. As much as I'm keen to see BMW become a regular front-runner, I don't think we should get too excited just yet - let's see how they cope with other types of circuit!

I think they underestimated themselves when they set their target of one win this year.

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 06 Apr 2008, 20:52

phil1993 wrote:
reyhan wrote:Michael Schumacher is an old man who is no longer in F1 and talks c**p most of the time :nosweat:
so 39 is old is it?? you are the one talking c**p.
I think BMW will win this year, but by 2010 they will be beginning to falter as other teams will progress further (like Honda and Renault)
Now you can ask Schumacher for a coment
BMW Power

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 07 Apr 2008, 10:24

I hope that the from BMW is showing is not a one off. Obviously that have improved since 2006. Looking at the way they have invested in the resources , technology & manpower it is in prospect of becoming a top team.

Unlike Honda & Toyota. They have been in F1 since a while now with one of the huge bugets in F1 but still they are lacking. If BMW can put their heads down they can certainly pull a trick out of the hat. All they need is a strong driver who can help them in much more developing the car.

And the ideal way to start is to have a good test dirver. We always discuss on race drivers but never put a light on the test drivers as they put lot of effort & time to develop the cars. BMW should have taken Alex Wurz. He is was available last year.Gr8 experience with McLaren & Williams. Could have proved handy.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 07 Apr 2008, 16:27

While Ferrari are cautious of BMW and say that BMW might emerge as a top team, Dennis has a different opinion:
[u][url=http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66479]http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66479[/url][/u] wrote: Dennis doubts BMW can keep up

McLaren boss Ron Dennis has dismissed rival BMW Sauber's chances of keeping up their strong start to the season - and is instead full of confidence his own team will bounce back to form at the Spanish Grand Prix.

BMW Sauber have made a stronger than expected start to the season and, on the back of podium finishes in the first three races, the team are now leading the constructors' championship.

But Dennis believes that once the European season starts, the rate of development of his team and Ferrari will see the pair of them edge clear at the front of the field.

When asked after Bahrain whether he saw BMW Sauber as a consistent threat, Dennis said: "No.

"I think that we respect all competitors and they're doing a better job than they've done at any other time in their involvement in F1.

"But it is when we get to Europe that the R&D and speed of manufacture starts to make a difference. We'll be very strong and I'm not at all unduly worried about the future. It will be a fight right through the season."

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 08 Apr 2008, 14:10

moRon also talks c**p, no big deal what he says
BMW Power

alper206
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alper206 » 08 Apr 2008, 18:16

its nice to see BMW vs Mercedes rivalry in F1. they have been arch rivals over many many years in automotive industry

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 08 Apr 2008, 18:21

yeah, it was williams-bmw v mclaren for a few years, now williams have ditched bmw (more like the other way around) and its a great battle.
BTW 'reyhan', you have to accept that people will criticise whoever you support. Ron is probably right. dont just say 'its complete c**p' to everything anti-bmw. ive had people abuse me for criticising Hamilton after Malaysia and Bahrain, but i know he was awful and accepted criticism. it shows you are considerate.

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 09 Apr 2008, 06:06

phil1993 wrote:yeah, it was williams-bmw v mclaren for a few years, now williams have ditched bmw (more like the other way around) and its a great battle.
BTW 'reyhan', you have to accept that people will criticise whoever you support. Ron is probably right. dont just say 'its complete c**p' to everything anti-bmw. ive had people abuse me for criticising Hamilton after Malaysia and Bahrain, but i know he was awful and accepted criticism. it shows you are considerate.
First of all I'm an F1 fan, I respect every team, every driver and I have never criticised anyone, I liked Hamilton last year, even though I'm a BMW fan 'couse I like all positive things in F1, but people like Schumacher or Ron Denis pushed my red button :<>: it was so unpropriat to talk like that and be deniable like they haven't been in F1 for a day, the form BMW has right now doesn't come over night nor it goes over night, they should know better :cool:
BMW Power

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 09 Apr 2008, 08:04

Yeah, a f1 fan, but a true BMW fan. Schumacher and Dennis are respected personalities in f1 so a lot of people will listen to them, others like you (hell, maybe me too) won`t even bother to finish reading their sentences. It`s not because "it`s c**p", but each one will stand for their team, call it propaganda :cheezy: , it`s simply a war of words, but they must be starting to get worried otherwise they wouldn`t even bother to talk about another team. By the way you don`t have a red button, it`s a blue one.

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 09 Apr 2008, 08:18

Yeah, a blue one, got it &doh
BMW Power

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 10 Apr 2008, 00:38

reyhan wrote:
phil1993 wrote:yeah, it was williams-bmw v mclaren for a few years, now williams have ditched bmw (more like the other way around) and its a great battle.
First of all I'm an F1 fan, I respect every team, every driver and I have never criticised anyone, I liked Hamilton last year, even though I'm a BMW fan 'couse I like all positive things in F1, but people like Schumacher or Ron Denis pushed my red button :<>: it was so unpropriat to talk like that and be deniable like they haven't been in F1 for a day, the form BMW has right now doesn't come over night nor it goes over night, they should know better :cool:
May be Schumacher and Dennis based their comments based on how they would fare at the European rounds. They have seen BMW test at Spain and they know their timings there. So they are probably thinking like the major part of the season in Europe would be less favourable to BMW. So wait till Barcelona testing this weekend to know more about BMW !

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 20 Apr 2008, 06:09

Testing can't realy tell much, I guess we'll have to wait for the race
BMW Power

f199
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f199 » 20 Apr 2008, 07:09

BMW have done very when to be leading the constructor standings and being high up in the places in both Qualifying and the Race.