It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 23:45

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alonso to Ferrari ??
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2008, 11:03  
car driver

I agree. Hard to imagine Alonso ever wanting to join the same team with Kimi.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2008, 12:26  

This might be an indication that he has a contract from 09?

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/04/ ... ne-season/

Maybe thats why he continues to be upbeat this year, because hes thinking about next year?

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2008, 14:34  
F1 Legend

Does Alonso already have an alternative contract for 09?

Quote:
Mateschitz: Alonso only free for '08
by Niamh O'Mahony, 08 April 2008

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz has revealed that he did not sign Fernando Alonso for 2008 because the Spaniard "was free for a year only".
The assertion fuels speculation that the two-time champion has agreed to join Ferrari for 2009, and, at a very minimum, it appears that he has plans to be elsewhere - and not Renault - for next season.
In an interview with Spanish newspaper El Mundo, Mateschitz said: "Alonso told a Spanish newspaper that Red Bull would be his favourite option. His situation was complicated though because he was free for a year only.
"In such a short time we would not have been able to demonstrate our ability. And that would have meant a serious setback for us."
He went on: "I am one of those who thinks that Alonso is one of the best drivers. But if we could not deliver the car he needed, the decision would have been wrong.
"Imagine. A former champion suffering in one of our cars this year? Choosing to go with [Flavio] Briatore [and Renault] was the best move."
Alonso has omitted mixed signals about his future in recent weeks, appearing to be very frustrated by the R28's lack of pace. He has confirmed that there has no performance-related escape clause in his current Renault deal, though he has repeatedly expressed a wish for a race-winning car for 2009
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2008, 15:10  
Kart Champion

I cant picture alonso in red, Maybe vettel or kubica. as a kind of apprentice to raikkonen ;)

But its kind of uncomfortable how we are already discussing 2009 contracts.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 17:05  
GP2 Driver

I don't think so ..... Alonso would love to be in Ferrari, but the tifosi won't love to have Alonso, and Ferrari loves to please their fans so, a long way if Fernando is thinking about Ferrari ...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 17:10  
GP2 Driver

Alonso said this year that any driver would love to be in ferrari and this has been his child dream, but last year he said that any driver would love to be in McLaren and that has been his child dream.
So tell me, which version is the truth: McLaren or Ferrari? Maybe next year or later this year he would be saying that any driver would love to be in BMW and it has always been his child dream.

:huh:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 17:17  

February 2014: 32 year old Fernando Alonso, after a 7 year winless spell with 7 teams (Renault, Ferrari, BMW, Toyota, Honda and Red Bull): 'I honestly believe that i can turn this team into a winning team, so i am looking forward to this challenge. it has always been a dream of mine to drive for Super Aguri'

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 17:26  
F1 Rookie

Nice sarcastic imagination Phil. i strongly believe that Alonso will be a Ferrari driver, not sure why but i believe it
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 17:37  
kart driver

i dont think. ferrari will let kimi or massa next year.. so i think he would go to bmw.. and hedfield will go renault maybeee??
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 17:37  

i think he will go to ferrari, but may not be welcomed that well and may feel uncomfortable and depending on his success, might then re-return to renault

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 17:39  
F1 Routinier

Soyyo wrote:
Alonso said this year that any driver would love to be in ferrari and this has been his child dream, but last year he said that any driver would love to be in McLaren and that has been his child dream.
So tell me, which version is the truth: McLaren or Ferrari? Maybe next year or later this year he would be saying that any driver would love to be in BMW and it has always been his child dream.

:huh:

yeah, that's true it is his childhood dream to be in mclaren coz i believe he's a great aryton senna fan.....but sadly i think his wdc's has gotten to his head (easy alonso fans out there! :cheezy: )......he would have been wdc last year if he had been humble enough :cheezy: :wave:

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 17:52  

well, you never know, he might say 'i'm An Aguri Suzuki fan'

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 18:38  
GP2 Driver

phil1993 wrote:
i think he will go to ferrari, but may not be welcomed that well and may feel uncomfortable and depending on his success, might then re-return to renault

If Ferrari want him bad enough to sign him, they'll sure see to it that they get the best out of him, they are not jerks like McLaren. Alonso has said "I'd rather be eight in a team that wants me to finish seventh than I'd be third in a team that wants me to finish fourth".

Says it all, really. Ferrari wont make the same mistake.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 19:22  
F1 Rookie

There was a lot of rumours last year, just after the hungarian gp, that he already signed for Ferrari for 2009, and when he insisted in negotiations(Renault,Toyota) for only 1 one year i kept thinking that maybe it`s true. Todt had problems with Montezemolo because of Massa`s contract represented by Todt`s son. Montezemolo admires Alonso so who knows ? Massa has a contract but i believe Ferrari would pay him to leave, if they had a chance to get Alonso. Just an opinion.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 19:42  
F1 Routinier

MP4/4#12 wrote:
There was a lot of rumours last year, just after the hungarian gp, that he already signed for Ferrari for 2009, and when he insisted in negotiations(Renault,Toyota) for only 1 one year i kept thinking that maybe it`s true. Todt had problems with Montezemolo because of Massa`s contract represented by Todt`s son. Montezemolo admires Alonso so who knows ? Massa has a contract but i believe Ferrari would pay him to leave, if they had a chance to get Alonso. Just an opinion.

''hmm'' it does make sense......i agree with you in there, bra :cheezy:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next