why ferrari fans?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: why ferrari fans?

Post by Suntrek » 01 May 2008, 23:10

David Smith wrote:I like to talk about that situation with an alonso fan.. what "antics" do you mean from hamilton? what did he actually do wrong last season?

From my view it was Alonso blackmailing Ron, and blocking his teamm8 in pits etc and some questionable moves in race. What did hamilton actually do wrong apart from race?
Hamilton complained publically about being #2 to the extent he got FIA scrutineering the team in Monaco.

Hamilton started all the fuzz in Hungary by disobeying the team strategy. If he'd fulfilled his part as was planned nothing that happened afterwards would have happened.

Didn't you know this? :huh:

Then of course we have the crane incident and Hamilton's driving under SC in Fuji. The crane thing wasn't really Hamilton's fault, but he can consider himself lucky he got away both with that and without penalty in Fuji.

For Alonso blackmailing Ron it's not known what was actually said/done that day. The blackmail story is a British press invention. Not even Ron himself has said Alonso blackmailed him. Same goes for "questionable" Alonso moves, not even Ron found anything questionable about them, let alone the stewards of the race.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

pomedo
car driver
car driver

Post by pomedo » 01 May 2008, 23:20

I'm a Ferrari fan, but I also followed the 2006 GP2 season, since I'm also a José María López follower. In that season, Hamilton won the GP2 title despite he comitted a lot of errors, but his car seemed to be from a different category. He was able to recover from his mistakes even if he had lost 30 secs. If fact, in midseason testing sessions, FIA found out that the car had a forbidden modification in its suspension and, since it was a testing sessions there were no penalties, but after that, the car was never that fast. In Formula 1 things were different and then he lost the drivers championship.

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 02 May 2008, 00:39

I am a Hamilton fan, I am a F1 fan but not a ferrari fan it seems like the entire F1 world is behind them everyone is happy when they win..but the complaints never stops when they loose they just can't just take it.. I give credit when its due to a driver...I really feel the driver is responsible for the teams success.. on that note I don't respect ferrari I respect Kimi's skills even during his Mclaren days he did things wit a car that was really not all that good..so I fear and respect what he can do with a good car.

phil1993 wrote:
HamiltonF1 wrote:Well I am on this forum for a while now and since Lewis Hamilton is driving every ferrari fan is creating a hate on him and ferrari. I mean I hate ferrari but when Raikkonen wins you dont see me talking s*** about him even when he is driving poor like in Melbourne I still dont so why cant you?

its just a question nothing personal and all @Hug
I am a Hamilton fan like you, but i respect Ferrari when they win, as they have obviously done a better job, like today

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 02 May 2008, 00:53

Alonzo disrespected his boss and thats not the right thing to do. FIA governs F1 but they don't pay alonzo you don't disrespect your boss..he got what he asked for. he has not been the only driver unhappy at Mclaren, but he had been the only one to display such personality..Jpm was not always happy, nither was kimi all the time and the same goes for DC. he wont dare do that to Flave cause he knows it would be the end of him. lews may have did wrong in Hungry, But there is so much you can do when you know you have it and you are been held back. you have to bust out thats just how all these guys are. there is no doubt he was held back in Monaco...the truth is for Alonzo to be happy he needs a weaker driver that wont rise up to him and thats why kovi was let go and pequet stayed.
Suntrek wrote:
David Smith wrote:I like to talk about that situation with an alonso fan.. what "antics" do you mean from hamilton? what did he actually do wrong last season?

From my view it was Alonso blackmailing Ron, and blocking his teamm8 in pits etc and some questionable moves in race. What did hamilton actually do wrong apart from race?
Hamilton complained publically about being #2 to the extent he got FIA scrutineering the team in Monaco.

Hamilton started all the fuzz in Hungary by disobeying the team strategy. If he'd fulfilled his part as was planned nothing that happened afterwards would have happened.

Then of course we have the crane incident and Hamilton's driving under SC in Fuji. The crane thing wasn't really Hamilton's fault, but he can consider himself lucky he got away both with that and without penalty in Fuji.

