It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 05:49

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The future of Super Aguri
PostPosted: 05 May 2008, 01:13  
GP2 Driver

and its okay, honda provides them almost everything, but honda make a deal with super aguri in the star of the year and the minimum is to let they try to get sponsors or just end the season, its ridiculous what honda and expecialy nick fry is doing

PostPosted: 05 May 2008, 22:26  
car driver

I think it would be a shame to loose Super Aguri and possibly Sato and Davidson too, such a plucky little team and two great drivers!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 08:50  
F1 Driver

Super Aguri withdraw from 2008 championship

Formula1.com wrote:
Following weeks of speculation concerning the future of the team, Super Aguri announced Tuesday that they are to withdraw from the 2008 FIA Formula One World Championship with immediate effect.

Super Aguri, founded by former driver Aguri Suzuki, had been participating in Formula One racing since the 2006 season. The Japanese team, who scored their first championship points after only 22 races (Spanish Grand Prix, 2007) and finished ninth in the 2007 constructors’ championship, will cease all activities as of May 6, 2008.

The Honda-powered team, whose driver line-up comprised Takuma Sato and Anthony Davidson, ran into financial difficulties last year, and completed little winter testing ahead of the 2008 season as a result. A planned buyout by the Magma Group looked set to save the team until that fell through last month, and only last week Suzuki expressed optimism about a new deal with German automotive company Weigl.

Explaining his decision to withdraw from Formula One racing, Aguri Suzuki released the following statement:

“In order to realize my dream to become an owner of a Formula One Team, I applied for a grid position in the FIA Formula One World Championship in November 2005. Since then, I have participated in the championship for 2 years and 4 months as the SUPER AGURI F1 TEAM, but regretfully I must inform you that the team will be ceasing its racing activities as of today.

“The team has competed against the many car manufacturer backed teams and has succeeded in obtaining the first points after only the 22nd race finishing in 9th place overall in the 2007 Constructors’ Championship. However, the breach of contract by the promised partner SS United Oil & Gas Company resulted in the loss of financial backing and immediately put the team into financial difficulties. Also, the change in direction of the environment surrounding the team, in terms of the use of customer chassis, has affected our ability to find partners.

“Meanwhile, with the help of Honda, we have somehow managed to keep the team going, but we find it difficult to establish a way to continue the activities in the future within the environment surrounding F1 and as a result, I have concluded to withdraw from the Championship.

“I would like to express my deepest thanks to Honda, Bridgestone, the sponsors, all the people who have given us advise during various situations over the past couple of years all the Team Staff who have kept their motivations high and always done their best, Anthony Davidson who has always pushed to the limit despite the very difficult conditions, Takuma Sato who has been with us from the very start and has always fought hard and led the team and lastly our fans from all over the world who have loyally supported the SUPER AGURI F1 TEAM.”

PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 09:17  
F1 Rookie

xyneid wrote:
Super Aguri withdraw from 2008 championship

Formula1.com wrote:
Following weeks of speculation concerning the future of the team, Super Aguri announced Tuesday that they are to withdraw from the 2008 FIA Formula One World Championship with immediate effect.

Super Aguri, founded by former driver Aguri Suzuki, had been participating in Formula One racing since the 2006 season. The Japanese team, who scored their first championship points after only 22 races (Spanish Grand Prix, 2007) and finished ninth in the 2007 constructors’ championship, will cease all activities as of May 6, 2008.

The Honda-powered team, whose driver line-up comprised Takuma Sato and Anthony Davidson, ran into financial difficulties last year, and completed little winter testing ahead of the 2008 season as a result. A planned buyout by the Magma Group looked set to save the team until that fell through last month, and only last week Suzuki expressed optimism about a new deal with German automotive company Weigl.

Explaining his decision to withdraw from Formula One racing, Aguri Suzuki released the following statement:

“In order to realize my dream to become an owner of a Formula One Team, I applied for a grid position in the FIA Formula One World Championship in November 2005. Since then, I have participated in the championship for 2 years and 4 months as the SUPER AGURI F1 TEAM, but regretfully I must inform you that the team will be ceasing its racing activities as of today.

“The team has competed against the many car manufacturer backed teams and has succeeded in obtaining the first points after only the 22nd race finishing in 9th place overall in the 2007 Constructors’ Championship. However, the breach of contract by the promised partner SS United Oil & Gas Company resulted in the loss of financial backing and immediately put the team into financial difficulties. Also, the change in direction of the environment surrounding the team, in terms of the use of customer chassis, has affected our ability to find partners.

“Meanwhile, with the help of Honda, we have somehow managed to keep the team going, but we find it difficult to establish a way to continue the activities in the future within the environment surrounding F1 and as a result, I have concluded to withdraw from the Championship.

“I would like to express my deepest thanks to Honda, Bridgestone, the sponsors, all the people who have given us advise during various situations over the past couple of years all the Team Staff who have kept their motivations high and always done their best, Anthony Davidson who has always pushed to the limit despite the very difficult conditions, Takuma Sato who has been with us from the very start and has always fought hard and led the team and lastly our fans from all over the world who have loyally supported the SUPER AGURI F1 TEAM.”

That's a bad news :sad:

PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 09:25  
kart driver

Too bad :( they were ok and with the money they had, the job was pretty ok...

some stats for them:
Founder : Aguri Suzuki
Best result : 6 (Canada 2007) - the overtaking of Takuma on Alonso was great
Best grid place : 10 (Australia 2007)

First Grand Prix : Bahrain 2006
Last Grand Prix : Spain 2008

39 Grands Prix
3 seasons
1 engine builder
5 drivers
4 models

4 points
0.10 pts / GP
1.33 pts / season

3 570 laps raced
17 587 Kms raced
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 11:19  
F1 Driver

Bad news ... Nick Fry has succeeded in his attempts !
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Super Aguri withdraw from 2008 championship
PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 14:32  
kart driver

:<>:

Post subject: Re: Super Aguri withdraw from 2008 championship
PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 15:01  
kart driver

It's a pity! I liked Super Aguri and I think they would have had a really competitive car if they'd had money. Only 20 cars on the grid now :(
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 15:16  
Kart Champion

yep only 20 left, :(

but what happened to the supposed "weigl" deal?

Shows how much cash you need to run an F1 team

PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 15:31  
kart driver

That's a really shame.... :( I liked them. Very much like Minardi, they were the small team everyone liked, and with Taku onboard they 'rocked'. Ah well, was good while it lasted. :sad:

PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 15:37  

This is one of the saddest days in recent f1 history. yes, i know they were struggling this year but it has left a great talent, Anthony Davidson and an inspiration to the Japanese, Takuma Sato without a drive for 2008. It is a great shame for such a brave team, who despite a low budget kept up smiles and earnt 4 points i their history courtesy of Sato. I hope they'll be bakc, but if they're not, RIP Super Aguri and thanks for the memories (especially Canada 2007)

PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 15:44  

Just thinking, does that mean that instead of 6 drivers being knocked out of each quali session (Q1 =22), (Q2=16), that q1 will eliminate P20 -P16 and q2 will eliminate P15-11?? kncoking 5 drivers out of each session and not 6

PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 16:24  
F1 Routinier

topic is in here.......

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2040&start=45

PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 16:30  
GP2 Driver

its really a shame =(

PostPosted: 06 May 2008, 16:35  
F1 Routinier

i hope steps will be done to avoid this in the future....better not join f1 than quit when the season ain't over...what more not even halfway done!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next