It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 07:29

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ron Dennis acknowledges rift with Alonso
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 16:31  
kart driver

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 003042.stm So, will Flavio and Alonso be reunited in 2008??? I though HK and GF were confirmed for 2008. I can't imagine him going to Ferrari.. Ohwell!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Ron Dennis acknowledges rift with Alonso
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 17:13  
F1 Rookie

No neither Fisi or Heikki are confirmed... I believe Flavio is waiting to find out where Alonso is going, but it is very unlikely Fisi is being re-signed...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 18:24  
kart driver

Yeah, I wasn't sure about those two at Renault... Well, ideally Alonso will be back at Renault.. AND... Bruno Senna is in at McLaren!!! How about that for a McLaren lineup?!!!! !cool!!!!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 18:29  
F1 Rookie

It would be cool !grin! ... But sorry if I sound miserable but Bruno is Red Bull sponsered so I doubt he'll jump into McLaren, PLUS he isn't like Hamilton, he isn't going to just walk into a team and sign his life away he'll get there the hard way just like Uncle Ayrton did... He's already said he is thats why I know :@:2 he said that he wants to get into F1 his own way and that signing for a top team is like signing away the rest of your career...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 18:47  
kart driver

Well, Bruno will definitely have his work cut-out for him.. If I were a GP2 rising star looking to get into F1 I would shoot for the best team to let my skills shine.. There are so many great drivers in F1 who just have the unfortunate luck of driving for a not-so-hot team at the moment.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 18:59  
F1 Rookie

True, I don't know what Bruno's talent is really like but I think he wants to prove his worth... If he got a contract with McLaren or Ferrari people would always just be saying he's there because of his name, I think he wants to show that he's a team player lower down (maybe Red Bull or maybe in the Williams) then go on to Ferrari or McLaren... I don't think he'll join a team like SA or TR or even a Spyker, but I don't think he'll jump into one of the top two either...

As for the McLaren drive theres rumours that Jenson, Nico, Fisichella and Sutil have all been approached... I hope they get a driver with less of an ego, it'll be nice to have a driver that doesn't think the sun shines outta his arse in the McLaren...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 19:04  
kart driver

LH seems to be the easier of the two to work with with regards to Alonso.. I think Alonso got taken by surprise by his rookie teammate... If Alonso goes back to Renault and all of the sudden they become the Renault of 2005/2006 then boy will that speak volumes about Alonso's skill and team work.... I can't wait for 2008!!!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 19:12  
F1 Rookie

Personally I don't think Alonsos been ruffled by Hamilton I think he was wrong footed joining McLaren... Lots of things can effect a driver and McLaren and Renault are on two sides of a pole... At Renault he was unquestionable number 1 because of his link with Flavio and the fact Flavio hates Italian drivers... He also has a driving style suited for Michallins and I don't think the tyres this season have been any good, lots of people have been knocked by the change... I think the fact everyone said it was Hamilton annoyed Alonso !grin! he really shouldn't have left Renault... Hamilton was always going to be good, Nico was a brilliant as well, just the difference is Hamilton is in a car when its working like clockwork whereas Nico and Heikki joined teams that were, well, I don't think I should comment on them !grin! ...

As for working with them, I think you need to find the right people to work with different people... The majority of McLaren are British so their culture is the same as Lewis... I don't think anywhere Alonso and Lewis would get on... Whereas Alonso, Trulli, Webber, Fisico, they all love each other :@:2 and Alonso is friends with quite a few of the drivers... I think they had an ego clash (clash of the titan egos :p ) Alonso works better with the gentleman drivers and I think Hamilton will too...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 19:58  
F1 Legend

Max even went as far as warning McLaren not to hamper Alonso's championship chances in revenge :@:2
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 20:53  
F1 Routinier

$peace ....that's they way life is

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2007, 19:37  
F1 Driver

They have reached a point of no return in my opinion.

However, I do not think that Maccas have a big choice should they decide to let Alonso go.