For Alonso blackmailing Ron it's not known what was actually said/done that day. The blackmail story is a British press invention. Not even Ron himself has said Alonso blackmailed him. Same goes for "questionable" Alonso moves, not even Ron found anything questionable about them, let alone the stewards of the race.

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 02 May 2008, 01:05

Smash em...I agree as well to a degree I loved Kimi when he was at Mclaren I enjoyed his driving when things went well. but the only thing I did not look foward to was the press confence after the race. He mumbled and and did not give much input. he always seem forced to speak...its all about the fans. But I also have come to agree with others that Hamilton is a bit arrogant, but only because he can back up what he says if the car is right. they are all like that you don't see it much in Alonzo cause he know how to manipulate his press confrences, it was very apprent in Shumacher because the only thing he knew was being on the podium, and so has hamilton its only natural. put jenson or rosberg in anyone of those cars and see whats happens to them.
Chubbs wrote:ive noticed this too and kinda been wanting to say exactly what u sed for long time...
i love hamilton, hes a great driver, got good character. i dont think hes arrogant, i think the media kinda force that on him.

all i all i see so many kimi fans and they are always praising him to high heaven... dont get me wrong i used to love kimi... but since he moved to ferrari, you fans and your obsessive love for him have put me off him. i think hes prob the most boring guy in the paddock now. he has no emotion when talking to media and seems to have little time for his fans... not the sorta guy u people make him out to be...

just my two cents, i could go on for longer but ill stop before i get personal haha :p

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 02 May 2008, 01:11

that's why ice melts when heat comes..it turns to water and becomes less apprent..just like Kimi..not noticed when he is not winning...F1 is not just racing now adays its different then ever..its about driving and entertaining/puting on a show...
syafiqa wrote:Kimi does not have to cheering happy when his manage to win the race. His just stay the way he is, stay cool, calm n relaxed. This is one reason I like kimi. :cheezy:
Beside he is good looking finnish guy.Hehe.. :roll::
no jumping, no aggressively shows off emotion, this is the ICEMAN...so we call him.. :pray:

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 02 May 2008, 01:26

I wait for these post so I can attack back...you are saying the car was 90% but he is still a good driver what are you trying to say..everyone can't pretend. This Hamilton has been raised by Mclaren and thats all he know..there is no doubt jenson, rosberg and a few others are excelent drivers but they don't have good tools. to win races or championships you must be with one of the top 3 teams thats just how it is..case in point Alonzo was good at manardi but came to life when he got better tools renualt was one of the top 3 teams at that time he won back to back...for the record tools does not provide skills it onlly allows you to show it off....drag race with a cheap clutch, flywheel and cams hand see how fast you get off the line :shhh:

oliver1983 wrote:is just the fact that lewis has entered the f1, and tried to pretend he is the best driver in the world, when we all know that all the best drivers who actually won a championship started in small teams and build up themselves untill they become great drivers, in hamilton´s case is obvious that the mclaren car helped him in 90 % of he´s achivements, but still he has this attitude of "im the best", the driver (Hamilton) is a great driver, no doubt about it, but maybe he should be a little bit more humbble, those are my 2 cents...
Last edited by Manny6 on 02 May 2008, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 02 May 2008, 01:27

I think one of the mods should lock down this thread. Kimi or Hamilton, it doesn't matter they are arrogant or passive or silent. All that matters is the race pace and action. They are able to fight one another which keeps F1 interesting. That's all matters.

I am a hardcore Mclaren fan. I support for anyone who drives for Mclaren. But that doesn't mean i hate any Ferrari driver. Its all Ferrari vs Mclaren battle that matters to me and beating Ferrari on the track satisfies me. So there is no question of pouncing on drivers of the team.

Hamilton / Kimi might have been portrayed by media in a different direction. Kimi does talk a bit, but he lets his driving do the major part. That's good. But for Hamilton i think its the British media & esp ITV group which is over-hyping and make it look as if he is invincible. I for one don't believe that and now i have a feeling it would be better for the team to reduce the media intrusion into Hamilton. Lewis might be their hero after Damon Hill, but that doesn't justify unnecessary hype !!

