Where will be Alonso in 2008?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Alonso be in 2008?

Renault
67%
Williams
9%
Red Bull
6%
Toyota
12%
Honda
6%
Another Team
No votes
Gardening Leave
No votes

Total votes: 33

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Alonso free to leave McLaren?

Post by maltafan » 11 Oct 2007, 19:28

iceman1 wrote:According to Eurosport Alonso has signed a 3-year contract to return to Renault from next season
I heard that too. With Kova to McLaren

crazr
kart driver
kart driver

Post by crazr » 12 Oct 2007, 02:48

devereux wrote:
crazr wrote:...Alonso is not the one who has made McLaren reliable; It is the hundreds of dedicated (excepting Coughlan) employees of McLaren, Mercedes and suppliers. It is the Team who have provided the drivers the opportunity to fight for the championships!
are you part of the mclaren team? thats an opinion, not a fact

So, it was Alonso who took the mouse and designed the parts on the CAD workstations; It was Alonso who cut and laid the carbon fiber and molded the aero components; It was Alonso who assembled the Mercedes motor; It was Alonso who takes the wrenches and bolts the MP4-22 into the Ferrari beating machine demonstrated throughout 2007.

Wow, a one man band. Very impressive. Perhaps he should create his own team. Yes, the later is definitely my opinion!

Mozzer56
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Mozzer56 » 12 Oct 2007, 15:40

maltafan wrote:
iceman1 wrote:According to Eurosport Alonso has signed a 3-year contract to return to Renault from next season
I heard that too. With Kova to McLaren
Kovaleinen to McLaren would be awesome, he's a great driver. Seems somewhat improbable though.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 Oct 2007, 15:57

so maybe Like this

McLaren:
- Lewis Hamilton
- Heikki Kovalainen

Renault
- Fernando Alonso
- Giancarlo Fisichella

Williams
- Nico Rosberg
- Nelsinho Piquet jr.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 13 Oct 2007, 12:46

iceman1 wrote:so maybe Like this

McLaren:
- Lewis Hamilton
- Heikki Kovalainen

Renault
- Fernando Alonso
- Giancarlo Fisichella

Williams
- Nico Rosberg
- Nelsinho Piquet jr.
I do not think that Fisi will stay at Renault for another year. I bet Renault will keep Piquet & FA.

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Alonson Going or staying

Post by Bowsey » 26 Oct 2007, 15:13

De la Rosa: Alonso shouldn't leave McLaren

By Michele Lostia and Biranit Goren Friday, October 26th 2007, 13:53 GMT

McLaren test driver Pedro de la Rosa does not believe his compatriot Fernando Alonso should leave the team despite the difficulties he experienced there over the season.

Alonso has been widely speculated to be on the way out of McLaren, after months of troubled relationship between the Spaniard and team boss Ron Dennis.

However de la Rosa believes the former world champion will stay at McLaren because it remains his strongest option to continue winning races.

"If you asked me what I would do in Alonso's shoes, I'd obviously say I'd stay at McLaren, because they have demonstrated to be a competitive team and Fernando is a born winner," de la Rosa was quoted as telling radio station Cadena Ser.

"Obviously, he must be happy with what he does, but there's nothing suggesting he's leaving; everyone is working as if Alonso will stay on."

De la Rosa also rebuffed claims that Alonso did not receive McLaren's support this season.

"It's incredible that anyone would still be wasting time by talking about a boycott against Alonso," he stated. "To say that is an insult towards the team and towards me.

"Alonso was not impeded. No team go against their own interests and those of their drivers."

The Spaniard also paid tribute to teammate Lewis Hamilton, who assumed the role of a DJ in a team party in Brazil on Sunday night, just hours after losing the world championship to Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen.

"I think Hamilton should be admired," de la Rosa said. "He lost the championship, yet he wanted to cheer up the mechanics and the engineers with the microphone in his hand."
Autosport

Do you think Alonso should go or stay, and do you think he will go or stay??

Mozzer56
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Alonson Going or staying

Post by Mozzer56 » 26 Oct 2007, 16:38

I think in terms of what's best for his chances of winning another title there are only two destinations right now. Ferrari or McLaren. Seems like Ferrari is not an option for 2008, so from a purely career-based perspective he should surely stay at McLaren and try and put Lewis in the shade. However, if he can't work with the team he probably should leave. Renault still most likely destination I think?

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 26 Oct 2007, 18:28

I don't think he can work with McLaren and if he stays next season things might get messy! I think he should go to Renult.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 27 Oct 2007, 12:23

It's difficult for him to stay. He has done so many enemies in there now, especially Ron & Hamilton.

On the other hand, there's not much where to go. No other car can give him the chance to win the championship again presently, since going to Ferrari is out of the question too.

martinez
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by martinez » 27 Oct 2007, 19:46

he cant go to ferrari cos massa and kimi are there till 09 and 10 ''hmm''

he isnt that poular with the mclaren team to say the least

he will go either renault or toyota i think
Martinez 10

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 31 Oct 2007, 13:11

I think Alonso will be back at Renault, He might have already turned down $57 million per year from Toyota

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Where will be Alonso in 2008?

Post by newtrex » 01 Nov 2007, 11:13

I guess alonso can go to williams....
if it happenes, it would be great...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 01 Nov 2007, 13:58

I think for Alonso
*Mclaren can make winning car (can suffer due to fine) but not very supportive team or RD.
*Renault can make winning car but less pay
*Rest aren't option
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 02 Nov 2007, 12:02

Spanish media claim that Alonso has left McLaren:
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/pu ... 3387.shtml

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 02 Nov 2007, 12:43

it's confirmed....................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FERNANDO ALONSO AND VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES AGREE TO MOVE ON

Woking, 2nd November 2007: Following a meeting between Fernando Alonso and McLaren, it was agreed that it would be in the best interests of both parties to bring the relationship to an end.

The mutual parting of ways has not been discussed until now, since it was felt that any such discussion could have seriously disrupted the team’s and Fernando’s 2007 Formula 1 World Championship challenge. Both parties believe that this was the right decision.

FERNANDO ALONSO:
“Since I was a boy I had always wanted to drive for McLaren, but sometimes in life things do not work out. I continue to believe that McLaren is a great team. Yes, we have had our ups and downs during the season, which has made it extra-challenging for all of us, and it is not a secret that I never really felt at home. I know there have been suggestions of favouritism within the team and people say a lot of things in the heat of battle, but in the end I was always provided with an equal opportunity to win. Today’s decision allows all of us to focus on 2008, and I wish the team, Vodafone, Banco Santander, Mutua Madrileña and all the other team Partners who I have worked closely with during the year, the best for the future.”

RON DENNIS:
“Everybody at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, especially McLaren’s Spanish Partners Banco Santander and Mutua Madrileña and the team’s title partner Vodafone, want to wish Fernando all the best for the future. He is a great driver but for some reason the combination of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and Fernando has not really worked out, and in the end we reached a stage where none of us could find a way to move forward. We all believe that our joint decision to part company is for the best, and we will now continue to focus on our 2008 World Championship challenge.”

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes will announce any additions to its existing driver line-up in due course.

ENDS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

::oops:; .......adios