Words of wisdom in Formula 1

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Words of wisdom in Formula 1

Post by kimi and mika » 10 Apr 2008, 10:11

I messed up at the start...
Some of Hamiltons quote after the Bahrain Grand Prix. That is the good bit but here is the whole thing if you want to know what happened.
"I am really disappointed and feel like I let the team down today as I always am the first to blame myself. The whole weekend has not been ideal starting with the accident on Friday, but I will keep my chin up and bounce back at the next race. I messed up at the start as I didn’t hit the switch early enough and therefore had not engaged the correct engine setting, and the anti-stall kicked in. I lost a lot of places but things were still salvageable at that point. Then I had the incident with Fernando. I was behind him, and I moved to the right, and he moved to the right and that was it - a racing incident I guess. I am confident that we have the pace to be fighting at the front so the confidence is still there. I have had such a good run in Formula One until now, and it was almost inevitable that at some point things would go wrong. However there is a long way to go in the championship and I intend to win it.”

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 10 Apr 2008, 10:29

"In this season we don`t need a stopwatch, we need a calendar !"

Ron Dennis words at the beginning of the 1992 season, those Williams-Renault were hugely faster than the competition.
Last edited by MP4/4#12 on 10 Apr 2008, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 10 Apr 2008, 10:31

Soyyo wrote:Bernie Ecclestone :
"What is really wrong with Formula One?There are not enough sex scandals."
That was really funny indeed now that Bernie got what he wanted. And he probably never would have guessed who was involved.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Apr 2008, 17:03

MP4/4#12 wrote:"In this season we don`t need a stopwatch, we need a calendar !"

Ron Dennis words at the beginning of the 1992 season, those Williams-Renault were hugely faster than the competition.
ha ha lol!!!!!!!!! :nosweat:

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 17 Apr 2008, 18:37

"don`t lose any time anymore checking the bloody car just after we`ve been making a pole position.If you want to disqualify something, disqualify the bloody driver because he`s just too fast." Gerard Ducarouge- Talking about Senna, Lotus era.

metalhead188
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by metalhead188 » 17 Apr 2008, 21:26

onnela wrote:the legendary comment by Kimi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HHUkHbgAtM
thats kimi for you

ezzy
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ezzy » 18 Apr 2008, 08:44

Post qualifying press conference, Canadian GP 07: Hamilton on pole, Alonso second and Hieldfeld third.

Q: (Randy Phillips -- The Gazette to Alonso) "But do you have any particular advice for Lewis (starting for the first time from pole position)?"

Alonso: "No advice. Don't be too aggressive in the first corner and let me go through." (Laughter)

Alonso did go through on the outside at the start but ran wide and ruined his race...

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 18 Apr 2008, 21:26

ezzy wrote:Post qualifying press conference, Canadian GP 07: Hamilton on pole, Alonso second and Hieldfeld third.

Q: (Randy Phillips -- The Gazette to Alonso) "But do you have any particular advice for Lewis (starting for the first time from pole position)?"

Alonso: "No advice. Don't be too aggressive in the first corner and let me go through." (Laughter)

Alonso did go through on the outside at the start but ran wide and ruined his race...
yeah, on the grass big time, losing positons to Massa and Heidfeld?? Correct me if I'm wrong :thumbsup:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 18 Apr 2008, 21:38

Okay, I have one from Kimi Raikkonen, after the recent tests in Barcelona:
"I've heard Renault made a step forward"
Thought it was quite funny :nosweat:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

ezzy
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ezzy » 21 Apr 2008, 04:18

joostlamers wrote:
ezzy wrote:Post qualifying press conference, Canadian GP 07: Hamilton on pole, Alonso second and Hieldfeld third.

yeah, on the grass big time, losing positons to Massa and Heidfeld?? Correct me if I'm wrong :thumbsup:
Right, and Alonso was on the grass there at turn 1 few more times during the race.

peanutaxis
car driver
car driver

Post by peanutaxis » 21 Apr 2008, 05:17

There's a lot of people out here driving really really fast! It's quite dangerous. I'm not comfortable guys, I'm coming in. Somebody get my walker frame ready.

Mildly exaggerated quote of DC. Sorry, couldn't resist!

:p :p :p

forzasab
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by forzasab » 21 Apr 2008, 10:41

hotracer1001 wrote:One of my favourites is:
"To finish first, yo have to finish first"

Guess who said it ?
Well i remember good ol Murray Walker saying it many a time.
Find the line, the speed will come.