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 02 May 2008, 01:31

I must agree Itv really do hype him up
sanredrose wrote:I think one of the mods should lock down this thread. Kimi or Hamilton, it doesn't matter they are arrogant or passive or silent. All that matters is the race pace and action. They are able to fight one another which keeps F1 interesting. That's all matters.

I am a hardcore Mclaren fan. I support for anyone who drives for Mclaren. But that doesn't mean i hate any Ferrari driver. Its all Ferrari vs Mclaren battle that matters to me and beating Ferrari on the track satisfies me. So there is no question of pouncing on drivers of the team.

Hamilton / Kimi might have been portrayed by media in a different direction. Kimi does talk a bit, but he lets his driving do the major part. That's good. But for Hamilton i think its the British media & esp ITV group which is over-hyping and make it look as if he is invincible. I for one don't believe that and now i have a feeling it would be better for the team to reduce the media intrusion into Hamilton. Lewis might be their hero after Damon Hill, but that doesn't justify unnecessary hype !!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 02 May 2008, 01:47

Suntrek wrote:

Let me go through your aspect itself. Hamilton disrespected team strategy fine. Why can't Alonso do the talking on track and take pole ? I think that's the best way to respond to anyone who is obstructing your progress. Any World Champion for this matter except Alonso, would have put a flying lap and taken pole position on qualifying.

Alonso blackmailing Ron is not false. Its portrayed differently. He pushed some emails from his inbox to Max & he threatened Ron about blowing things out of proportion. It was Ron Dennis who reported to FIA, that Alonso claims he has some information about the scandal and he would like to bring it to the notice of FIA. The team boss was a true gentleman. He accepted whatever it is and stood his ground.

Mclaren never followed 1-2 driver policy. There are many examples to this instance. Prost / Senna went to win titles alternatively in Mclaren and at times they won by either 1 or 2 points. That was the margin. Mika Hakkinen in 1999 Belgium was desperate to win the GP but Coulthard wasn't out of the reckoning for the championship, Did Mclaren issue any team orders ? No .. Coulthard won the race, Mika came in second. In 2006 US GP, Montoya ran right into him team-mate Kimi, kimi got out of the car and walked back to the motor home as if nothing happened.

Alonso should learn from the Iceman Kimi Raikkonen as to how to behave like a World Champions. Champions do their talking on the track ... Alonso does all the c**p talking to Spanish media and the Spanish Motorsports group comes up with ridiculous allegations against the team.

In 2006, after the US Grand Prix ... Alonso stated that Renault were sabotaging his attempt to win second world title. That's what he is made off. Accusations, allegations & transferring blame to others head !

Right now he is looking for a seat in a Ferrari. How selfish ! He says his contract is always open and he can jump wherever he wants. Is that kind of attitude a champion should carry ??? I don't think so. I have never seen such an arrogant, selfish world champion.

danz
car driver
car driver

Post by danz » 02 May 2008, 01:55

Alonso talks a lot, when he should be paying attention to races and driving etc.
No matter what Hamilton or other people done, he should focus on racing. I mean he's on F1 for 7 years, he is 2 times world champion, but sometimes acts like a child.
Right now while he should be paying attetion to the development of the Renault car, he is just speaking, speaking, speaking...

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 02 May 2008, 03:18

danz wrote:Alonso talks a lot, when he should be paying attention to races and driving etc.
No matter what Hamilton or other people done, he should focus on racing. I mean he's on F1 for 7 years, he is 2 times world champion, but sometimes acts like a child.
Right now while he should be paying attetion to the development of the Renault car, he is just speaking, speaking, speaking...

Well Said :shhh:

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 02 May 2008, 17:15

sanredrose wrote:
Suntrek wrote:

Let me go through your aspect itself. Hamilton disrespected team strategy fine. Why can't Alonso do the talking on track and take pole ? I think that's the best way to respond to anyone who is obstructing your progress. Any World Champion for this matter except Alonso, would have put a flying lap and taken pole position on qualifying.

