Hamilton "under investigation"

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Hamilton "under investigation"

Post by JoostLamers » 04 Oct 2007, 12:10

Hamilton is under investigation, for his driving style behind the safety car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hWIfBkVQUk

The only reason why they want to punish Lewis is for keeping to chapionship open, b********s... What are they thinking, as you see in the movie Vettel could easily brake, and if not, he could steer to the right to drive between Mark Webber and Hamilton.

WHY :huh: FIA, WHY :huh:

[Edited by zack : - Please use *****]
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: Hamilton "under investigation"

Post by JoostLamers » 04 Oct 2007, 12:16

15-45 seconds before the incident happened, Hamilton said to his team that they should contact Red Bull, and say that Webber should leave a gap because Hamilton was running a quite hard brake compound he had to brake hard to keep his brakes on temperature. ''hmm''
I say don't punish him, remember what runs the Red Bull cars... Ferrari engine ''hmm''

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 04 Oct 2007, 12:43

hahahahaha !grin! !grin! wow that really made me laugh... FIA investigating Hamilton? yeah right... like that's EVER gonna happen... i think Hamilton could drive right into someone, say on TV he did it on purpouse and FIA would just shrug it off...

I posted in the Japanese GP thread what Webber and Vettel both said about the incident at a press conference in Shanghai...

If Max was any smarter he wouldn't ban TC, or custom ECU's... he would ban all procedures of warming the brakes-tires... that's definatley the thing that annoys me in current F1. EVERYTHING needs to be at the right temp. +/- 2°C of course :roll::

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 04 Oct 2007, 14:00

Video has been removed. Even amateur footage of an F1 race is being Bernied :roll::

Seriously though, in a wet race, you have to play it safe. You can't do anything erratic like bunching up the field...

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 04 Oct 2007, 14:10

They just can't give Hamilton a penalty, look at what Fernando said, it's in the last part of that article:

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/ ... 0054.shtml

If this is true, then the Red Bulls were to close to Hamilton, because if Alonso was so close to Hamilton and the guy behind Alonso too, then that would have been an accident too. So, the Red Bulls are to blame, in mine and Alonso's opinions :angel:

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 04 Oct 2007, 14:51

Okay, now that you posted the "out of context" version. lets see the officiall conference shall we?

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /6924.html

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 04 Oct 2007, 15:17

F~0~M orders removal of YouTube clip
A YouTube clip that is central to the stewards' inquiry into Lewis Hamilton's alleged erratic driving at Fuji Speedway last Sunday has been removed from the popular video-sharing website.

Even though the less than 20-second clip was captured privately by a Japanese spectator in the grandstands, YouTube said on Thursday that it is 'no longer available due to a copyright claim by Formula One Management' (F~0~M).

While F~0~M can and does legitimately claim ownership of official Formula One broadcast footage, the copyright to private recordings is by law possessed by the owner of the recording device unless a separate agreement is reached.

A copy of the original clip was, however, copied prior to its removal and can be viewed by clicking the link below.

Moments before Sebastian Vettel hit Mark Webber from behind, it depicts Hamilton following the safety car before dramatically swerving and slowing down.

Stewards are currently reviewing the footage and will reportedly interview the McLaren driver before making a decision about a possible penalty on Friday.

The Daily Telegraph cited the prospect of a ten-position grid penalty, which would severely dent Hamilton's chances of winning the Chinese grand prix and therefore securing the drivers' title on Sunday.

The newspaper also quoted Jenson Button as on Thursday joining Webber, Vettel, Alonso, Nick Heidfeld, Franz Tost and others in criticising Hamilton's driving.

"When I was behind him it felt really inconsistent," the Honda driver said. "I don't know what he was doing really. He came through the last section and he kept slowing down. He knew the safety car wasn't coming in and he kept hitting the brakes hard in the last sector so everyone would bunch up. Then he'd shoot off and brake again."
Youtube Fuji Home Video
4ever McLaren...

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 04 Oct 2007, 16:02

joostlamers wrote:They just can't give Hamilton a penalty, look at what Fernando said, it's in the last part of that article:

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/ ... 0054.shtml

If this is true, then the Red Bulls were to close to Hamilton, because if Alonso was so close to Hamilton and the guy behind Alonso too, then that would have been an accident too. So, the Red Bulls are to blame, in mine and Alonso's opinions :angel:
Okay i have another link for you to read...
I guess F1-live took it a bit out of context...

