FIA summons Renault over spying charges

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
AzShadow

FIA summons Renault over spying charges

Post by AzShadow » 08 Nov 2007, 16:08

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63853 wrote: Representatives of the Renault F1 Team have been requested to appear before a hearing of the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Monaco on Thursday, December 6, 2007.

The team representatives have been called to answer a charge that between September 2006 and October 2007, in breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code, the Renault F1 Team had unauthorised possession of documents and confidential information belonging to Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, including, but not limited to the layout and critical dimensions of the McLaren F1 car, together with details of the McLaren fuelling system, gear assembly, oil cooling system, hydraulic control system and a novel suspension component used by the 2006 and 2007 McLaren F1 cars.
So the spy saga still goes on. This season just doesn't seem to end. :( I hope we could finally get over this case sometime soon.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: FIA summons Renault over spying charges

Post by maltafan » 08 Nov 2007, 16:43

In a couple of days, all teams would be blamed for spying.

Renault was found to be in possession of a number of CD's with prescious data in them. Following what happened to McLaren, FIA had to do this.

I want to hear Stepney's arguments in this matter, also, as he already mentioned that he was given info about MCLaren's pit stops and other details.

I just hope FIA doesn't use double standards and is fair on everyone.

pourisian
car driver
car driver

Post by pourisian » 09 Nov 2007, 01:23

Its hard to say as yet exactly what the charges are, however we now know that an employer is "allowed" to have merely a rogue employee. It may again be very hard to prove whether those discs were accessed by anyone else. However being a renault fan i am hoping they will be far more transparent than mclaren were. Also, a difference is that mclaren had access to a full dossier on the car, whereas this seems to be far more specific. Lets face it, everyone has basically the same fuelling efficiency and so on. The fact that the rest of the world now knows that ferrari inflates its tyres with CO_2 is a huge disadvantage to ferrari in terms of laptimes over a gp.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Nov 2007, 13:57

Awesome Great off-season stuff
Image :@:2

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 09 Nov 2007, 16:04

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 09 Nov 2007, 19:20

Imagine FA was heading to Renault.

Would he go now?

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Nov 2007, 19:53

If the latest reports from Autosport are correct then Renault are in the wrong just as much as McLaren were
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63878

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 09 Nov 2007, 20:19

a very easy way to solve this would be......legitimize spying within F1 teams!!!!! !grin! Dare to do that, FIA? !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo:

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 10 Nov 2007, 10:57

maltafan wrote:Imagine FA was heading to Renault.

Would he go now?
good point, whereever he goes- sh.t happens
BMW Power

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 10 Nov 2007, 13:13

Ecclestone calls crisis meeting
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=33374

We have done nothing wrong, says Briatore
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=33376

Unfortunately, that's exactly what McLaren kept saying and we all know how it ended. :?

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 10 Nov 2007, 18:14

This is worse than McLaren's case as Renault have actually took the data to their computers and had them for 8 months.

I hope that there will be no conflict of interest, with Ecclestone being Briatore's partner in QPR, their football team.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 Nov 2007, 11:40

Based on what the FIA did to Mclaren and several reports that Max wanted Mclaren kicked out of the 2007 championship.

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 11 Nov 2007, 16:42

OMG, this is going to be a long off-season :(
I was shocked when the first reports of this came out, although I guess we should all have our lesson learned from the McLaren/Ferrari saga.

One thing is for certain: the FIA needs a complete makeover, starting at the very top (but I doubt those guys will want to give up their warm seats :<>: ) and it needs to make the regulations clear once and for all so that we don't have to discuss about favouritism towards certain teams or drivers anymore, or about a rule being partially or fully broken. In this particular case, they should be just as harsh as they were with McLaren, or else they will kill the sport completely.

I just can't believe that we are here talking about this! This isn't why I started watching F1, this isn't what his sport is about, not at all :<>: :<>: :<>: Mosley and Bernie need a loud wake up call...

I miss the days when it was all about the racing ::oops:;

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 11 Nov 2007, 19:44

Lilellatho, Gone are the days when F1 was more human than it is today.

If a driver crashes into another, he gets fined or punished because he did so
If there's an accident at the start, the race goes on. I remember a time where drivers would run for their t-car and take the circuit again, giving us a more exciting race.

Lately, I've seen F1 turn into something robotic, unfortunately.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 23 Nov 2007, 14:23

Mclaren is claiming that Renault did gain advantage from information stolen in Sep06.

2006 - Mclaren finished the season without a win / Renault won both WDC and WCC

2007 - Renault finished 3rd in constructor (with Mclaren disqualification) -while Mclaren should win the WCC if there was no disqualificaton at Hungary.

Sniff Petrol :@:2 wrote:
However, some F1 insiders have already hinted that Renault may not be the last team to become embroiled in an embarrassing and ultimately costly McLaren-style scandal. High ranking sources are suggesting that it is only a matter of days until every other F1 team is called up on spying charges, except Ferrari who have of course never cheated at anything. Already, in the paddock (the special off season one that all teams assemble in when there’s no racing so as to allow sentences like this) rumours are circulating that Williams may have been using data from BMW, that BMW may have been using data from Toyota, that Toyota may have been using data from Torro Rosso, that Torro Rosso may have been using data from Super Aguri, that Super Aguri may have been using data from Spyker, that Spyker may have been using data from Red Bull, that Red Bull may have been using data from Honda and that Honda may have been using data from the 1991 Leyton House team, but upside down so that none of it worked properly.