Button to Quit F1?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Button to Quit F1?

Post by Dark_Fisico » 09 Aug 2007, 20:34

Thats total bull c**p from Mansell... He's joined the ranks of Keke Rosberg and Jacques Villeneuve in bad mouthing drivers and getting things totally wrong... Nick Fry has managed to come out and say that the since Button joined them the TEAM hasn't been able to capatalise on his talent... Sorry Mansell but Jenson hardly drives a car (or has ever drove in a car) equal to the McLaren or Ferrari or Renault...

He's another one of the old drivers jumping on the band wagons of fresh young talent and not caring what they say about the old hands... Jense is 27 not 37 he has long enough to turn Honda around if Honda help him to turn around... As for his lifestyle Mansell is like 3 years out of date, Jense has long since calmed down, whereas Kimi is just as bad as ever and is classed by many as one of the top drivers of our time... Grrr he's made me angry now :P...

mirek01
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mirek01 » 09 Aug 2007, 21:07

This is a hard time for Button and whole team Honda but I hope they will go better next year because this year the car is a big mistake. I think Honda are working on next year car and it should be better , faster near the top. Last year they were close to the top , in this year they are nowhere so every body learn from mistakes and I'm sure they will reborn and will see true Button.

miurasv
car driver
car driver

Post by miurasv » 17 Aug 2007, 05:26

He'll stay with Honda, he's jumped ship too many times.
He's one of the highest paid F1 drivers and I doubt
the other teams mentioned would meet his salary demands.

He has moments of brilliance, in the wet he's #1, and his former
colleagues have high praise for him. I think Honda will be in
much better form next year.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 17 Aug 2007, 11:20

First of all I think he has a long-term contract with Honda and he can't very well break that one (too) it would give him a very bad reputation and no other team would want such an unreliable driver.

That said, it seems like he has difficulties with his motivation when things go rough. And they are indeed rough now, the Honda RA107 is a complete disaster that gets beaten even by LAST year's Honda - in the shape of this year's Super Aguri. :(
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 17 Aug 2007, 12:07

I believe 2010 will be his final season under-contract, but I think both he and Honda may have an option to exit the contract after the 2009 season

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 17 Aug 2007, 15:45

I'm sure things will improve for Button and Honda next year.

tvianna
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tvianna » 17 Aug 2007, 17:10

I don't think he will quit F1 any time soon, but his time has passed and there is a lot of young drivers coming, letting him no space in a top team. It's a shame, because he is a very good driver, but he deserves that, after the two "Buttongates" that he had caused.