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954, ... 41,00.html

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Oct 2007, 16:16

Franz Tost (STR) said he told the FIA about that movie. Not because he wants Hamilton punished, but because he wants Vettels 10-place grid penalty to be withdrawn

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 04 Oct 2007, 16:22

I want that bloke to be the camera man at the chinese GP can can do a much better job on replays.
that could disrupt hamiltons hopes of winning title in china, thats going to be a tought big penalty that the stewards or Fia are going to impose on lewis IF he didnt need to warm his brakes.
But i do understand that punishing lewis is the only thing that will make some fans happy.

Funny how its taken 4 days for this to surface, was it not mentioned during the press conferance after the race thet lewis radio'd through and asked for the redbull to back off?
I really feel sorry for webber he could of challenged for 1st and Vettel to but why did vettel take his eyes off webber,even if hamiltons car broke down he should be concentrating on whats ahead, anyway if they drop vettels punishment and give hamilton a points penalty and a 10 place drop - i wouldnt mind seeing how well the mclaren makes it up the field and how it would battle against the forever improving BMW and Renaults

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 04 Oct 2007, 17:16

i saw Hamilton suddenly slowing down and ran wide , in order to avoid overtaking the safety car.
Vettel was probably looking to Hamilton, thinking he had a problem.
Webber nearly overtook him and then suddenly braked very hard and Vettel slammed into Webber.
&doh

Hamilton should have created some gap and was driving very strangely behind safety car but i think no one deserves penalty in this incident :|
Vettel was responsible for the collision and i cant say anything about hamilton.

if Hamilton's brake system and tires very up to optimum temp then ... $peace
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 04 Oct 2007, 17:40

I would like to point somethings out...

1. Webber actually complained about Hamilton ON Sunday, when he apologised in an interview for swearing he kept refering to 'Kids' in pural... As both Hamilton and Vettel are rookies he was talking about both of them...

2.RBR and TR want this to happen purely because of Vettels penalty which in their eyes, and I must say mine as well, was wrong...

The conditions were blind, theres certain rules in F1 about being behind a SC and ok everyone brake tests but these were blind conditions, the only person with an advantage was Hammi because he was only behind the spray of the SC which is different (because of the structure of the SC) to what both Webber and Vettel was facing...

I do believe a punishment to Hammi will be unfair, but in my eyes most of the penalties given on Sunday were unfair so they have to keep with what they were doing and if its to be believed he should be punished just like Vettel... Though points being taken away is too much...

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 04 Oct 2007, 17:47

Well i for one wouldn't blame him for anything if the conditions were dry and sunny... but since you couldn't see anything on the track i found the video very compromising for Lewis...

Also, did you see how fast F~0~M reacted and told youtube to take the video off? isn't the video copyrighted by the owner?
Trying to keep people away from the real Lewis, and trying to keep his "golden boy" image intact?

It worked in Hungary, why not here. And because of that i think they'll just say "OK, lets move on, and be careful next time"

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Oct 2007, 18:19

Lewis Hamilton:
"When we were behind the second safety car, I was constantly on the radio to my engineers to tell the Red Bull team to get Mark [Webber] to make a little more of a gap because I couldn't go any faster because the pace car was in front of me, so I was trying to keep the distance with him and then I'd move over because I couldn't see Mark and then he'd just appear alongside me, so he kept out-braking himself. I felt something was going to happen, and I guess my instincts told me right."
Lewis blames Webber :@:2 LOL

Download the Amateur Vid
http://www.sendspace.com/file/uo9wa2
http://rapidshare.com/files/60242769/20 ... _video.avi

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 04 Oct 2007, 19:05

Webers reply to that
I think he did a sh** job behind the safety car. He did a sh** job and that’s it. He spoke in the drivers’ briefing about how good a job he was going to do and then he did the job the opposite way, so we know for next time, it’s no problem.
Lightning983 wrote:Also, did you see how fast F~0~M reacted and told youtube to take the video off? isn't the video copyrighted by the owner?
F~0~M copyright notice is printed behind ticket ..and is mention that F~0~M/FIA will have copyright of any reproduction of the event...bla bla .. .which includes private cam captures too. &doh
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO