So What Does Hekki Get?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

So What Does Hekki Get?

Post by iceman1 » 27 Mar 2008, 20:31

Lewis Hamilton has been promised a $4 million McLaren supercar for free -- if he wins the world titles this year.

The 23-year-old British driver told The Sun newspaper that he first clapped eyes on the ultra-rare McLaren LM in the team's F1 factory ten years ago.

"When I first went to McLaren it was there and I fell in love with it," he said of the orange LM, one of only five such cars in the world.

Dennis, 60, says Hamilton can have the car if he wins the 2008 title, and McLaren is crowned constructors' champion.

"Fortunately, our deal gives me a bit of time to save up!" Dennis joked.
Did he make the same offer to Heikki?

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: So What Does Hekki Get?

Post by Manny6 » 27 Mar 2008, 22:40

iceman1 wrote:
Lewis Hamilton has been promised a $4 million McLaren supercar for free -- if he wins the world titles this year.

The 23-year-old British driver told The Sun newspaper that he first clapped eyes on the ultra-rare McLaren LM in the team's F1 factory ten years ago.

"When I first went to McLaren it was there and I fell in love with it," he said of the orange LM, one of only five such cars in the world.

Dennis, 60, says Hamilton can have the car if he wins the 2008 title, and McLaren is crowned constructors' champion.

"Fortunately, our deal gives me a bit of time to save up!" Dennis joked.
Did he make the same offer to Heikki?
no keikki is a new comer, he needs to play his role..that's lewis family he's like a step son to dinnis and he shines the truth of the matter is heikki is warming the seat for rosberg..and by the way did anyone else notice nico reaching out to ron when he and lewis was getting ready to enter the press room..I look deep into that cause it was like he was trying to get Ron's attention, like I am still here or somthing

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 28 Mar 2008, 00:21

Nico reaching to Ron is natural. Few years before Hamilton & Nico were team mates for Mercedes Racing in F2 or some other racing series ... Thats why reports indicated that Mclaren would sign up Nico, but seems like Keke had influenced his son to stay back in Williams.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 28 Mar 2008, 00:23

Hekki would get nothing but a warm handshake from Ron even if he goes on to win the title. Cmon they all are looking out for the yellow helmet !!

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 28 Mar 2008, 02:04

Heikki will never win a WDC when at McLaren, he's the #2 driver, so Ron doesn't have to promise him anything, Lewis is the only driver that counts. :<>:

But it's unfair anyway because for the constructors they'll definitely need Heikki's help, so he has deserved a car too. Or is Lewis supposed to win also that one all by himself? :roll::
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Mar 2008, 12:17

lewis will get the car if he wins the 08 and the 09 title

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 28 Mar 2008, 13:12

Mclaren actually signed Heikki after attempts to get Rosberg, and even Sutil, failed?

I believe that Heikki will beat Lewis this year, he's already as fast as Hamilton in the Mclaren after just 2 races

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 28 Mar 2008, 16:53

Heikki is really good. He is very similar to the previous finnish drivers at Mclaren .. Mika .. Kimi .. They remain silent and let their racing do the talking. I think thats what would happen tis time ... But i really doubt whether Hamilton / Heikki have skills like Kimi / Alonso. There is something which i appreciate alonso for ... overtaking and pushing the car to the limit. I still remember the 2005 suzuka gp where Kimi moved from 15 or 16th to 1st & european gp 2007 for alonso's stunning move over leader massa. I doubt neither hamilton nor heikki would be able to perform this feat !! But i accept they are very good and look pretty consistent ...

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 28 Mar 2008, 17:21

Suntrek wrote:Heikki will never win a WDC when at McLaren, he's the #2 driver, so Ron doesn't have to promise him anything, Lewis is the only driver that counts. :<>:

But it's unfair anyway because for the constructors they'll definitely need Heikki's help, so he has deserved a car too. Or is Lewis supposed to win also that one all by himself? :roll::
I really don't think so. Remember the days of senna / prost showdown in Mclaren .. They won't titles which was literally snatching from one another in turns ... The only time it became nasty was last year with Alonso impeding Hamilton at Hungary. Previously Mclaren drivers have fought battle on the race track rather than 1st or 2nd driver policy. Hamilton is close enough to Ron .. but when Ron steps down in a year or two .. Heikki and Hamilton would be the same around.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 28 Mar 2008, 20:04

Heikki is doing pretty well and probably a lot better than McLaren had expected, but the truth is that Hamilton is their number one driver in the end, for now. So in those terms McLaren probably does not think that Heikki is up to the championship challenge this season yet.

palmer
car driver
car driver

Post by palmer » 28 Mar 2008, 23:27

I think McLaren is in the same kind of situation that Ferrari is in. They both have a number one drivers, both say repeatedly that they give equal treatment, however everyone knows which driver both teams are looking after the most. Kovalainen and Massa are good drivers, I feel Kovy is perhaps better than Massa, but both are now just going to be bridesmaids for the rest of their careers until something drastic happens. Kovy has more of a chance than Massa to overcome this but he has to be faster than Hamilton right now. Massa lost his chance last season with Raikkonen winning the championship , I think hes past the point of no return now. Thats why Rosberg didn't go to McLaren. I rate Rosberg just as high as Hamilton and I truly think he is a future World Champion, but he would have had to fight the huge monster that is the British media and the Dennis/Hamilton relationship. Take a look at the interview Heikki did with ITV after the Aussie GP, he was asked if it was his role to fend off Raikkonen. He wasn't asked straight up if he was the number two, but the subliminal message was there.
Well done is always better than well said.

Kartingchamp
car driver
car driver

Post by Kartingchamp » 28 Mar 2008, 23:33

MClaren favours drivers and i guess they favour lewis this time , heikki will get strings so he can be manipulated

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 29 Mar 2008, 01:25

That's true ... i accept that ... I downloaded the ITV based F1 videos ... There was much of focus on Lewis Hamilton .. As far as rest of the field is concerned there was literally no coverage abt them in terms of commentary .. the Premiere video version was good .. Whoever be the driver, as long as Lewis is there in the team .. they aren't going to get the top spot .. but if Lewis is not performing then the second driver definitely has got a chance ...

dumpsterdiver
car driver
car driver

Post by dumpsterdiver » 29 Mar 2008, 01:32

So what does Heikki get? Easy: a brand new 2009 MB A Class AMG, of course!

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 29 Mar 2008, 01:56

Hamilton is the first choice, but Heikki showed in Sepang he can be fast as hell, i think Hamilton himself was a little bit surprised by his team mate`s pace. Dunno, if Heikki continues like this Hamilton will have a new headache, let`s see if it was a "1 race thing" or if he continues this impressive driving. By the way, that MB A class with TC please.