Alonso to Ferrari in 2011? (see P.16)

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Alonso to Ferrari or Honda or BMW ???

Post by iceman1 » 30 Aug 2008, 09:20

joostlamers wrote:READ THIS!!
The latest rumour, but it's not from a really reliable website :p :
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/mo ... =1&catid=1
not a Reliable site at All :p

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 30 Aug 2008, 09:26

That website's about as reliable as a young Andrea de Cesaris.In other words,not reliable at all.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Aug 2008, 10:52

swca92 wrote:That website's about as reliable as a young Andrea de Cesaris.In other words,not reliable at all.
Or indeed most of the cars he drove.

In fairness to Paddocktalk, they do kind of say "this is ridiculous" at the bottom. But although it's fun for a while, I hate this kind of rumour.

For instance, there was a rumour before Magny-Cours that DC was heading to Renault, Piquet to Toro Rosso and Vettel to Red Bull, and one simultaneously that DC was heading for NASCAR, JPM style, mid-season.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 30 Aug 2008, 14:09

Well today De Montezemolo has said he expects no changes with Ferrari's line up for next year.Not sure if you can take that at face value but it indicates Alonso's not at Ferrari next year.2010 will be when the driver market goes into hypermode.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 30 Aug 2008, 15:17

Maybe they write an article every week, and the article they think who will be watched a lot, they publish that article :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

- BeN -
car driver
car driver

Post by - BeN - » 03 Sep 2008, 17:25

I can't really see Alonso going anywhere. I think he will remain at Renault for now.

da9dad
kart driver
kart driver

Post by da9dad » 06 Sep 2008, 18:46

I think that Ferrari would be making a terrible decision to put Alonso in their drivers seat. Kimi cannot seem to wake up. Massa is keeping Ferrari in front of the pack. However, I can see Alonso remaining over at Renault. They just need more power in their car.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 07 Sep 2008, 21:46

Rumour: Alonso signs 3-year BMW contract
[b]F1-Live[/b] wrote:In the buzz of the post-race paddock at Spa Francorchamps, it was rumoured and reported that former champion Fernando Alonso will switch from Renault to BMW Sauber for the 2009 season and beyond.

The information was transmitted from the Belgian venue by the Italian television channel Sky, who said the Spaniard's contract could be for a three-year period.

The rumour comes just one day after Honda boss Ross Brawn admitted he is also waiting on the 27-year-old's decision, and ongoing speculation that Alonso wants to use his team for next year only as a springboard to a Ferrari seat perhaps in 2010. Alonso would not be drawn on the reports.

"For weeks I have said I will only consider my future at the end of September. My priority at the moment is to help Renault to fourth place in the constructors' championship," he is quoted as saying by Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

teahouse
kart driver
kart driver

Post by teahouse » 08 Sep 2008, 16:07

ferrari 2010 .......next year still renault

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Sep 2008, 15:14

If the rumor should be correct, then this would mean that either Robert Kubica or nod Heidfeld the team will leave. Both do not have yet a contract for the coming year , yeah I Believe he'll Move to BMW next year , Heidfeild will leave .

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 10 Sep 2008, 15:26

iceman1 wrote:If the rumor should be correct, then this would mean that either Robert Kubica or nod Heidfeld the team will leave. Both do not have yet a contract for the coming year , yeah I Believe he'll Move to BMW next year , Heidfeild will leave .
Poor Nick. This means that this year is his last chance of a race win, unless he hits off with a team that dramatically improves next year.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 10 Sep 2008, 15:43

BMW Sauber quiet on rising Alonso rumours
[b]F1-Live[/b] wrote:BMW Sauber boss Mario Theissen has refused to comment on intensifying speculation that Fernando Alonso has signed a three-year contract to begin driving for the team in 2009.

Shortly after the chequered flag at Spa Francorchamps, it was reported that the Spaniard would replace Nick Heidfeld to race alongside his friend Robert Kubica from next year.

"I do not take part in speculation," Theissen told the German newspaper Bild.

"Our driver decision has been postponed. At the latest we will announce our drivers at the end of the season."

A BMW spokesman also would not comment.

The Spanish sports newspaper Marca believes BMW will confirm the Alonso news on the Monday after this weekend's Italian Grand Prix at Monza.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

etapia
car driver
car driver

Post by etapia » 10 Sep 2008, 19:05

Alonso will be in Ferrari in 2010 for sure, for next year it seems that he is going to stay with Renault.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 11 Sep 2008, 14:04

BMW still will be a good bet for Alonso. With Alonso & Kubica on the team, they can expect fireworks on the track !!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 11 Sep 2008, 14:09

Alonso can give the BMW the much needed experience and driver feedback. The 2 time champs experience counts a lot in reviving a team.