Mclaren excluded!!!!!...........

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
lynamcool
kart driver
kart driver

Mclaren excluded!!!!!...........

Post by lynamcool » 13 Sep 2007, 16:19

according to gpupdate.net mclaren have been excluded from 07 and 08 ...........i liked ferrari, but im hating them now :'( :'( :'( :'(

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/09/ ... -and-2008/

gutobr
2007 Prediction League winner
2007 Prediction League winner

Re: Mclaren excluded!!!!!...........

Post by gutobr » 13 Sep 2007, 16:42

It's not official ...

lynamcool
kart driver
kart driver

Post by lynamcool » 13 Sep 2007, 16:44

but seriously if it was to happen, who would continue to watch f1? i may watch it but it depends :angel:

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 13 Sep 2007, 16:46

the first headline states that mclaren exluded in 2007 and 2008....but now it has changed to mclaren could be exluded :) c**p!

lynamcool
kart driver
kart driver

Post by lynamcool » 13 Sep 2007, 17:39

official and final news, disqualification from 07 and a $100milion fine.........ouch

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40651

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 13 Sep 2007, 18:32

Man... I'm quite disappointed. I'm biased since I'm a McLaren fan. I can't imagine McLaren risking all this for some Ferrari bits and pieces. I smell conspiracy here. Suppose some inside Ferrari guys were paid a boat load of money to plant these documents in McLaren's hands some inconspicuous way and BAM, someone blows the whistle and McLaren is caught with their pants down. Either way, McLaren's drivers are superior. Sorry.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 13 Sep 2007, 19:49

McLaren Press Statement

Paris, France, Thursday 13th September 2007

"The most important thing is that we will be going motor racing this weekend, the rest of the season and every season. This means that our drivers can continue to compete for the World Championship. However having been at the hearing today I do not accept that we deserved to be penalised in this way."

"Today’s evidence given to the FIA by our drivers, engineers and staff clearly demonstrated that we did not use any leaked information to gain a competitive advantage."

"Much has been made in the press and at the hearing today of emails and text messages to and from our drivers. The World Motorsport Council received statements from Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton and Pedro de la Rosa stating categorically that no Ferrari information had been used by McLaren and that they had not passed any confidential data to the team."

"The entire engineering team in excess of 140 people provided statements to the FIA affirming that they had never received or used the Ferrari information."

"We have never denied that the information from Ferrari was in the personal possession of one of our employees at his home. The issue is: was this information used by McLaren? This is not the case and has not been proven today."

"We are also continually asked if McLaren didn’t use the information, what was the reason for Stepney and Coughlan collecting all this data about Ferrari? We can only speculate as neither Coughlan nor Stepney gave evidence at today’s hearing, but we do know that they were both seeking employment with other teams, as already confirmed by both Honda and Toyota."

"There will be no issue for the 2008 season as we have not at any stage used any intellectual property of any other team."

"We have got the best drivers and the best car and we intend to win the World Championship."

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 13 Sep 2007, 20:58

good thing is that mclaren drivers can still fight for the championship $peace
BMW Power

GodHatesKimi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by GodHatesKimi » 13 Sep 2007, 22:42

Kimi leaves and mclaren start cheating.................*sigh*
BRING BACK SUZUKA!!!

MikaOwns
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MikaOwns » 14 Sep 2007, 05:58

It's too bad that McLaren knows how to use Ferrari info better than Ferrari itself. :@:2

The whole ruling seems illogical to me because how can you only take away the WCC and not the WDC? The drivers would not have the points without the car.The 100M fine was a little much though.

:rule#

raikks
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by raikks » 14 Sep 2007, 06:06

All in all, FIA's new evidence consisted only in some e-mails where Alonso or de la Rosa was asking Coughlan what tyres Ferrari was using or how they set-up the brake-balance? In the end, as Ron Dennis said, FIA did not demonstrate that any data from Ferrari was used in designing the McLarens for this year.

Let's wait for the FIA full statement later today to see more details, but I doubt that there will be any persuasive evidence for such a severe penalty.

GodHatesKimi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by GodHatesKimi » 14 Sep 2007, 14:43

The FIA has revealed that emails between McLaren drivers proved that the British-based team used information leaked from title rivals Ferrari.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 995240.stm
BRING BACK SUZUKA!!!