Alonso's war...

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Alonso's war...

Post by JoostLamers » 02 Oct 2007, 08:49

Alonso is ready with McLaren, he doesn't want to be teammate with Hamilton anymore. I say he's leaving McLaren for sure after this year. And I think he will be heading back to Renault, where he'll replace Fisico, and become first driver, with second driver Kovalainen. Flav is waiting with open arms...

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/10/ ... team-mate/

Interesting.. ''hmm''
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 654
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 08:26
Contact:

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by Dark_Fisico » 02 Oct 2007, 09:07

joostlamers wrote:Alonso is ready with McLaren, he doesn't want to be teammate with Hamilton anymore. I say he's leaving McLaren for sure after this year. And I think he will be heading back to Renault, where he'll replace Fisico, and become first driver, with second driver Kovalainen. Flav is waiting with open arms...

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/10/ ... team-mate/

Interesting.. ''hmm''


I doubt it Eccelstone said that McLaren don't actually have to give Alonso up... They could keep his contract and just sit him out... As long as they are paying him theres nothing noone can do...

And Its more likely that Alonso and Piquet Jr will join Renault next year... Its been rumoured so much, and theres a rumour Flav has been talking to Toyota about moving Kovy there...

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by JoostLamers » 02 Oct 2007, 09:30

Dark_Fisico wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Alonso is ready with McLaren, he doesn't want to be teammate with Hamilton anymore. I say he's leaving McLaren for sure after this year. And I think he will be heading back to Renault, where he'll replace Fisico, and become first driver, with second driver Kovalainen. Flav is waiting with open arms...

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/10/ ... team-mate/

Interesting.. ''hmm''


I doubt it Eccelstone said that McLaren don't actually have to give Alonso up... They could keep his contract and just sit him out... As long as they are paying him theres nothing noone can do...

And Its more likely that Alonso and Piquet Jr will join Renault next year... Its been rumoured so much, and theres a rumour Flav has been talking to Toyota about moving Kovy there...


Yes, you're right, but imagine, you are Alonso, you don't feel at home, what would you do then, in his situation? I don't think you would like to stay, wouldn't you?
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 654
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 08:26
Contact:

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by Dark_Fisico » 02 Oct 2007, 10:13

joostlamers wrote:
Dark_Fisico wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Alonso is ready with McLaren, he doesn't want to be teammate with Hamilton anymore. I say he's leaving McLaren for sure after this year. And I think he will be heading back to Renault, where he'll replace Fisico, and become first driver, with second driver Kovalainen. Flav is waiting with open arms...

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/10/ ... team-mate/

Interesting.. ''hmm''


I doubt it Eccelstone said that McLaren don't actually have to give Alonso up... They could keep his contract and just sit him out... As long as they are paying him theres nothing noone can do...

And Its more likely that Alonso and Piquet Jr will join Renault next year... Its been rumoured so much, and theres a rumour Flav has been talking to Toyota about moving Kovy there...


Yes, you're right, but imagine, you are Alonso, you don't feel at home, what would you do then, in his situation? I don't think you would like to stay, wouldn't you?


True Alonso probably wants to go, but I was talking about McLaren not giving him up... If McLaren don't want to give him up, but also don't want to let him drive, unless Renault agree to give them a lot of money or else are really nice I cannot see Dennis letting him out of his contract... It is totally legal to keep him in his contract and not let him leave but not let him drive as long as he's being paid... And Dennis is the person you have to get to agree to give him away, it doesn't matter if Alonso says he wants to go or not, Renault would have to buy him out and if Dennis doesn't want to sell he doesn't have to... It could very much end up in court if they went down that road but still I do not see how Alonso and Renault could wiggle out of it...

Though that is based on if Ron Dennis wants to do that... Its rumoured he might but if he doesn't then fair play he'll go back to Renault, its only a situation we could end up facing before next season...

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 189
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 06:32

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by Lightning983 » 02 Oct 2007, 13:43

Isn't there a clause in both Lewis's and Alonso's contract that says if the team gets disqualified or gets punished or something their contracts gets voided...

I say this because when the stepnegate thing startet, Hamilton's dad i think was the first to say that he's not worried, and that if McLaren gets kicked out Lewis's contract can be terminated if he wants to...

I think its the same for Alonso, and i think the condition is satisfied by Mclaren being kicked out of this year's WCC

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by JoostLamers » 02 Oct 2007, 14:32

Lightning983 wrote:Isn't there a clause in both Lewis's and Alonso's contract that says if the team gets disqualified or gets punished or something their contracts gets voided...