Alonso blackmailing Ron is not false. Its portrayed differently. He pushed some emails from his inbox to Max & he threatened Ron about blowing things out of proportion. It was Ron Dennis who reported to FIA, that Alonso claims he has some information about the scandal and he would like to bring it to the notice of FIA. The team boss was a true gentleman. He accepted whatever it is and stood his ground.

Mclaren never followed 1-2 driver policy. There are many examples to this instance. Prost / Senna went to win titles alternatively in Mclaren and at times they won by either 1 or 2 points. That was the margin. Mika Hakkinen in 1999 Belgium was desperate to win the GP but Coulthard wasn't out of the reckoning for the championship, Did Mclaren issue any team orders ? No .. Coulthard won the race, Mika came in second. In 2006 US GP, Montoya ran right into him team-mate Kimi, kimi got out of the car and walked back to the motor home as if nothing happened.

Alonso should learn from the Iceman Kimi Raikkonen as to how to behave like a World Champions. Champions do their talking on the track ... Alonso does all the c**p talking to Spanish media and the Spanish Motorsports group comes up with ridiculous allegations against the team.

In 2006, after the US Grand Prix ... Alonso stated that Renault were sabotaging his attempt to win second world title. That's what he is made off. Accusations, allegations & transferring blame to others head !

Right now he is looking for a seat in a Ferrari. How selfish ! He says his contract is always open and he can jump wherever he wants. Is that kind of attitude a champion should carry ??? I don't think so. I have never seen such an arrogant, selfish world champion.
This discussion wasn't about Alonso in the first place, I was answering a post about what Hamilton had done wrong last year.

But whatever, no use discussing anything with you since it's very obvious you believe everything the Brit press writes and you claim a lot of things you have absolutely no proof of. :roll:: I'd very much like you to find SOME proof of what you claim to be the truth though. Why not that "Alonso is looking for a seat at Ferrari and that he's said he can jump ship whenever he wants"? And I mean from Alonso - not twisted ramblings from any journalist with an agenda.

I would also like to ask you whether Prost, Montoya and DC are lying through their teeth when they claim Ron's biggest problem is that he has pet drivers and in fact no equality exists in McLaren at all?

And be fair, Montoya got sacked after the US GP 2006.... I wonder why?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

David Smith
kart driver
kart driver

Post by David Smith » 03 May 2008, 00:01

Perfect example of Alonso wanting nr1 status is USA gp, asking the team over radio to tell hamilton to let him pass and getting angry about it and making moves towards pitwall etc "ron was very adamant that you both have equal opertunity to fight for race win even with requests from alonso over radio, so i think you better thank him" .

Alonso not wanting to fight and wanting people to move over for him because why i ask? why should he get allowed to pass. Alonso was NOT happy with hamilton challenging him for title, fact. He done all he could to get an advantage even saying he would go to FIA about messeges he recieved if he didnt get what he wanted from the team.

Alonsos main problem was he didnt like his teammate fighting him, he was the world champion so thought the team would bend over backwards to push him towards title again but it was equal status on mclaren even tho its not always been like this as you mentioned above with DC, he got bumped down to nr2 driver so many times in mclaren even when the better driver hehe.

Btw, just to make things clear, im not argueing here hehe,, just explaining my view on things, and i respect your opinion aswell :D

jamps
car driver
car driver

Post by jamps » 03 May 2008, 16:26

McLaren-F1 wrote:
jamps wrote:I don't like Hamilton, but I used to respect him, up until he refused to join the GPDA...

Oh and by the way.... GO FERRARI!
so you don't like Kimi either cuz he refused to join GPDA too :roll:: :wave:
Yep, I saw this coming...
I am a Ferrari fan. That is the only reason why I would like Raikonnen to win.
I am not a Mclaren fan, there is no reason for me to like Hamilton... And certainly not one for me to respect him...