Where will be Alonso in 2008?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Alonso be in 2008?

Renault
67%
Williams
9%
Red Bull
6%
Toyota
12%
Honda
6%
Another Team
No votes
Gardening Leave
No votes

Total votes: 33

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Alonso free to leave McLaren?

Post by Super Aguri » 07 Aug 2007, 16:28

I don't think he would move to Toyota.

I doubt Ferrari would want him either. Maybe a Heidfeld/Alonso trade.

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 07 Aug 2007, 18:29

Well, maybe not Toyota, but definetely a team that everyone says is inferior. I think he's out to prove that he can be better than Michael Schumacher or something along those lines.

mirek01
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mirek01 » 07 Aug 2007, 20:42

Alonso has two options going to BMW or going to Renault but I think Ron Denis wants him to stay because he know how a good driver Alonso is. Hamilton is a McLaren boy but he still has to learn even that he is leading championship , Alonso is a good driver witch can bring team forward so Ron will have a big headache for rest of the season !grin! It could be last Denis season Flag:##

montoya1
car driver
car driver

Post by montoya1 » 07 Aug 2007, 21:26

The individuals should be punished, not the teams!

Flag:##

ForzaRobin
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ForzaRobin » 07 Aug 2007, 22:47

I reckon he'll go back to Renault. They need him so they can get back on form.

theatrx
kart driver
kart driver

Post by theatrx » 09 Aug 2007, 01:26

Everything's really messed up in the McLaren camp. Both drivers are on the verge of blowing up as well as Ron Dennis. People might be bored so they make up things, but this news is coming true and it's evident with the last race.

Alonso has many options on what he's going to do. BMW, Renault, perhaps, Ferrari? Ferrari accepting him might be a ridiculous idea but we never know right? Renault's the most likely team he'll join next season. Or maybe he'll have that major guts and move to a backmarker team.

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

UPDATED: Alonso's future at McLaren in doubt

Post by newtrex » 09 Aug 2007, 09:20

This is new one:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61422

McLaren CEO Ron Dennis hopes world champion Fernando Alonso will complete his multi-year contract with McLaren, amid growing speculations that the Spaniard is looking to leave the team at the end of this season.

Alonso is signed with McLaren until the end of 2009, but his relationship with the team has been visibly strained in recent weeks, the Spaniard hesitating when asked at Hungary yesterday if he would see out his contract with the Woking-based outfit.

Recent rumours suggest Renault want Alonso back, while other teams are likely to be interested in signing the Spaniard should he be freed by McLaren.

Renault have yet to confirm their 2008 line-up and team boss Flavio Briatore made clear at the weekend that he was in no hurry to do so.

"I know nothing about that. We have never had any discussions about that," Briatore said on Sunday when asked about the rumours.

"This is a McLaren problem, not mine."

But Dennis dismissed these rumours as inevitable, and said his team intend to respect the contracts they have with both Alonso and Lewis Hamilton.

"There is an inevitability that these things are rumoured and discussed in other teams," Dennis said on Sunday in Budapest.

"We have two drivers who are contracted for several years into the future. We will respect our part of that bargain and that part of the situation - we hope that the drivers respect theirs, because that's what a contract is about."

According to sources, Alonso appears disillusioned by McLaren's treatment of both drivers, believing he should have had more support from the team due to his status as a double world champion.

A Spanish flag in the crowd on Sunday summed up the feelings of many Spanish fans about their hero's position - "McLaren=Traidor (Traitor)".

But Dennis was adamant that his team would not change their long-held belief of treating both drivers equally.

"That is our position," Dennis stated. "It is a challenging situation to manage, and I fully recognise that. But that goes with my job.

"I have to take any decisions that are in the interests of the team. But at the moment, we are most definitely going to maintain a very firm commitment to our principle of equality.

"We appreciate the pressure and the difficulties and the level of competitiveness that the drivers have to each other. We understand that there are always moments of indecision and a feeling of trust being stretched to the limit.

"But our team principles were not compromised; we make every effort as a team to generate equality.

"We will continue to function as a Grand Prix team with specific values, and if anybody does not want to be part of those values - irrespective of where they sit in the organisation - ultimately they all have a choice. But we will not deviate away from our values."

roger
kart driver
kart driver

Post by roger » 09 Aug 2007, 09:31

if mclaren are stripped of points the season is basically over, ferari will win and alonso will leave. he will probably go bak to renault because he knows he can win races/championships there. If hamilton is really that annoyed, ferrari will probably offer him more money and he will probably peel off mclaren. the rumours about alonso going to join kimi wont happen. i mean whats the problem at mclaren atm? kimi is a more competetive driver and could have already won 2 championships but... thus kimi probably wonts them more than anyone else, at the same time u cant have 2 championship winning drivers at the same team, look at the problems asociated with it. if these 4 drivers were split up (kimi- ferari, lewis - mclaren, alonso- renault, and massa- ?) the season would be a lot more open because there are 4 teams with championship drivers and the comp would have 4 teams instead of 2 , or maybe more. but i guess we have to wait and see how the appeal pans out..

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 09 Aug 2007, 10:20

I really hope that alonso leave McLaren and go to Renault... Simply because than it will be 3 way battle to WDC.... like 2003 it was good....

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

UPDATED: Alonso not quitting McLaren

Post by newtrex » 11 Aug 2007, 08:16

This is UPDATED

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html

Alonso not quitting McLaren
Spaniard will fulfil contract

Aug.9 (GMM) Fernando Alonso's manager has played down press speculation that the disgruntled reigning world champion could immediately quit McLaren.

With the 26-year-old Spaniard's relationship with the Mercedes-powered outfit at an all time low after the Hungarian grand prix, his manager Luis Garcia Abad told the newspaper 'El Pais' that Alonso is not planning to leave McLaren any time soon.

Spanish newspapers had also reported that Abad recently met with Renault's Flavio Briatore about a possible return for Alonso to the French team, but he insists: "We are in McLaren to win races and the third title.

"That's our goal. And in these moments there aren't that many options: just McLaren and Ferrari."

Abad said he spoke to Dennis earlier this week to clarify reports that the Woking team's principal told Alonso in Hungary that he is now free to walk away from his three-year contract at the end of the season.

"He told me what has been published is not true. His intention is that the contract is fulfilled," said Abad.

tvianna
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tvianna » 19 Aug 2007, 05:03

I believe Alonso will move to BMW and I think it would be a good decision. If BMW keep their development, they will have a winner car in a very near future.

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 19 Aug 2007, 05:55

lol why are there so many rumours about alonso leaving...?
why does anybody believe it, alonso will stay at mclaren...
mm tofu

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Aug 2007, 06:38

Fernando will not leave McLaren if he doesn't win WDC this year.
If he wins WDC this year, he might stay a bit longer,if he feels the car is good enough to get 4th title easy but he will eventually go to another team.

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 19 Aug 2007, 13:25

iceman1 wrote:Fernando will not leave McLaren if he doesn't win WDC this year.
If he wins WDC this year, he might stay a bit longer,if he feels the car is good enough to get 4th title easy but he will eventually go to another team.
iceman, are you copying posts from other forums? i think i read this somewhere...
mm tofu

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Aug 2007, 15:35

ntr wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Fernando will not leave McLaren if he doesn't win WDC this year.
iceman, are you copying posts from other forums? i think i read this somewhere...
Wikipedia wrote that: According to Wikipedia and a site related to F1 said http://forum.kooora.com/f.aspx?t=5569409 Alonso is in the team next year
Fernando will not leave McLaren if he doesn't win WDC this year.