I say this because when the stepnegate thing startet, Hamilton's dad i think was the first to say that he's not worried, and that if McLaren gets kicked out Lewis's contract can be terminated if he wants to...

I think its the same for Alonso, and i think the condition is satisfied by Mclaren being kicked out of this year's WCC

''hmm'' , i heared something like that to ''hmm''
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

dacer
Donator
Donator
Posts: 590
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Location: Almeria, Spain

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by dacer » 02 Oct 2007, 15:34

Renault, Ferrari, Toyota, BMW. I hope any of them instead RonDenis-Mercedes team.

Next year, like 2006 will be a year to forget on RonDenis-Mercedes.

I would like Alonso goes to Toyota, and have to develop a bad car to a winner car. Like with RonDenis-Mercedes this year

dacer
Donator
Donator
Posts: 590
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Location: Almeria, Spain

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by dacer » 02 Oct 2007, 15:40

Lightning983 wrote:Isn't there a clause in both Lewis's and Alonso's contract that says if the team gets disqualified or gets punished or something their contracts gets voided...


Not sure, but the clause could be, that RonDennis-Mercedes, has to give Alonso a car on every race. If on a race, the team are diqualified and can not start, them the contract can be broken by the driver.

Repeat, not sure of them

User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by megasyxx » 02 Oct 2007, 17:38

it's hard to imagine that he's not comfortable with the team, he's the one that went to the team and not the team that went to him. He should have made adjustments, but well, being a world champion definitely changes things...what more being a double f1 champion ''hmm''
Image

crazr
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 28
Joined: 22 Jul 2007, 22:27

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by crazr » 02 Oct 2007, 19:01

After costing McLaren the WCC and minmum $100USD million, you think Ron Dennis is going to "gift" him to Flavio???

Alonso's options are limited and he is contracted for 2008. McLaren, if they let him go back to Renault, will ask for Heikki. Then, either use him if he can perform against Hamilton in testing, or "ship" him to Prodrive when that materializes.

Then Alonso will get his wish...a good car, and a nice backup driver called Fisichella.

User avatar
devereux
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 06:01
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by devereux » 02 Oct 2007, 21:28

to me alonso looked more comfortable in the renualt in terms of on the track stuff. he looked more alonso in the renault, more intimidating. it still looks weird alonso in a mclaren.

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 98
Joined: 12 May 2007, 15:04

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by phillyred79 » 02 Oct 2007, 22:07

Alonso will really be at a loss leaving McLaren. Clearly Renault's cars do not have the pace this year and perhaps it is because Alonso was not there to help develop their 2007 car so maybe 2008 will be different if he goes there. BUT, I would think that logic should take over in that McLaren has delivered the goods with providing the BEST car this year. Pace, reliability... It's a shame they lost out on the constructors title. Alonso will be the one losing out with leaving McLaren.

And, there is no way Renault would let Heikki go. Heikki is a solid driver.

z06_23_45
car driver
car driver
Posts: 22
Joined: 23 Jul 2007, 04:58

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by z06_23_45 » 04 Oct 2007, 02:50

phillyred79 wrote:Alonso will really be at a loss leaving McLaren. Clearly Renault's cars do not have the pace this year and perhaps it is because Alonso was not there to help develop their 2007 car so maybe 2008 will be different if he goes there. BUT, I would think that logic should take over in that McLaren has delivered the goods with providing the BEST car this year. Pace, reliability... It's a shame they lost out on the constructors title. Alonso will be the one losing out with leaving McLaren.

And, there is no way Renault would let Heikki go. Heikki is a solid driver.



I don't believe Mclaren has the best car but I do believe they have the best driver in Alonso and that is why it seems they are so good. Alonso has proven this by being the reigning 2 time world champ while racing for Renault. He came to Mclaren and made the team what they are right now. Lewis is lucky he had Alonso there and think he is a prick for not being appreciative of that. I hope he goes back to Renault and shows that it has as much to with the driver as it does with the team and car.

z06_23_45
car driver
car driver
Posts: 22
Joined: 23 Jul 2007, 04:58

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by z06_23_45 » 04 Oct 2007, 02:51

devereux wrote:to me alonso looked more comfortable in the renualt in terms of on the track stuff. he looked more alonso in the renault, more intimidating. it still looks weird alonso in a mclaren.



I agree with you on that. I think Alonso and Renault just "fit". !cool!!!!

crazr
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 28
Joined: 22 Jul 2007, 22:27

Re: Alonso's war...

Post by crazr » 04 Oct 2007, 08:01

Just fit? So then what do you make of Alonso saying he "felt alone" at Renault in the latter half of last year???

Post Reply